The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lovin
You go to the accommodation reception with your contract and essential information to get your keys you'll also need ID. Well at least they asked me for some when I went to go get my keys.

The reception or accommodation office located on the grounds will be signposted hopefully. xxxx

Ahhh ok, thank you :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 3861
Original post by rachelll=)
Ahhh ok, thank you :smile:

What accommodation are you in?
Reply 3862
Does anyone know if there's anywhere to park near Henry Price? Just for moving in/unloading your things, rather than a place to keep your car throughout the year.
Original post by FinnC
Does anyone know if there's anywhere to park near Henry Price? Just for moving in/unloading your things, rather than a place to keep your car throughout the year.

I remember there was a small car park from when I looked round HP but I don't know if you could park there, might be pretty full anyway...

That wasn't helpful at all, sorry :p:

Well anyway I am moving in tomorrow and kind of bricking it at this stage, have fun everyone and hopefully see some of you up there :h: I'm off to go and pack!
Original post by Bella Occhi
Well anyway I am moving in tomorrow and kind of bricking it at this stage, have fun everyone and hopefully see some of you up there :h: I'm off to go and pack!

Same, I could hardly sleep last night because I'm so nervous and I'm not going till tomorrow :s-smilie: Sill got to pack a few bits...
Reply 3865
I remember there was a small car park from when I looked round HP but I don't know if you could park there, might be pretty full anyway...

That wasn't helpful at all, sorry :p:

:smile: I can vaguely remember walking across a tarmacked area, so I'm thinking that's it. Ah well, if we can't park there, we'll find somewhere and lug my stuff across :biggrin:

I feel like I'm taking so much xD I know I need more as I'm self catering, but that doesn't seem to justify the number of boxes and bags in the kitchen :s-smilie:
Original post by Mo-Amin
Supposed to be moving into Clarence Dock in less than 12 hours... Still packing. The more I pack the more there is to do, I swear...

Same, i've almost finished now and i don't know how i'm going to get it in the car, and then fit it in to my room. What block are you in at Clarence?
Okay, just packed my decorations, which turn out to be 2 cuddly toys (gifts from boyf), a vase (valentines gift from boyf, did contain roses) with some fake flowers in, and a photo frame... I think this is enough :s-smilie: Still got to pack toiletries and electronics!
Reply 3868
Original post by Muffinz
Okay, just packed my decorations, which turn out to be 2 cuddly toys (gifts from boyf), a vase (valentines gift from boyf, did contain roses) with some fake flowers in, and a photo frame... I think this is enough :s-smilie: Still got to pack toiletries and electronics!

Wouldnt worry about it too much hun. I took lke 7 bags with me. 4 of which were huge and a box to fit a double duvet and two pillows in. And my room looks bare LOL. went to poundland today to get some cheap bits like blue tack, kitchen scourers etc. I'm still on my own in the flat atm. No one's come to move in yet :frown:
If I live on a lyddon annex do I go to the annex, or the main hall first?
Original post by FinnC
:smile: I can vaguely remember walking across a tarmacked area, so I'm thinking that's it. Ah well, if we can't park there, we'll find somewhere and lug my stuff across :biggrin:

I feel like I'm taking so much xD I know I need more as I'm self catering, but that doesn't seem to justify the number of boxes and bags in the kitchen :s-smilie:

I feel the same, my room is full of bags and various bits and bobs, hopefully it will all fit in the car :colondollar: Did you sort your module clashes out in the end, I seem to remember you had a problem with that?

Original post by Muffinz
Same, I could hardly sleep last night because I'm so nervous and I'm not going till tomorrow :s-smilie: Sill got to pack a few bits...

Same :emo: think it will be ok when actually there but it's the nervous anticipation that's killing me!
Same :emo: think it will be ok when actually there but it's the nervous anticipation that's killing me!

Time to pack all my cables and electronics :emo:
Reply 3872
I feel the same, my room is full of bags and various bits and bobs, hopefully it will all fit in the car :colondollar: Did you sort your module clashes out in the end, I seem to remember you had a problem with that?

I just remembered another box that I need to pack-apparently I thought I'd be fine without any of my stuff for physio, which I do daily xD

Yup, finally got it sorted about three days ago, thanks :biggrin: They moved the Japanese module so that it wouldn't clash :smile: So, yeah, sorry to anyone else doing beginners Japanese for that 9am start on Tuesdays for Semester 2 xD. Then another one of my modules clashed, but I had an alternative time available for that one, thankfully :smile: All sorted now :biggrin:
Original post by FinnC
I just remembered another box that I need to pack-apparently I thought I'd be fine without any of my stuff for physio, which I do daily xD

I have a whole box full of diabetes-related medication, and it didn't even all fit in there ._.
Original post by Muffinz
Time to pack all my cables and electronics :emo:

Not looking forward to sorting out the massive tangle of wires I have in my room :indiff:
Not looking forward to sorting out the massive tangle of wires I have in my room :indiff:

Most of mine is attached to my laptop which I'll have to do tonight or tomorrow morning... won't take long :P

I'm so nervous now. This time tomorrow I'll be moved in! :s-smilie:
Reply 3876
Original post by Muffinz
I have a whole box full of diabetes-related medication, and it didn't even all fit in there ._.

Wows. I have a shopping bag of all my repeat prescriptions (filled them yesterday, and was quite alarmed at how much there was xD) but there's enough there to last me 2-3 months for most of it, and the whole year for the rest xD
Original post by FinnC
Wows. I have a shopping bag of all my repeat prescriptions (filled them yesterday, and was quite alarmed at how much there was xD) but there's enough there to last me 2-3 months for most of it, and the whole year for the rest xD

I have 4 boxes of needles... That's enough to last me 3 months x_x
I'm leaving tomorrow for Leodis, I can't find a link for what to do when you arrive, where you should go etc.

Is there a link to what to do when you get there? Presumably you should find the office to get your keys?!
Reply 3879
Original post by strengthandhonour
I'm leaving tomorrow for Leodis, I can't find a link for what to do when you arrive, where you should go etc.

Is there a link to what to do when you get there? Presumably you should find the office to get your keys?!

You go to the site office and show them your accom contract. They will then give you your keys and show you to your room, explaining what each key does.

Latest