The Student Room Group

TSR Iraqi Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Stalin
To anyone who has lived in Iraq, or who has family who've lived in Iraq: would you/they rather Iraq as it is now or pre-2003?

Pre.

Btw where can I find your blog? :holmes:
Original post by >Anna<

I'm sure you're not :p:

Subtly arrange to hang out with him and his friend and just happen to have some falafel and houmous on your person...it'll practically sort itself out :wink:

I can arrange that :holmes: Thankyou.
He is beautiful. :flutter:
Original post by ithoughtofthis

No problem...keep us all updated! Maybe your children will be posting in this thread in the future :moon:

He really does sound very dreamy :coma:
Original post by Stalin
To anyone who has lived in Iraq, or who has family who've lived in Iraq: would you/they rather Iraq as it is now or pre-2003?

Pre-2003, without a doubt.

Are you Iraqi?
(edited 13 years ago)
>Anna<
x

Hello, dear. :smile:

Oh really. Why pre-invasion? And were they Sunnis by any chance?

Original post by win2kpro
Pre.

Btw where can I find your blog? :holmes:

I've missed you too.

Why pre?

I haven't updated, let alone looked at, my blog in ages. Are you looking for the article regarding Iraq?
Original post by Retrospect

Are you Iraqi?

No..Half middle eastern half russian. Please dont say I dont have a chance because of my nationality, I've heard/seen that most arabs like to stick to their own nationalities (Esp because of family and stuff). Ekh!
Original post by Retrospect
Pre-2003, without a doubt.

Are you Iraqi?

Why pre?
Original post by >Anna<
No problem...keep us all updated! Maybe your children will be posting in this thread in the future :moon:

He really does sound very dreamy :coma:

Lolol, lets hope there are things to keep you updated about!
Original post by Stalin

No, they're Armenian so they're Christians. They felt safer then; it's pretty much open season on Christians at the moment.
Lolol, lets hope there are things to keep you updated about!

I have my fingers crossed :h:

Also, what kind of middle-eastern are you?
Reply 90
Original post by Stalin
I've missed you too.

Why pre?

I haven't updated, let alone looked at, my blog in ages. Are you looking for the article regarding Iraq?

<3

How are things with you bro?

I am sure they have their reasons but I wouldn't be the right person to talk on behalf of them.

Nah, was just interested in reading further articles you may have posted. :h:
Original post by >Anna<
No, they're Armenian so they're Christians. They felt safer then; it's pretty much open season on Christians at the moment.

It is, aye. And it is rather unfortunate that a group of Islamofascist thugs, hell-bent upon bringing Iraq to its knees and establishing a state similar to Saddam's are wreaking havoc in a country which has suffered for the last 30 years.

Would you rather an Iraq under Saddam's fascist jackboot or a chance at democracy?
Original post by >Anna<
I have my fingers crossed :h:

Also, what kind of middle-eastern are you?

Spasibo!
Original post by win2kpro
<3

How are things with you bro?

I am sure they have their reasons but I wouldn't be the right person to talk on behalf of them.

Nah, was just interested in reading further articles you may have posted. :h:

Things are good, man. Uni's going great and my 2011 app's finally receiving some feedback. How's medicine treating you?

I haven't since I've been at uni, naw. However, I might continue to write again. We'll see.

Here it is: http://theloyalopposition.blogetery.com/
Original post by Stalin
It is, aye. And it is rather unfortunate that a group of Islamofascist thugs, hell-bent upon bringing Iraq to its knees and establishing a state similar to Saddam's are wreaking havoc in a country which has suffered for the last 30 years.

Would you rather an Iraq under Saddam's fascist jackboot or a chance at democracy?

Well obviously democracy is the ideal, but I'm more immediately concerned with my family being safe.
Original post by Stalin

I would also say pre....and I say that as a kurd...

simply as things were better with saddam, the decadence and stupid excesses of now were not there, the people were better, kinder to their "fellow man" if you will, and not only that, but ALL of iraq has become so much more dangerous, even though you won't hear that about the north....it geniunely is much more dangerous

its a case of better the devil you know, and the fact that with him, many of todays problems would not exist
Original post by >Anna<
Well obviously democracy is the ideal, but I'm more immediately concerned with my family being safe.

I would disagree with you there....

democracy in the middle east never really works...and never will

1. the people are not inclined towards it, our culture etc. makes us prefer a strong, single leader rather than democratic parliament..

2. in democracies in the middle east, those in power simply reward their friends and family with power, money, wealth etc, are stupidly corrupt and care little about their country once they are in the halls of power...eg. iraq...tallibani has pretty much installed his entire family into all the critical posts, given them acres of land etc., whereas things for the people have become much much worse....even in the kurdish regions up north

3. when a middle eastern country is thrust into democracy, they will pick up all the decadence from western society and little else, as can be seen in the hordes of iraqi thugs that simply wouldn't have existed before

there is more, but I have coursework to write :biggrin:
Original post by infernalcradle
I would disagree with you there....

democracy in the middle east never really works...and never will

1. the people are not inclined towards it, our culture etc. makes us prefer a strong, single leader rather than democratic parliament..

2. in democracies in the middle east, those in power simply reward their friends and family with power, money, wealth etc, are stupidly corrupt and care little about their country once they are in the halls of power...eg. iraq...tallibani has pretty much installed his entire family into all the critical posts, given them acres of land etc., whereas things for the people have become much much worse....even in the kurdish regions up north

3. when a middle eastern country is thrust into democracy, they will pick up all the decadence from western society and little else, as can be seen in the hordes of iraqi thugs that simply wouldn't have existed before

there is more, but I have coursework to write :biggrin:

I mean the concept of democracy is generally an ideal, I didn't mean I necessarily think it would work :p:
Original post by >Anna<
I mean the concept of democracy is generally an ideal, I didn't mean I necessarily think it would work :p:

oh...in that case....agreed :rolleyes:
Reply 99
No..Half middle eastern half russian. Please dont say I dont have a chance because of my nationality, I've heard/seen that most arabs like to stick to their own nationalities (Esp because of family and stuff). Ekh!

What a combination! Can't imagine any sane guy saying no to that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest