The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds firmers and insurance 2012 thread

Scroll to see replies

Subject: Politics and Parliamentary Studies

Offer: AAB

Why Leeds?: I'm a city girl! The course is INSANE, I fell in love with the campus when I visited. And I just got the gut feeling it was the right place for me :smile:

Accommodation: I'm really fancying the look of the new Central Village! I need close to campus because I'm a lazy bugger and I'm a little princess too so I think ensuite is necessary :P
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Georgiana1605
Subject: Politics and Parliamentary Studies

Why Leeds?: I'm a city girl! The course is INSANE, I fell in love with the campus when I visited. And I just got the gut feeling it was the right place for me :smile:

I have to agree, if I could have my time again I'd have loved to do PPS, I had a few friends that did it and I was super jealous of them going to Washington and Westminster for a year. I don't think I've seen a more exciting course in any subject at any uni.

Leeds is really good for its British politics modules, even if you aren't a politics student they are great to do as electives for learning about modern British history, its great to be able to list all the PMs since the war and be able to talk a bit about their characters and what they did.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
I have to agree, if I could have my time again I'd have loved to do PPS, I had a few friends that did it and I was super jealous of them going to Washington and Westminster for a year. I don't think I've seen a more exciting course in any subject at any uni.

Leeds is really good for its British politics modules, even if you aren't a politics student they are great to do as electives for learning about modern British history, its great to be able to list all the PMs since the war and be able to talk a bit about their characters and what they did.

This was great to hear, really encouraging :biggrin: Definitely! I can't believe more unis don't offer the same thing!

That's good! I LOVE British politics - it's been my favourite part of the A Level course so far. I'm SO excited 8D
Original post by Georgiana1605
This was great to hear, really encouraging :biggrin: Definitely! I can't believe more unis don't offer the same thing!

That's good! I LOVE British politics - it's been my favourite part of the A Level course so far. I'm SO excited 8D

Glad to hear it, a book you might be interested in is Peter Hennessy's "Prime Minister: The Office and its Holders since 1945". This is a superb book, its written for the general reader as well as students, its also the core text for the excellent British Prime Ministers module. I learned loads about British PMs from that book, it has a chapter on each PM and some extra chapters about general stuff.

Have you ever seen the British Prime Ministers rankings stuff, this was some work done at Leeds by Kevin Theakston who I believe is now head of POLIS. It has had some newspaper coverage and been debated on some forums.

This was the original paper with the rankings:

http://www.polis.leeds.ac.uk/assets/files/research/working-papers/wp19theakston.pdf
LEEEEEEDS!! :love:
I hope we all make it there... except for people who put it as insurance. I hope you guys make it into your firm :biggrin:
Anyone studying biology at Leeds ??
Original post by GloriaPenguin
LEEEEEEDS!! :love:
I hope we all make it there... except for people who put it as insurance. I hope you guys make it into your firm :biggrin:

I hope we all get the predicted grades we want,
By the way what are you studying at Leeds? :smile:
Original post by Nora Mardani
I hope we all get the predicted grades we want,
By the way what are you studying at Leeds? :smile:

Maths and Statistics :smile: I see you're doing Biology. What grades do you need?
Maths and Statistics :smile: I see you're doing Biology. What grades do you need?

I need to get AABB :smile: what about you?
Anyone interested in Oxley Residences or Clarence Dock? :biggrin:
Anyone interested in Oxley Residences or Clarence Dock? :biggrin:

I need AAB AND I put Clarence Dock as my top choice :smile: (I already applied for accommodation)
I need AAB AND I put Clarence Dock as my top choice :smile: (I already applied for accommodation)

That's great! Clarence Dock seems like a good accommodation, I still haven't applied for any of the accommodations. But hopefully going to make my mind up. :smile:
I'm very fond of sports, and swimming is one of my best sports! just wanted to know who else is interested in sports clubs at Leeds? :smile:
Reply 53
Subject: Law

Accommodation: Henry Price.
Reply 54
still stuck with accommodation dont know whether to put Clarence dock or Lupton it's really starting to annoy me that I end up changing at the end of every day!
Original post by 0range
still stuck with accommodation dont know whether to put Clarence dock or Lupton it's really starting to annoy me that I end up changing at the end of every day!

Clarence dock seems very good but I don't blame you, I am confused too as to what accommodation is best for me. :wink:
Original post by 0range

How much do you want en suite? Thats the main thing CD has going for it over Lupton, although I like both halls (I lived in Lupton).

If you aren't that bothered about en suite, and don't want to pay the extra money CD costs, then Lupton is better on most other counts, particularly location (its the best location of all the halls IMO), you're right in the middle of the best part of Headingley.
I'm very fond of sports, and swimming is one of my best sports! just wanted to know who else is interested in sports clubs at Leeds? :smile:

:smile: Me too! I cant wait to hopefully joing the sports clubs! I love tennis, athletics, swimming and scuba diving! The Edge looks FAB! :biggrin: Im firming Leeds for Zoology!! :biggrin: Have you seen the Edge?
Firmed for biology (c100) :smile:
Can't wait!!! Now, I have to choose my accommodation.
Reply 59
am i eligible for access to leeds if i have older brothers and sisters that have been to uni but my parents havent?

Quick Reply

Latest