The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Foundation year 2011/12 discussion

Scroll to see replies

I had an interview at Kingston in 2007 for the art foundation and I got accepted. It was a group interview and there were about 8 of us, tables in a circle and we had a table each to put our portfolios on. Then they asked each individual person to show their portfolio for 2 course people and the rest of the group, I had to go first!!! it was done by alphabetical order argh! it was basically very 'this was my photography project based on the theme......what i wanted to show was....the artist that inspired this piece was....i liked the aesthetic of this piece.....i made this by....' it is just basically talking about your work - there were no trick questions just be sure of what you think and be honest. I was very nervous, my voice was shaking and i got a round of applause at the end for having gone first as i was SO nervous haha!!! they are quite strict at Kingston because they have SO few spaces on their foundation...and one girl showed a project based on costume (i think) and said she really wants to go into costume and period design and the course lady ripped into her saying that they dont do costume on the foundation and 'didnt you come to an open day? havent you read the course information?' - it was so awkward!!! if the girl had only said that she wanted to translate costume into modern fashion design or something she wouldve been ok - i felt so bad for her! :s-smilie: but all they asked was 'you must really love fashion' and i said yes and that was it really!!!!!
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 81
has anyone heard from csm yet? Just curious to know if they've started giving out replies yet...
Original post by Belle0393
has anyone heard from csm yet? Just curious to know if they've started giving out replies yet...

I had my portfolio viewing on the 2nd Feb and havent heard anything back yet - will be 3 weeks tomorrow :frown: getting so nervous!
Reply 83
yeah same! i'm coming up to a month now and the suspense is killing me!
had my review on 27th jan and haven't heard anything. On the advice sheet it does say within 3 week you should be notified but as there are soo many applicants on the review day they said by the end of march. The latest. So any time no to the end of march,
Reply 85
yeah I know. just wanted to know if any replies have been given out yet.
(edited 13 years ago)
I know the wait it soo horrible but i hope we hear very soon.
Reply 87
helloo i also am waiting to hear from csm foundation! xx
Reply 88
woow...so many applicants..it's just me or the foundation course at CSM is very famous this year?

Good luck to all of us!!
anybody heard yet? I'm literally dying of impatience!!!! Its so frustrating because everyone keeps asking me about it and i'm like 'no havent heard yet still...' although thats gotta be better than 'i didnt get in'!! haha!
I know I havnt heard either I don't think I'm getting in now. And really worried as I really want to get in as it's my first choice. I'm sooo inpatient. Anyway good luck to all aplicants! X
csm are giving out places, a girl in my art class got one abour 4 days ago..
wow. so lucky thanks.
By any chance do you know if she got an email or a letter for her result?
Did you apply as well?
erm, she got a letter i think, i saw it on her facebook..
and no, i applied to ccw as i preferred that one.. good luck though :smile:
[QUOTE="rdblodeuwedd;30123423"]erm, she got a letter i think, i saw it on her facebook..
and no, i applied to ccw as i preferred that one.. good luck though :smile:[/QUOTE
Are you deffo sure it was for the foundation? Just seems odd that out of everyone I know whose applied and everyone on here that she is the only one who has been offered a place... Is she really amazing at art? In your opinion.
Reply 95
Original post by rdblodeuwedd
erm, she got a letter i think, i saw it on her facebook..
and no, i applied to ccw as i preferred that one.. good luck though :smile:

hey..did you know when she applied? :smile:

good luck with your ccw application!
Reply 96
Has everyone who applied for the foundation course been given a student ID:number via e-mail?

Best

L
Original post by jsoul
Has everyone who applied for the foundation course been given a student ID:number via e-mail?

Best

L

Yup. everyone gets one.
Reply 98
I think there is people who think they are getting in cause they were given an ID number, I did not think so though. What pathway have you all applied for? And does anyone know if it's true that it is about 100 places in each pathway, read that somewhere. I also read that there where about 20 groups last year, wich would make sense, with ca 30 students per group x 20 groups is 600 places alltogether, could it be that many for the whole foundation course?

L
Original post by jsoul
I think there is people who think they are getting in cause they were given an ID number, I did not think so though. What pathway have you all applied for? And does anyone know if it's true that it is about 100 places in each pathway, read that somewhere. I also read that there where about 20 groups last year, wich would make sense, with ca 30 students per group x 20 groups is 600 places alltogether, could it be that many for the whole foundation course?

L

When i went to the open day they said that they accepted 600 and something last year but gonna accept up to 700 this year.

yer i was on the csm FB and this girl thought see got in cause she was given a ID number. I applied for fashion and textiles.
you>
Where else have you applied?

Quick Reply