The Student Room Group

Sikhs riot over meat and alcohol at Cultural Centre

THESE are the terrifying scenes as Sikh protesters stormed into a community centre and trashed it for selling meat and alcohol.

Hundreds of men attacked the Sikh Cultural Centre after news spread it was breaking the faith's rules.

Three people including a policeman were hurt in the riot, which turned into a five-hour stand-off.

CCTV of the protest, in Dudley, West Midlands, in May, was released yesterday by cops seeking to identify those

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3868847/Sikhs-riot-over-meat-and-bralcohol-at-Cultural-Centre.html

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hope they get the idiots and bring them to justice.
Reply 2
Well they cant call it a Sikh cultural centre and serve meat and alcohol if it is prohibited in the religion. If sikh was replaced by "punjabi" or "indian" then it would have been fine. But what they did was very extreme given the circumstances. These were probably the same people protecting the gurdwaras during the riots as well.
Reply 3
Bloody religious nutcases.
I love how you're getting on your high horses saying "oh the ****ing Sikhs" or "a bacon sandwich will sort them out"... Rioting was a bit extreme, but I can just say "oh all you ****ing white ***** looting all these shops and ruining businesses."

Get a job, oh wait, get an education first.

EDIT: It's also The Sun saying it, which is a right-wing anti-everyone-who's-not-'English' paper.
(edited 12 years ago)
lol.. Bacon? They aint Muslim! Come on mate get the religions correct at least!
Reply 6
Ugh, if you want to live under the strange religious and cultural norms of your homeland . . . then **** off back there.

Edit: Lol @ neggers with no rep power. Hahaha, you're pathetic!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
If it is indeed true (it is the Sun after all), then they've let down the whole Sikh community. :frown:
Original post by iqbal_harry

It's like the people who make turban jokes and think Muslims will get offended :nothing:
Original post by einheri
ugh, if you want to live under the strange religious and cultural norms of your homeland . . . Then **** off back there.

make us....... Go on
Reply 10
:turban: Sikhophobia tbh.
Original post by boobooboob

Original post by boobooboob
Lol, your name is Omar.

Wow, you can read. Nice to know Labour's education system worked out well for you.

I'm half Arab, half British. I'm Muslim. English mum, Egyptian dad. I call myself British.

Although nobody's truly English, are they? The language is a mix of German, French and Latin, et al. 'English' people are descendents from Germans, the French, the Russians, Jews etc.

Go look up your family tree.
Original post by Blackshadow
It's like the people who make turban jokes and think Muslims will get offended :nothing:

Ignorance maybe? Religion is such a touchy subject..
Original post by Einheri

Original post by Einheri
Ugh, if you want to live under the strange religious and cultural norms of your homeland . . . then **** off back there.

Britain in multicultural, get used to it ;-)
I can also see you're not from the UK either.
I think Sikhs should leave and go back home. And take the curry with them.. Trust the poeple of this country will have them back in no time for a curry and Samosa fix!! Sikhs rule!
Original post by dennisraymondsmith
THESE are the terrifying scenes as Sikh protesters stormed into a community centre and trashed it for selling meat and alcohol.

Hundreds of men attacked the Sikh Cultural Centre after news spread it was breaking the faith's rules.

Three people including a policeman were hurt in the riot, which turned into a five-hour stand-off.

CCTV of the protest, in Dudley, West Midlands, in May, was released yesterday by cops seeking to identify those

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3868847/Sikhs-riot-over-meat-and-bralcohol-at-Cultural-Centre.html

its a sikh community centre that selling meat and alcohol? this riot is clearly an over-reaction, it can easily be solved by talking to the bloke selling the items to remove it peacefully but instead they wreak the place? fools!

I think Sikhs should leave and go back home. And take the curry with them.. Trust the poeple of this country will have them back in no time for a curry and Samosa fix!! Sikhs rule!

Is this just Sikhs? I like how you think of just them and nobody else. You want it just "English", then bye-bye to the kebab shops too!!

Or the 'terrorist' Muslims
Reply 17

I am ignorant of the Sikh faith, yes. The article said meat, I chose a meat.

*and my tounge was firmly in my cheek at the time* :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 18
The people who set the centre up are either deliberately trying to stir a reaction / or seriously didn't think things through when deciding upon the name of their establishment.

Sikhism a religion which strictly prohibits alcohol and meat consumption. Then to set up a centre calling it a Sikh Cultural Centre and then serving / selling meat is ludicrous. They were sure to expect some sort of reaction even if it wasn't this extreme.

Original post by Einheri

I could understand this trail of thought if they were up demonstrating and trashing the local Tesco for serving alcohol and meat. They are not. They are up in arms about a centre set up for the religion of Sikhism, set up by Sikhs (although clearly not very good ones) and funded by the Sikh community selling / serving alcohol and meat, something which is strictly prohibited by the Sikh religion - hardly surprising it caused a stir.

Also not forgetting that article is terrible.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Zuzuzu
A force-feeding of bacon sandwiches and stella'll sort em out proper.

So, so wrong on so many levels. Cracked me up though :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending