The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology exams (6BIO4) 25th January 2012 exam discussion

I just thought i would make a thread on this exam as one hasnt been made yet.
How are your revision going, are you ready?

Edit: Feel free too discuss about AS Re-takes!
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump.
I'm also sitting this paper as well as unit 2
Started going over stuff last week in detail so yh...

Thanks for telling me the date of the exam too
Hi! Yeah couldn't believe a thread had been made on this exam...I thought noone did the same as us..
Haven't really got down to the revision yet, but we've started the cw and we've got our practicals next week..
Reply 4
Original post by Hanz_a93
bump.

Have done nothing what so ever so far. I've got unit 2 retake as well in January.

Atm it's the coursework that's driving me insane and restricting me from just revising.. :frown:

How about you?
Started cwk. Not impressed that my Mann Whitney U test doesnt work! I like the stuff about forensics, but ecology looks like it'll make me want to kill myself.
Reply 6
Original post by This Honest
I'm also sitting this paper as well as unit 2
Started going over stuff last week in detail so yh...

Thanks for telling me the date of the exam too

Same! im retaking both unit1 and 2 :frown: havnt started any revision at all...just struggling to go through the unit 4 stuff, i find the electron transport chain fing so confusing :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Original post by charlotte.yellow
Hi! Yeah couldn't believe a thread had been made on this exam...I thought noone did the same as us..
Haven't really got down to the revision yet, but we've started the cw and we've got our practicals next week..

Lol you wont believe how many tsr'ians do this spec :biggrin:
wow you'v started ur cw's early! what topic you doing? btw do you know where i could find a list of the topics on the web? i cant find em anywhere :/
Reply 8
Original post by Bright
Have done nothing what so ever so far. I've got unit 2 retake as well in January.

Atm it's the coursework that's driving me insane and restricting me from just revising.. :frown:

How about you?

Same here! ahh i hate retakes >.< got both AS units to retake aswell, havnt started revision for none of em :frown:
wow you people are starting your cw's pretty early eh, what topic you doing? :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by .snowflake.
Started cwk. Not impressed that my Mann Whitney U test doesnt work! I like the stuff about forensics, but ecology looks like it'll make me want to kill myself.

Ahh yess...the boredom of ecology... damn i dont even see the point in of knowing how to work out the elevation of the earth or whatnot :/
n goodluck with your cw, it sounds pretty interesting :smile:
Lol you wont believe how many tsr'ians do this spec :biggrin:
wow you'v started ur cw's early! what topic you doing? btw do you know where i could find a list of the topics on the web? i cant find em anywhere :/

try looking on the Edexcel website for a list of topics. i'm doing the 'Can different types of images trigger the fight or flight response?' My biology teachers given it a tarted up title that I can't remember.
Ahh yess...the boredom of ecology... damn i dont even see the point in of knowing how to work out the elevation of the earth or whatnot :/
n goodluck with your cw, it sounds pretty interesting :smile:

I've not done that bit yet, we started with the photosynthesis bit, and then went on to doing cwk in this teachers lesson before starting the forensics stuff with the other teacher. Thank GOD that we've got forensics in the spec, otherwise she wouldnt have predicted me an A!

I'm doing the spearman's rank test :smile:
Reply 13
Same here! ahh i hate retakes >.< got both AS units to retake aswell, havnt started revision for none of em :frown:
wow you people are starting your cw's pretty early eh, what topic you doing? :biggrin:

Yeah we started coursework as soon as we got back and finished topic 5 (started that before summer)..

My coursework is on yeast and respiration but made it kind of complicated and now can't bring my self to do the damn thing! :frown:

And I hate myself for now revising for unit 2 exam... I got a high A for unit 1 and totally screwed unit 2.. so going to have to retake! :frown:

Dayum I wish you could just do whatever you want without the hard work (yes I am lazy!) haha :smile:
I'm doing the spearman's rank test :smile:

Lucky. Literally the only part of AS Maths I could do was S1... Spearmans rank wont work with mine. Atleast I'm not having to do chi squared!
Original post by Bright
Yeah we started coursework as soon as we got back and finished topic 5 (started that before summer)..

My coursework is on yeast and respiration but made it kind of complicated and now can't bring my self to do the damn thing! :frown:

And I hate myself for now revising for unit 2 exam... I got a high A for unit 1 and totally screwed unit 2.. so going to have to retake! :frown:

Dayum I wish you could just do whatever you want without the hard work (yes I am lazy!) haha :smile:

This is why I was 1 mark of an A :angry:

Lucky. Literally the only part of AS Maths I could do was S1... Spearmans rank wont work with mine. Atleast I'm not having to do chi squared!

Ahh S1, I thought that shizzle was gone but it's alright lol

Ahh S1, I thought that shizzle was gone but it's alright lol

I did alright on S1, got a C. resat C1 and still came out with a D :colondollar:. Got rediculously close to not even passing C2 (42UMS). Realised dropping maths was probably a very good idea.
Reply 17

Damn it the only part of AS maths I couldn't do! (ok joking I couldn't do a lot of maths ..but this..) :mad: Retaking S1 was well. :'(
Reply 18

I'm assuming you got an A/B in unit 2? GIMMMME :colone:
Original post by Bright
I'm assuming you got an A/B in unit 2? GIMMMME :colone:

1 mark of a grade A in AS
1 mark of a grade A in unit 3 c/w
I got a B in unit 2 which was shocking coz I thought I smashed it until I got my paper back :/but I've swallowed the shock

What about u

Quick Reply