The Student Room Group

Things people do on facebook that annoy/amuse you

Right, I'm really bored.
So in this thread, state the various trends/things people do on facebook that annoy or amuse you. :tongue:

Personally, I find it annoying that people link their twitter account (on which they post considerably more than facebook) to their fb account so that their friends have to scroll through large numbers of their tweets. :colonhash:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
when they make status's about... their feelings. *shudder*
I like people meowing at me on fb <3

But I dont like those game requests :tongue:
Reply 3
I'm not on fb anymore lol, but when I was, people who were attention seeking and reaaaaallly begged for likes.
Reply 4
Using Twitter # on Facebook annoys me.
People posting pictures of their car/horse/cat/themselves kissing their boyfriend or girlfriend
"I'm so upset!!!!! :frown:"
"What's wrong?"
"I don't wanna talk about it on facebook :'("
For the 100th time:

-girl post picture and says she's ugly
-friend comes along and compliment her
-girl denies the compliment and compliments her friend instead
-the friend feels flattered and reassures the girl that she's beautiful
-both girls end up happy and inbox each other
-guys like me just want to shoot the laptop after that :colonhash:
Reply 6
Tagging themselves in photos from clubs. Makes me lol everytime.
Reply 7
People having almighty catfights online, where big groups of 'friends' divide into two or more factions and proceed to slag each other off.:rolleyes:

Very undignified.
(edited 12 years ago)
I find Facebook annoying. At first it was awesome in like year 10. This crazy world of adding friends and sharing nice pictures and everybody getting along and sharing homework help and all that rubbish.

Now it is a culture of, take a picture of everything and facebook it, look how drunk I seem on these pictures.

Or my pet hate, general statements to attract likes.

"I like getting paid"

No ****, don't we all? You obviously want likes.

Just attention seeking crap. I don't buy into it. People think I'm weird or something, turns out I spend all the time I would have on facebook learning stuff, I've taught myself a lot.

I hate Facebook. Only still activated icnase I need it for uni. What a load of crap.
/rant.
Reply 9
Beg for attention with a status, then not tell people what it's about when asked

E.g. 'FFS! So annoyed!'

comment: what's up babe?
reply: dm

edit: ahh someone beat me to it

Aiming catty statuses at specific people and not saying who it's about is another one. Just message them you pussy.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
when people do the same picture a 100 time
Reply 11
When people put on your wall 'inbox me' :mad: You could have done that instead of the stupid wall post :redface:
Reply 12
Original post by Beanbengo
when they make status's about... their feelings. *shudder*

I know what you mean. Especially love related problems. :afraid:
It's so pathetic of them to vent it out on facebook.
Reply 13
I'm pretty sure everyone has that one girl friend who ALWAYS posts depressing statuses about how she's going to turn her life round for good......
HASHTAGGING ON FACEBOOK - as an elaboration, embellishment of context or explanation of your first clause. Like this:

"so sad :frown: #backtoworktomorrow"
"Anybody got a van we can borrow? #movingtocardiff"

**** OFF. Same applies to the suffix '.com' to what you would usually hashtag ("bored.com")

Edited to add: People uploading pictures of their hideous tattoos and expecting praise. Someone on my Facebook got a tattoo of a DILDO on her hip and posted it to her wall. And one of her friends had gotten one of Kurt Kobain (could see it because she commented on it and it came up in my feed), and proudly proclaimed to all those who asked who it was that it was 'Kirk Kobain'. :facepalm:
(edited 12 years ago)
People who post really personal things on their friends wall. Isn't that what chat, inbox, email, etc are for?

Logging into Facebook and finding the same person wanting to talk. But all they say is "hello. How are you?" and that's it.
Stating the obvious, in an entirely unoriginal way... just why?!

and 'frape' also, unless its particularly good, why share the fact that you're a bad friend with all of facebook?!
Reply 17
I've never had facebook but one thing that does annoy me is when I'm out with friends at a restaurant or something and my friend will be updating her status ' at X restaurant celebrating Z's birthday..so much fun'

Why are you on facebook updating your status then :rolleyes:
Original post by HumiT
I've never had facebook but one thing that does annoy me is when I'm out with friends at a restaurant or something and my friend will be updating her status ' at X restaurant celebrating Z's birthday..so much fun'

Why are you on facebook updating your status then :rolleyes:

I've never understood either. A friend does this when he goes to gigs.
Randomly posting song lyrics.

Quick Reply

Latest