The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

anyone going Roehampton Uni 2012 ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
College have finally got round to sending my application off, let's hope for a nice offer from Roehampton at some point :biggrin:
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Reply 101
Original post by RGuegan

Original post by RGuegan
Hi Neelab,
I really hope you get through! I have mine on Wednesday and am trying to prepare at the moment. Your post is really helpful! The thing im worried about the most is the English test as I haven't written an essay for years! And predictive text always sorts out my spelling/grammer! This may be a stupid question but what is IOE?
Good luck and let me know if you get through!

Hi i hope i have not posted this too late! if i have sorry! if not then im sure ull be fine writing the essay. Although 'essay' seems scary it is ok. They basically just want to see HOW u write, so practice grammar, punctuation and spelling. oh and its and it's for the second part of the english test. the ioe is institute of education. let me know how u get on
Reply 102
Original post by LostArtOfMurder

When were everyone's applications sent ?

Mine was sent on the 22nd of December and I got a email from Roehampton the next day letting me know they received me app. But I still haven't gotten a response of yet :frown:

i heard within a week of sending mine and my friend who changed her choice on gttr on the 20th december recieved an interview date 2 days ago so about 4 weeks later. so u should hear this week if not the next
Hi guys,
I go to Roehampton and am in my third year now doing Primary Ed.
I lived in Aspen on Froebel College in my first year.
First years are prioritised for halls accommodation so pretty much everyone who applies gets it but to be sure to get your first choice you need to apply asap. Once you have chosen Roehampton as your firm choice, you usually get an email about accommodation around April time. You can live in halls in second and third year if you have special circumstances or if you apply to be a flat rep but otherwise, most people live off campus in student houses with friends.
I'm happy to answer any questions people may have so let me know if you have any!
Original post by hannahchan
congrats.. thinking of doing the same course too..

but unsure.

Did you get an interview?

Hi,
I'm a third year at Roehampton doing Primary Ed.
One of my house mates studies English and the other does Film. They both really enjoy the courses. You don't have to have an interview or do a portfolio or anything, it's just the UCAS points.
Let me know if you have any questions about anything.
Reply 105
Original post by hannahchan
congrats.. thinking of doing the same course too..

but unsure.

Did you get an interview?

nope they just gave me an offer of 300 points. my grades are quite a bit over their requirements though, as its my backup choice. i really liked it when i visited though so would be happy to go there!
Original post by neelab
i heard within a week of sending mine and my friend who changed her choice on gttr on the 20th december recieved an interview date 2 days ago so about 4 weeks later. so u should hear this week if not the next

Okay, thanks. Hopefully I'll hear this coming week.
Reply 107

Okay, thanks. Hopefully I'll hear this coming week.

yeh fingers crossed! let me know how u get on
I'm holding an offer from Roehampton for Theology (260 points). I applied November 3rd and the offer came through on November 10th.
I initially applied with it in mind as a potential insurance but I'm now not so sure because Birmingham offered me ABB which can include General Studies - pretty much ideal as it's not in London (cheaper living costs) and is Russell Group.
That said, Roehampton does look beautiful and is higher in the league tables for Theology than Birmingham...
Decisions, decisions!

Is anyone else holding a Theology offer?
Reply 109
I got on the Primary PGCE at Roehampton (MashAllah). Lots of slogging to look forward to! :wink:
Reply 110
Anyone doing International business or Business and Management? I applied for both 2 days ago nervously waiting for an answer :/. Whats the Uni like? How much do you spend a year?
Original post by neelab
yeh fingers crossed! let me know how u get on

Finally got my offer :smile:
Reply 112

Great! Well done!
Reply 113

Is it on the condition you get your 2.2 degree? U know you have 2 arrange 5 days at the start of sept in a mainstream school?
Original post by neelab
Is it on the condition you get your 2.2 degree? U know you have 2 arrange 5 days at the start of sept in a mainstream school?

I'll be an undergrad :P
Original post by RUAmbassador
Hi,
I'm a third year at Roehampton doing Primary Ed.
One of my house mates studies English and the other does Film. They both really enjoy the courses. You don't have to have an interview or do a portfolio or anything, it's just the UCAS points.
Let me know if you have any questions about anything.

oh okay thanks for letting me know.. :smile:... hopefully i'll be able to get in!
Original post by irosebud
nope they just gave me an offer of 300 points. my grades are quite a bit over their requirements though, as its my backup choice. i really liked it when i visited though so would be happy to go there!

Oh I see thanks, pretty much same situation although it's my first choice.. anyway congratz and good luck :biggrin:.. I hope the course is exciting!
Reply 117
Any Modern Languages applicants?! Got an offer for 300 points, can't decide though between Roe and Nottingham Trent!
Reply 118
Got offered unconditional in business management :-)
I applied back in November for Criminology and got my offer a week later ! Think Roehampton will be my first choice, so looking forward to hopefully getting in :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending