The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by roarchika
Ah, results day nightmares.

I kept waking up, then going back to sleep, then being like "oh getting ACE instead of AAA was just a dream!!!" only to be told that it wasn't by my v disappointed parents and that my life was ruined....

I'm not sleeping tonight! :P

Ahaha those nightmares are the worst. I had a nightmare where I got AAA (wait for it...) and then got invited to this weird imaginary fair thing with all universities and you go up to them and give them your PS and they say if you get in or not. I went to KCL (weird Ik) they read it and laughed and said I was stupid and should go to bin man school hahahaha
Original post by fizzywaterbottle
Hey guys,
Surely our results do not matter for most subjects due to A-Level reforms? And for those that are yet to change, you can just retake a module next year if it was that horrendous? And most universities are not even looking at AS results because not everyone has done them. That only leaves predicted grades, and if you have been working at a high standard throughout the year then I'm sure teachers will predict the grades you need (they tend to predict higher anyway).

So should I be worried that i'm doomed if I get bad grades or am I just in denial lmao

It depends on your school policy about predictions. My school are suuuuuuuper strict as in they never ever predict higher than your AS and even if you achieved the grade eg. An A they may still predict a B if your UMS just scraped or they don't think you could. It's annoying as I need to be predicted an A* but my school say no unless you average 92 UMS across all papers like wtf
Original post by isabella1999
It depends on your school policy about predictions. My school are suuuuuuuper strict as in they never ever predict higher than your AS and even if you achieved the grade eg. An A they may still predict a B if your UMS just scraped or they don't think you could. It's annoying as I need to be predicted an A* but my school say no unless you average 92 UMS across all papers like wtf

wow that's so annoying - I hope you get your A* prediction! It is a state/private school? idk I think my school just wants to keeps its ratings high so is quite chill with predictions. If not, I'll cry to my teachers to predict me higher lmao
Original post by fizzywaterbottle
wow that's so annoying - I hope you get your A* prediction! It is a state/private school? idk I think my school just wants to keeps its ratings high so is quite chill with predictions. If not, I'll cry to my teachers to predict me higher lmao

Yeah hopefully or it will rule out quite a few unis I like :frown: it's state (kinda? Cathedral pay I think Idek) but it's selective as in there is test, music or church entrance only. idk what they are playing at. I wish that would work :frown:
Home from three weeks immersion in Nice and worried out of my mind 🙃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BunnyMidnight
Wow your smaaaart, heard that IB is waaaaay better than A-levels!! I do AS and A2:Media Studies, Biology, Chemistry, English Literature and Language, Sociology and Psychology. :P :wings::wings::silverwings::silverwings::yep::yep::s-smilie::s-smilie:what you planning to study at uni (if you're going) and what unis are you looking at?? :smile::smile:

Hahahhahaha *blush* thanks :smile:

Still, you do loads of subjects too, and that's considering the fact that most people pick four A-Levels (I think??). That's pretty cool o_o And yeah, apparently IB is harder, but tbh it's just because there's so much else we have to do as part of our course too.

As for unis, I'm gonna apply to do history at St Andrews, U of T, McGill, and UBC. If my predicted grades get a tad bit better I might apply to Cambridge, but it'll be really expensive since I can't have a part-time job whilst I'm there :s-smilie: What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone thats done AS Psychology (new spec) which units did you find easy?

I think Unit 1 was the best.
Original post by LeFeuilly
Hahahhahaha *blush* thanks :smile:

Still, you do loads of subjects too, and that's considering the fact that most people pick four A-Levels (I think??). That's pretty cool o_o And yeah, apparently IB is harder, but tbh it's just because there's so much else we have to do as part of our course too.

As for unis, I'm gonna apply to do history at St Andrews, U of T, McGill, and UBC. If my predicted grades get a tad bit better I might apply to Cambridge, but it'll be really expensive since I can't have a part-time job whilst I'm there :s-smilie: What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most people do pick four!! can do more if you want.
I'm looking at doing Chemistry or Biochem either at UCL, Imperial, Bath or Surrey hopefully it will be one of the first two :colondollar: closer to home, so I don't have to live on campus:smile:

The fact that your looking at St Andrews and Cambridge shows how awesome and smart you are :surprise::silverwings::rofl:.

Wow history! really? what is your favourite era??
Original post by BunnyMidnight
Most people do pick four!! can do more if you want.
I'm looking at doing Chemistry or Biochem either at UCL, Imperial, Bath or Surrey hopefully it will be one of the first two :colondollar: closer to home, so I don't have to live on campus:smile:

The fact that your looking at St Andrews and Cambridge shows how awesome and smart you are :surprise::silverwings::rofl:.

Wow history! really? what is your favourite era??

I mean chemistry is really difficult too, so don't discount your intelligence either :P And London! I've been there like once haha.

Hmm ... There was this Indian ruler, Ashoka, that I've always wanted to learn more about. He was incredibly peaceful, and I think he outlawed violence against animals or something which sounds amazing ahaha. I also really like the enlightenment, particularly because it sprung forth new ideas on what sort of liberties - for instance - a person might have in a state. Best of all, some of these ideas are still being used today. It also helps that the American and French Revolutions occurred around this time too, and I've been so obsessed with Hamilton lately that it's hard to not like this period at all :s-smilie: What's your favourite part of chemistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So what do u guys think you may have got?
Original post by jayeshforce1

I think I've got BBB. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thevamps99xo
I think I've got BBB. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't predict because i forgot how each paper went lol what subjects do you take?

BCC or BDE lol kmn
Original post by LeFeuilly
I mean chemistry is really difficult too, so don't discount your intelligence either :P And London! I've been there like once haha.

Hmm ... There was this Indian ruler, Ashoka, that I've always wanted to learn more about. He was incredibly peaceful, and I think he outlawed violence against animals or something which sounds amazing ahaha. I also really like the enlightenment, particularly because it sprung forth new ideas on what sort of liberties - for instance - a person might have in a state. Best of all, some of these ideas are still being used today. It also helps that the American and French Revolutions occurred around this time too, and I've been so obsessed with Hamilton lately that it's hard to not like this period at all :s-smilie: What's your favourite part of chemistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol thanks, hopefully, the unis I'm looking at think that too.
Yeah I live in London but it migth not be for long. Science careers here are kinda....s**t *shy laugh* hehehe, so my chances of moving are increasing.

I like all of Chemistry but my favourite part is biochem, Atomic structure and organic chem!!
Hopefully, I will be able to do AstroChem in the future.

OMG Ashoka sounds awesome!!!!!
That makes History sound awesome and very interesting.
Original post by ImagineCats
BCC or BDE lol kmn

i hope you get your desired grades. best of luck for thursday!
i hope you get your desired grades. best of luck for thursday!

Thank you, you too!
are boundaries out tonight at midnight or tomorrow?
Reply 4897
Original post by Jitesh
are boundaries out tonight at midnight or tomorrow?

Edexcel possibly mignight. Rest tomorrow.
Original post by AKRYL
Edexcel possibly mignight. Rest tomorrow.

Can you remember what time OCR/AQA did theirs lat year?
Anyone do AS (aqa i think) English Lang, and *****ing themselves for results?

Latest