The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Anyone doing Biosciences (with a Foundation Year) at Sussex?

I think there were only around 15 places on the course. (The foundation year is taught at Chichester College).

Is anyone else on TSR doing this course?
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm not doing it right now but I've got an offer as well! (BCC with a B in Biology) I'm a bit worried about it since Chichester is such a small town and I'm from London
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Original post by pipistrelle
I'm not doing it right now but I've got an offer as well! (BCC with a B in Biology) I'm a bit worried about it since Chichester is such a small town and I'm from London

Sweet! My offer was for 28 points at International Baccalaureate

I was worried there'd be like, nobody else on the course and I'd be the only one... :erm:
Reply 3
Original post by robawalsh
Sweet! My offer was for 28 points at International Baccalaureate

I was worried there'd be like, nobody else on the course and I'd be the only one... :erm:

Same it seems like a course that would attract mature students so i thought I'd be the only young person there hah.
Reply 4
just got an offer, bcc :-) i am so confused about how to go about applying for accommodation and stuff when that opens, since the first year isn't actually at the uni itself :/
Reply 5
Original post by lanarx
just got an offer, bcc :-) i am so confused about how to go about applying for accommodation and stuff when that opens, since the first year isn't actually at the uni itself :/

Another TSR'er :smile:

I'll be living at home since, conveniently, I live near Portsmouth, less than half an hour away from Chichester.

But I don't know how the accomodation works, sorry.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
i've just received an offer, and i'm also baffled about this whole 'accommodation' thing lol
can anyone get back to me once they found out what to do. please.

Reply 7
Original post by SS10
i've just received an offer, and i'm also baffled about this whole 'accommodation' thing lol
can anyone get back to me once they found out what to do. please.

Where abouts are you from?

Also, try emailing Sussex (and CC to Chichester College) and ask
Reply 8
I'm from London.
I emailed them last year but they still haven't got back to me :s-smilie:
Reply 9
Original post by SS10
I'm from London.

Ah, I don't know then :s-smilie:

Maybe you could phone?
Original post by SS10
I'm from London.

Did you find out anything about it?
Reply 11
Hey everyone!
I'm currently on the Biosciences with a foundation year course!!!
I'm hearing that people are a little confused about accommodation...I'm here to help :smile:

Right now I live in an accommodation named St. Christopher's Close which is around a 15-20 minute walk away from Chichester College.

Other people in my class live in the westgate housing which is on the actual campus of Chichester College (I tried to live here but applied too late...there were no more spaces)

Other people live away from Chichester and just catch a train to come to class everyday so thats cool too.

Hope this helps! Give me a shout if you want to know anything else about the course! :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by efstyle5
Hey everyone!
I'm currently on the Biosciences with a foundation year course!!!
I'm hearing that people are a little confused about accommodation...I'm here to help :smile:

Right now I live in an accommodation named St. Christopher's Close which is around a 15-20 minute walk away from Chichester College.

Other people in my class live in the westgate housing which is on the actual campus of Chichester College (I tried to live here but applied too late...there were no more spaces)

Other people live away from Chichester and just catch a train to come to class everyday so thats cool too.

Hope this helps! Give me a shout if you want to know anything else about the course! :smile:

Hi!

Are you enjoying it?

How many people are there on the course?

What are the hours like?

And what's it like living in Chichester?
Reply 13
Hi!

Are you enjoying it?

How many people are there on the course?

What are the hours like?

And what's it like living in Chichester?

Hey there!
I would definitely say that most parts of the course are enjoyable! I personally enjoy learning about the different organ systems of the body in biology but you may be interested in learning something else on the course...depends on the type of person you are I guess :smile:

This year on the course there are 13 students studying. It may be different for your year...maybe there would be more or less than 13 students.

The hours are REALLY GOOD in my opinion...there are NO CLASSES on Fridays, a late start on Thursdays (starts at 11:15am) and an early finish on Mondays (finishes at 3:15pm). Tuesdays and Wednesdays can be a little stressful though as they are longer days (Tuesday - 9:15am to 5:30pm and Wednesday - 9:15am to 4:30pm)

Chichester is a verrry quiet town which can be nice for some people and not so nice for others. There is quite a lot of elderly people living here although there definitely is somewhat of a student community because of the Chichester college and uni. The shopping centre is ok and there is a reasonable amount of entertainment to get involved with.

Hope this helps! :smile:
I've firmed the offer and am just sorting out student finance.

So I'm a bit confused - the foundation year is obviously at Chichester, so does the tuition loan have to go to Sussex university or Chichester college? I've currently got it as going to Sussex.
Reply 15
I've firmed it too :smile:

I don't know about the finance; I'd assume it goes to Sussex.
If you find out, let us know.
I've firmed it too :smile:

I don't know about the finance; I'd assume it goes to Sussex.
If you find out, let us know.

I'll call them up tonight :smile:

Another thing that has concerned me - I just got my confirmation for accommodation, and it says on it that payment is due BEFORE arrival, and then before the 15th december for spring term, and then before the 23rd of march for summer term. However, my loan installments don't come in until 17/09/2012, 09/01/2013 and 01/04/2013 respectively...So how am I supposed to pay? :/
Reply 17
Original post by medusacascade0
I'll call them up tonight :smile:

Another thing that has concerned me - I just got my confirmation for accommodation, and it says on it that payment is due BEFORE arrival, and then before the 15th december for spring term, and then before the 23rd of march for summer term. However, my loan installments don't come in until 17/09/2012, 09/01/2013 and 01/04/2013 respectively...So how am I supposed to pay? :/

To be honest, I don't know. I'll be living at home for the first year so...

Ask them when you phone
To be honest, I don't know. I'll be living at home for the first year so...

Ask them when you phone

Yeah I will :smile: I'm just a bit confused about it!
Reply 19
Original post by medusacascade0
Yeah I will :smile: I'm just a bit confused about it!

Have you phoned about finance?

No pressure or anything :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest