The Student Room Group

A level choices and career hopes- care to share?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SolsterManzzi
So do you not need physics, if you decide to change your mind to chemical engineering? I'm in a similar situation and have put down:

Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics
but would like to change physics to geography, but i dont wont chemical engineering to be ruled out :confused:

EDIT: I also have the option of further maths

Yes I have thought about this and have been thinking about changing economics for a long time, this is just what currently is on my application to sixth form.
Chemical engineering is only really one of my alternative ideas, I have been looking at the Natural Sciences course at Cambridge (I can dream...lol)

To be honest my main love is chemistry - I am a true chemistry geek and if I can't reach medicine (which is quite likely...) then I would not be surprised seeing myself applying for various chemistry based courses with a biology rather than physics tilt.

I'm not certain about further maths yet, I have a sixth form induction week in July in which I will find out more :smile:
Original post by themancunian
Well aim high then fall back low; learn from your mistakes and get on with your life and choose to do something else.

Indeedy :smile:
Reply 162
Well aim high then fall back low; learn from your mistakes and get on with your life and choose to do something else.

And get into a bad uni through clearing :wink:
Reply 163
A-level choices:
Maths
Physics
Business

Hoping to get into a mathematical field
Original post by Michael's
And get into a bad uni through clearing :wink:

:P Yup
Original post by Aysena
I'm loving it at sixthform! :biggrin: DO IT DO IT haha

What did you get for GCSE?
Reply 166
:P Yup

Ahahah :P oh well. Good luck to all of you who try. I hope you get everything that you deserve :smile:
Reply 167
Original post by hopingtobeadentist
What did you get for GCSE?

What all my GCSEs or just for maths? I got an A* for Maths
Reply 168
Original post by dinrah04
I want to do Medicine and I'm thinking of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (+Philosophy) I'm not sure if not having Maths would be detrimental but I've read it's not a necessity.

Yeah I know it's not necessary but I've spoken to junior doctors and they've said it is useful to have :smile:
Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths, Economics. Looking to do either synthetic biology / genetic engineering or *possibly* medicine.
English Lit, Philosophy, History, Psychology (AS). Would love to do a degree in English Lit and hope to one day become a novelist/screenwriter.
Original post by Aysena
Yeah I know it's not necessary but I've spoken to junior doctors and they've said it is useful to have :smile:

Would just an FSMQ, and a decent GCSE grade, not exactly make up for like at least somewhat show I'm competent in maths, I just really dislike it.
Original post by Aysena
What all my GCSEs or just for maths? I got an A* for Maths

All your GCSE's :biggrin:
Reply 173
All your GCSE's :biggrin:

haha I got 7A* and 5A's :P Since I'm in Wales my school do WJEC and I hate it >.< and you? I'm assuming you did a few in year 10 and in Jan of year 11? :smile:
Reply 174
Original post by dinrah04
Would just an FSMQ, and a decent GCSE grade, not exactly make up for like at least somewhat show I'm competent in maths, I just really dislike it.

Aww Maths is awesome haha :biggrin:
Original post by Aysena
haha I got 7A* and 5A's :P Since I'm in Wales my school do WJEC and I hate it >.< and you? I'm assuming you did a few in year 10 and in Jan of year 11? :smile:

Wales!! :P WJEC *sigh* thank god our school do science with OCR but the rest with WJEC :frown:
Original post by Aysena

Still in year 10 :frown:, I've got A in maths so far and I've the rest of my exams in the next two weeks
Reply 177
Still in year 10 :frown:, I've got A in maths so far and I've the rest of my exams in the next two weeks

Aw right I thought you were Year 11 :biggrin: Yeah my sister's in year 10 and she's got 2 more GCSEs plus internal exams. That's good, Wish you all the best with the rest of your exams! Just study hard :smile:
Reply 178
Original post by shadab786ahmed
Wales!! :P WJEC *sigh* thank god our school do science with OCR but the rest with WJEC :frown:

Yeah a few other schools in wales do OCR science and the rest WJEC but ours decided to do all WJEC except for Physics, Art, Psychology >.< Apparently Edexcel used to be the easiest until fairly recently they've made it harder. I reckon WJEC is either the hardest or one of the harder exam boards! What school you at? :smile:
A-Levels:
- Government and Politics
- History
- Geography
- English Literature (will probably drop after AS)

Hope to go onto University to do either Politics or Politics combined course :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest