The Student Room Group

Magaluf - 17 Y.0

Myself and a few friends are considering going away to Magaluf, or somewhere similar (If you have any suggestion for Club Resorts that are suited for 17s let us know!) our only problem is this, we try going through Thomas cook and It won't let us book 4 children, 17, without one adult. We could go without Thomas cook, but I heard it's best to go with these companies to avoid confusion etc also I was unable to find a insurance that would let us go without an 18 Year old either.

I know friends who have done this, well not friends people from my college so I was wondering, How can we go away as a group of 17 Year olds?

If you could let me know Booking the holiday and Insurance, then that would be super.

Thanks
John XO
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
bumpp musn't be to hard :frown:
Reply 2
Make sure it's got that protection thing. ABTA is it? Thomas Cook may go bust...

I have no idea about insurance or anything like that, but do not go without it. Just book it yourself, book your hotel, log onto ryanair and just do it all yourself. You don't need to use a tour operator. Go into travel agents ask them about the packages then just book all the elements of the package yourself. Print all the details, put them in an envelope and take it with you. It's not too difficult.

Hope you have a good trip
Lets hope they sell Panda Pops there.
Reply 4
a comment above says about thomas cook may go bust.. ANY company could go bust so if you book seperate do it yourslef, book flights through ryanair etc they might go bust as well :|

If you book through Thomas cook or another tour operator you are safe as you are ATOL and ABTA protected :smile:

Editing this because iv just seen on another thread, youl need an 18 yo to book with thomas cook, i think though if you go in and ask they can book it if its a parents name on the booking form and they dont need to go with you. i dont know how hotels would take it if you turned up and noone was 18.. if you know what i mean? in the UK they ask for 1 person to be 18 so i wouldnt want to go abroad then be told i cant stay lol Try booking.com and late rooms and go to book and see what happens if it asks for your age or not?

Hope this helps a little.
(edited 12 years ago)
I went maga last year, 8 of us in total who were all 17 with no problems on booking at all apart from when we were coming back they asked one of my friends if he was travelling with an adult and what if they didn't let him through and he actually asked if he could go back aha. I personally wouldn't go back there though because although it was a quality week BCM is the only proper good club there and theres far too many guys (although every place is pretty much the same to some extent) but on the bright side they play house music and party anthems instead of R&B and Grime in the vast majority of places.
Pretty sure when we went away before any of us were 18 we just needed our parents to confirm with thomson they allowed us to go. I'd go somewhere else than magaluf though.
Original post by Johnex

Original post by Johnex
Hey, I understand that this must be a common question, throughout the message board, unfortunately I got bored around the second page, I'm rather impatient!

Myself and a few friends are considering going away to Magaluf, or somewhere similar (If you have any suggestion for Club Resorts that are suited for 17s let us know!) our only problem is this, we try going through Thomas cook and It won't let us book 4 children, 17, without one adult. We could go without Thomas cook, but I heard it's best to go with these companies to avoid confusion etc also I was unable to find a insurance that would let us go without an 18 Year old either.

I know friends who have done this, well not friends people from my college so I was wondering, How can we go away as a group of 17 Year olds?

If you could let me know Booking the holiday and Insurance, then that would be super.

Thanks
John XO

Had this problem last summer, we all needed a signed letter from our parents giving permission, and then it was sorted :smile:
Maybe thomson will let you?
Reply 9
I went lat year. Didn't go through a travel agents. Booked the flights with Jet2 and then booked the hotel seperate. If you want to be able to go to sleep at night go to Sotaveno Appartments. If you want to stay up all night, places like Majorca Rocks will do the trick. I went to Sotavento but i would rather have gone to Majorca Rocks. I was 17 at the time (Still am lol).
Original post by Kennyy

Original post by Kennyy
I went lat year. Didn't go through a travel agents. Booked the flights with Jet2 and then booked the hotel seperate. If you want to be able to go to sleep at night go to Sotaveno Appartments. If you want to stay up all night, places like Majorca Rocks will do the trick. I went to Sotavento but i would rather have gone to Majorca Rocks. I was 17 at the time (Still am lol).

there was a clip circulating my year (because were all going to maga this year) from joys of teen sex of sotaveno, looked like an absolute orgy by the pool, is it actually like that?
Reply 11
Original post by silverspoonmess
there was a clip circulating my year (because were all going to maga this year) from joys of teen sex of sotaveno, looked like an absolute orgy by the pool, is it actually like that?

Haha not really, unfortunately. It was pretty bouncing all day through.
I booked mine on club 18-30 I'm 17 now and booked for me and my mates who's 17 we'll both be 18 when we go though
As somebody who just stayed there for 8 months, don't bother with Mallorca Rocks, double the price for one gig, no tar.

Mallorca Beach
Samos
Martuineqe (Spelt wrong)
THR Torrenova
Sol Trindad
Honolulu

I'd recommend Casa Bonnas though, quiet all day & night, clean apartments, close to the strip, and cheap as chips. Who wants it to be rowdy all day when you're nursing a hangover? Who wants to have to get up at 8AM to get a sun lounger? Who wants to be pay an extra £300 for all inclusive (and eat the same chips everyday because thats the only decent food.) when you can pop to the supermarket and buy food/drinks to last the week for less than £100 .

Quick Reply

Latest