The Student Room Group

Battlefield 3

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2260
Original post by Miss Trololol
It seems as if any kind of shotgun makes you unpopular. I see so many servers that are "No shotguns allowed" :angry:

It's because the shotguns are pathetically overpowered relative to the machine guns. They shouldn't have the power/distance combo that they do on the game.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2261
Original post by Mess.
It's because the shotguns are pathetically overpowered relative to the machine guns. They shouldn't have the power/distance combo that they do on the game.

No gun is OP. Seriously it's annoying to be killed by them, but if someone is good with a gun it seems to instantly make it OP... Shotguns are meant to be beast in close quarters but you can counter buckshot and flechette with distance. Slugs require accuracy so you can counter this with movement/distance.

Reply 2262
So what's the general consensus on Premium? I haven't bought it, refuse to pay 60 quid for one game.
It's good value for money. I don't feel at all ripped off, in fact I think it's a fair price to pay for the continued development of the game.
Reply 2264
Original post by Yuri
No gun is OP. Seriously it's annoying to be killed by them, but if someone is good with a gun it seems to instantly make it OP... Shotguns are meant to be beast in close quarters but you can counter buckshot and flechette with distance. Slugs require accuracy so you can counter this with movement/distance.

They are overpowered in relation to the other guns on the game and their 'real world' attributes though. A shotgun, at the distances they one shot or two shot kill on the games far too arcadey in comparison to the arcade balance of the other guns.

I think that's why it is so annoying to be killed by them. 'sniper shotguns' they essentially become when they are almost as accurate as a short to mid assault rifle whilst retaining far more power over distance than any shotgun does.

Battlefield 4...

:nothing:

They have to be freaking kidding.
Original post by Friar Chris
Battlefield 4...

New features include more maps and even more destruction!
Anyone else seen the Armoured Kill trailer?

[video="youtube;wF8H1Wh-Brc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF8H1Wh-Brc&list=UUvNBXWGykQrWb7kPAn5eLUQ&index=1&feature=plcp&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.co m%2Fuser%2Fbattlefield%3Ffeature %3Dresults_main&has_verified=1[/video]
Battlefield 4...

It likely won't be out until 2014 considering they said the beta will be in late 2013 so at least they're not going for a medal of honour one year then battlefield the next etc. kind of thing.
Original post by Pinkhead
Anyone else seen the Armoured Kill trailer?

[video="youtube;wF8H1Wh-Brc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF8H1Wh-Brc&list=UUvNBXWGykQrWb7kPAn5eLUQ&index=1&feature=plcp&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.co m%2Fuser%2Fbattlefield%3Ffeature %3Dresults_main&has_verified=1[/video]

Looks really cool! :biggrin: I'm probably not going to play it much since I suck at driving any sort of vehicle but my brother is really stoked for it. I kinda see it as a message to the haters who claimed that BF3 is just like CoD. DICE are pretty much all like "We're not like CoD and we can prove it!" :wink:
Original post by hassi94
It likely won't be out until 2014 considering they said the beta will be in late 2013 so at least they're not going for a medal of honour one year then battlefield the next etc. kind of thing.

When you put it like that, it makes a lot of sense. BF3 was released in 2011 so the next one isn't until at least 2014. It's not as bad as everyone makes out.
Original post by hassi94

Why not 2013? The beta is set for Fall 2013 and the beta for BF3 was Fall 2011 and the game came out a month later. The fall/winter quarter is the best time to release games.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
New features include more maps and even more destruction!

Probably means they're including all the destruction that they cut from BF3 after the beta (cratering, ground deformation, collapsing buildings, raining debris)... :rolleyes:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Why not 2013? The beta is set for Fall 2013 and the beta for BF3 was Fall 2011 and the game came out a month later. The fall/winter quarter is the best time to release games.

I didn't think they'd make it that close - I guess I forgot about the BF3 beta date - for some reason I had early summer in my head for the BF3 beta :tongue:

You are then probably right.
Probably means they're including all the destruction that they cut from BF3 after the beta (cratering, ground deformation, collapsing buildings, raining debris)... :rolleyes:

I was pretty disappointed with the lack of destruction in BF3. Considering all the pre-release talk of them 'bringing back real destruction' that BF:BC2 took away - I'd have expected it to at least have AS MUCH destruction as BC2.
It would be so much better if they waited for the new round of consoles. They've obviously reached the peak with this round and it's probably having a detrimental effect on how far the PC version can go as well. They could have a game built from the ground up for the next console and really utilise the full capabilities of such a machine (and the PC wouldn't be as badly hampered and have the game on such crutches either). :coma:
(edited 11 years ago)
Well, I'm hyped up for AK now :colonhash:
Reply 2277
L96 Red dot/ACOG scope.

Mwahahaha, annoy everyone with one sot kills.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Aj12
L95 Red dot/ACOG scope.

Mwahahaha, annoy everyone with one sot kills.

The L96? Yeah it's pretty fun. It can also be pretty annoying when you get kill assists for 98 and 99. I've found it's a really good way to get a ton of kills with the snipers to get the other unlocks.

EDIT: I love that there's no/no noticeable sway when ADS (Aiming Down Sights), too.
Reply 2279
Original post by gumball
The L96? Yeah it's pretty fun. It can also be pretty annoying when you get kill assists for 98 and 99. I've found it's a really good way to get a ton of kills with the snipers to get the other unlocks.

EDIT: I love that there's no/no noticeable sway when ADS (Aiming Down Sights), too.

haha, would be funny if you got someone onto 0% hp (yes we have all seen it :P (i hope) ) and you got a kill assist for 100 :biggrin:

(dislike :s-smilie:? thats a bit harsh)
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply