The Student Room Group

Barts and The London Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by andioula
thank you very much! do you know if they give us a clear copy of the article as well?

Original post by ViceVersa
They don't :nah: If you like bring your own copy there.

They did for me? It was there on the interview desk infront?
Original post by kingcoltzan
They did for me? It was there on the interview desk infront?

Yeah they had a copy of it in mine, but for themselves and not for me. I didn't bring my own into the room so ended up having to remember what was what and where it was in the article :nn:
(edited 12 years ago)
Hey guys, called 'em up today.
They'll be mid march in giving us replies.
that probably means the 14th onwards.
Original post by joemullally
Hey guys, called 'em up today.
They'll be mid march in giving us replies.
that probably means the 14th onwards.

Wow, and to think that the interview sheet said end of Feb :rolleyes:

Isn't the post-offer open day March 21st? That's hardly a lot of notice is it?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Democracy
And the interview sheet said end of Feb :rolleyes:

Isn't the post-offer open day March 21st? That's hardly a lot of notice is it?

This is what the lady said when I rung admissions today, she said she didn't have an idea of a more exact date.
Is the post offers open day thing manditory, If I get an offer may not be able to get the time off work.
This is what the lady said when I rung admissions today, she said she didn't have an idea of a more exact date.
Is the post offers open day thing manditory, If I get an offer may not be able to get the time off work.

Not mandatory. Just a nice thing to go to to get more info about the med school so we can convince you to study here :lol:

That and it's a good excuse for people to have some bevvies with the current students (after the formal parts are done of course...)
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Not mandatory. Just a nice thing to go to to get more info about the med school so we can convince you to study here :lol:

That and it's a good excuse for people to have some bevvies with the current students (after the formal parts are done of course...)

Reckon you could actually make it out this time?
:P
and like, i dunno, I don't really have any anual leave left tbh, is it on a weekday?

Edit: It's a wednesday?
ok probably couldn't make it even if I get an offer.

Lol, I just realised how that came across...I wasn't dismissing your post, more expressing frustration at how unis never keep to their deadlines but expect applicants to jump through every hoop obediently. Anyway, cheers for taking the trouble to call them :yy:
Original post by Democracy
Lol, I just realised how that came across...I wasn't dismissing your post, more expressing frustration at how unis never keep to their deadlines but expect applicants to jump through every hoop obediently. Anyway, cheers for taking the trouble to call them :yy:

haha aye, they do it thought because they can :smile:
I mean we'll do whatever for them.
Tbf it's because we want the course so bad that we'd pretty much break our backs to do that sort of thing :P
Did you call asking specifically for those applying to A100, or the school leavers, or something? I mean like did you just ask something like "When will applicants hear back?" ?

A week notice from the 14th isn't the best of notices.
Did you call asking specifically for those applying to A100, or the school leavers, or something? I mean like did you just ask something like "When will applicants hear back?" ?

A week notice from the 14th isn't the best of notices.

I stated for the 5 year A100 course. She said mid march, I was like can you be any more specific with dates?
She was like, Interviewing hasn't finished yet so we won't start getting back to people at least mid march.
I stated for the 5 year A100 course. She said mid march, I was like can you be any more specific with dates?
She was like, Interviewing hasn't finished yet so we won't start getting back to people at least mid march.

ah well- I guess in the mean time these barts memes will keep us occupied http://www.facebook.com/pages/Barts-and-the-London-memes/248747318535695?sk=photos
Original post by Prince_of_Arabia
ah well- I guess in the mean time these barts memes will keep us occupied http://www.facebook.com/pages/Barts-and-the-London-memes/248747318535695?sk=photos

LOL I love them :biggrin:

Too many meme pages going around, though.

Anyways, we'll hear back around mid-March?!

It just means more waiting :'(
Sorry to break the bad news guys, someone had to though.

:sigh:
:sigh:

As I said, Sorry :frown:
As I said, Sorry :frown:

Not your fault :frown: just this whole thing sucks :frown:
Thanks for phoning...

I still believe it will be early march we hear back .... i think it was more of a way for the Admissions to finally get people off the back while they finalise offers/rejections.... because i agree with Democracy when he said that the post offer open day is on the 21st....mid march would definitely not give anyone enough notice i think everyone would have heard back by at least the 10th of march so that there is enough notice so that people can come to the post offer open day....so i think offers will start to leak out from 1/2/3 of march onwards.

At least this is what i hope......but again thanks for calling :smile:
Not your fault :frown: just this whole thing sucks :frown:

And I get hated on for saying this :tongue: Waiting sucks doesn't it :frown:
Original post by andyeverest
Thanks for phoning...

I still believe it will be early march we hear back .... i think it was more of a way for the Admissions to finally get people off the back while they finalise offers/rejections.... because i agree with Democracy when he said that the post offer open day is on the 21st....mid march would definitely not give anyone enough notice i think everyone would have heard back by at least the 10th of march so that there is enough notice so that people can come to the post offer open day....so i think offers will start to leak out from 1/2/3 of march onwards.

At least this is what i hope......but again thanks for calling :smile:

That's like, the end of this week.
I doubt it'l be that soon tbh, probably somewhere between the dates we've been given tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending