The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Ask a SOAS student anything

What's good people. So hmm yh, I'm feeling nice at the moment so I decided to come back to TSR and help answer questions of those who are interesting in applying to SOAS, or just anything SOAS related brah. Feel privileged. I didn't had such opportunity back in my time(a year ago lololololol).

Bring it on fam
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What percentage of the SOAS body conforms to the hippy stereotype?
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Reply 2
Original post by Ferdowsi
What percentage of the SOAS body conforms to the hippy stereotype?

Surprisingly, not as high as you would think. There are a few hippies ofc, walking around playing bongos and stuff, but you would have to go to the music department and pray to find them.

I've met some hardcore right wingers at SOAS, and I've just only finished my 1st term.
Reply 3
Original post by ussumane
Surprisingly, not as high as you would think. There are a few hippies ofc, walking around playing bongos and stuff, but you would have to go to the music department and pray to find them.

I've met some hardcore right wingers at SOAS, and I've just only finished my 1st term.

Thankyou. That is all :colonhash:
If somebody were to fly the flag of Israel, what would befall him?

...and welcome back :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
'aight fam. HU NEXT
Reply 6
Original post by PendulumBoB

lynching time :mob:
Original post by Ferdowsi
lynching time :mob:

But what about multiculturalism and tolerance?
Reply 8
I'm Assuming their is an awful amount of hot International students?
Reply 9

Nothing. There are loads of Israelis/Half Israelis at SOAS, especially exchange students, and some of them say proudly where they are from, what they are, etc. You might hear a few comments antagonising Israel in debates and tings, but its not like they will attack you or try to occupy your room and sing Kumbaya for you taking pride in your country.
Reply 10
Original post by madrid90
I'm Assuming their is an awful amount of hot International students?

omg bruv, too much man, too much. The amount of peng middle Eastern girls...:coma:
Are you supposed to pronounce the acronym or simply say the letters? If so, how you pronounce SOAS?

Mine is like SOH-ASS.
Reply 12
Original post by Id and Ego seek
Are you supposed to pronounce the acronym or simply say the letters? If so, how you pronounce SOAS?

Mine is like SOH-ASS.

Everyone around here pronounces it like that. I would look at you funny if you said the letters
Reply 13
keep them coming maayn, im a baller of time at the moment
Reply 14
How tall are you
Reply 15

...and welcome back :smile:

:fuhrer:
Reply 16
Original post by vabbian
How tall are you

6'2/3 yo.
Reply 17
Original post by ussumane
6'2/3 yo.

how many girls have you got pregnant bro
Reply 18
Original post by ak137
how many girls have you got pregnant bro

none, dats haraam.

bruv, i got a "ask ussumane anything" thread somewhere hidden on chat, go there if you wanna ask such tings innit, but lets keep this SOAS-only, okeh? safe babes
I hate hippies and I'm indifferent to social/political issues in 3rd world countries.

Will I fit in at SOAS?

Quick Reply

Latest