The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by morris743
I don't care how I come off. I care more about others and situations over how I myself look.

I don't know best. I may know better than some. How can I be wrong in this situation? Hmm? I expect a full reply. This is quite important.

Because perhaps your impression of him is wrong?
It's nice that you care about people and all that but concern way it's delivered should be taken. I didn't say you believe you know best, the way you answer sometimes smacks very much of "I know best", even if it's not intended that way.
The way you "cba to reply" to Spongy, a bit rude, no?
Original post by *Bubble*
Straw, Mo, you should get married. Can I be the main bridesbaid? :flutter:

Bubz, you can be the bride. You're welcome to him! :wink:
Why are you guys always bickering and arguing for ??

Pipe down!!!!
I don't care how I come off. I care more about others and situations over how I myself look.

I don't know best. I may know better than some. How can I be wrong in this situation? Hmm? I expect a full reply. This is quite important.

Are you not trying to tell people what they should or shouldn't do? Isn't this what we're both fundamentally against?

There is a member on this forum, I think his name is DHBiker or something; he wants to be a professional dirt biker or something along those lines. He's been injured many times doing 'stunts', but he loves what he does - also, whilst a lot of people are worried about him; it is his dream... you can't really stop him in the end, thats all i'm trying to say. :smile:

....Can't be bothered to reply.

Well, I've tried at least.
Original post by RainPours
Why are you guys always bickering and arguing for ??

Pipe down!!!!

Heated discussion is healthy, Rainy :tongue:
Original post by Jaydiee
I don't train in a war zone. I'd train in the UK. And yeah of course a war zone is less safe that living in a small, quiet, boring village. But chances are I wouldnt even be sent out there.

It's highly unlikely that I will ever get far enough to do this anyway so there's no point in anyone supporting or advising me against the decision.

You did say 'he thing is if you are a successful candidate you are trained as Army Officers and commissioned as captains, which means that you have to undertake a 3 month attachment with a combat or combat support arm unit,so you are expected to command soldiers just like any other normal Army Officer and that sounds a bit scary.' But I probably misunderstood there.

Ok.

Good luck in whatever your course of action :hugs:
Original post by Stray_talk
Bubz, you can be the bride. You're welcome to him! :wink:

I want to be the main Bridesmaid :fuhrer: I'll take all the wedding presents, if you insist :biggrin:
Heated discussion is healthy, Rainy :tongue:

The only reason it's healthy in here, is because people can feed their ego's...

I love heated discussions, but sometimes it's just for the menial things?

How you been though?
Original post by Spontogical
Are you not trying to tell people what they should or shouldn't do? Isn't this what we're both fundamentally against?

There is a member on this forum, I think his name is DHBiker or something; he wants to be a professional dirt biker or something along those lines. He's been injured many times doing 'stunts', but he loves what he does - also, whilst a lot of people are worried about him; it is his dream... you can't really stop him in the end, thats all i'm trying to say. :smile:

Exactly. It's his dream. I may not be happy about that either but he'd have far more reason. Because it's his dream. Going off on such a risky quest which could - despite the risk being low - have a serious impact on your future, just because it grabbed your attention a little? Worth it? Imo it'd need to be your dream, then some.

I thought we were so similar on this kind of thing :moon:
Reply 1309
We're all entitled to an opinion if we can back our opinion up with facts though Rain :yy:
You did say 'he thing is if you are a successful candidate you are trained as Army Officers and commissioned as captains, which means that you have to undertake a 3 month attachment with a combat or combat support arm unit,so you are expected to command soldiers just like any other normal Army Officer and that sounds a bit scary.' But I probably misunderstood there.

Ok.

Good luck in whatever your course of action :hugs:

I love how morris uses the auxiliary Smilies to calm everything down :tongue:
Original post by Deyesy
We're all entitled to an opinion if we can back our opinion up with facts though Rain :yy:

Indeed my friend :smile:
The only reason it's healthy in here, is because people can feed their ego's...

I love heated discussions, but sometimes it's just for the menial things?

How you been though?

Go to the Back Room, ego-feeding can be observed all day there.
I'm good thanks, coming to the end of my Easter holidays which is sad. Always really hard to get back into the swing of things when you have any amount of time, longer than a weekend, off! How are you? Been doing much?
I love how morris uses the auxiliary Smilies to calm everything down :tongue:

I meant it :smile:
I'm good thanks, coming to the end of my Easter holidays which is sad. Always really hard to get back into the swing of things when you have any amount of time, longer than a weekend, off! How are you? Been doing much?

Oh cool, I'm not a sub so never been there.

Ah I know the feeling when holidays finish, everyone dreads waking up that Monday morning :tongue:

I have been good thanks, just keeping busy and enjoying what I have for now.

lol wanted to neg you early, now want to pos you for the back room thing :tongue:
I meant it :smile:

Without doubt I know :smile:

So how been man?

X
Oh cool, I'm not a sub so never been there.

Ah I know the feeling when holidays finish, everyone dreads waking up that Monday morning :tongue:

I have been good thanks, just keeping busy and enjoying what I have for now.

Don't bother venturing in, is my advice!
Are you at school, uni or employed?

lol wanted to neg you early, now want to pos you for the back room thing :tongue:

Hah, what for?
Without doubt I know :smile:

So how been man?

X

Okish today.

Are you good? x

Hah, what for?

Oh your ranting at me :tongue: But then I realised it was about Spontogical and glad I couldn't :tongue:

Latest