The Student Room Group

MPhil in Management Cambridge 2012-2013

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone here know more about the characteristics of the course? I'm talking about things like number of weekly contact hours per module, the way modules are assessed... The JBS website is tremendously vague about all of that.. unless I'm missing something.
Reply 101
So, is there anyone else still waiting at the department stage now, or is it time for me to lose all hope? I received an email (finally) a couple of days ago which basically stated that this is the final holding group, which I take to mean the last ones to pick from before the blanket rejectione come out. Just out of interest, has anyone's application been unsuccessful yet?

Good luck guys and congratulations to all those who got their offers through!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 102
Original post by Hanshen
So, is there anyone else still waiting at the department stage now, or is it time for me to lose all hope? I received an email (finally) a couple of days ago which basically stated that this is the final holding group, which I take to mean the last ones to pick from before the blanket rejectione come out. Just out of interest, has anyone's application been unsuccessful yet?

Really? You got an email? I've gotten nothing so far and am still at 'under consideration by dept'. I applied very late tho, Jan 30 orso.
Reply 103
Original post by Hanshen

Best of luck, hopefully you'll make it in!
Reply 104
Original post by Akkuz
Best of luck, hopefully you'll make it in!

Seriously appreciated mate.
Reply 105
Original post by Hanshen

There's a rejection on GradCafe from Feb.
Hope you make it in - so that it makes all this pain worthwhile!!!!
amazing. simply amazing.
Reply 107
Original post by boysdontcryy
amazing. simply amazing.

You hear anything?
No. That's what's amazing.
Reply 109
I laughed. If it's any consolation neither have I. Only 7 or so months now, perhaps 8 actually!
Reply 110
Same here, no news yet. Still at consideration by department.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is the real hurdle right? I mean, it's basically BOGS after this isn't it (a stage 99% should pass without problems)?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 111
Original post by Temporary
Same here, no news yet. Still at consideration by department.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is the real hurdle right? I mean, it's basically BOGS after this isn't it (a stage 99% should pass without problems)?

Yeah, I think that's the general consensus. Being left this late however, does make college applications a little difficult.
Reply 112
BOGs is essentially a gurantee for admission, provided that there is no inconsistency in the information you gave to Cambridge. It took me 5-6 weeks to pass the BOGS stage.
Reply 113
Original post by Lalafell
BOGs is essentially a gurantee for admission, provided that there is no inconsistency in the information you gave to Cambridge. It took me 5-6 weeks to pass the BOGS stage.

You got an offer from JBS for the MPhil Management program? If so, can you give some details as to when you applied and when you heard something?
Finally got my official offer today :smile:

I applied a couple of weeks before the deadline (so early February) and went into BOGS stage about 5 weeks ago.
Reply 115
Original post by mt heart attack
Finally got my official offer today :smile:

I applied a couple of weeks before the deadline (so early February) and went into BOGS stage about 5 weeks ago.

Congrats! That's great news :smile:.

That lowers my chances I'm afraid. Applied around the same date and still at 'consideration by department'.
Reply 116
Original post by Temporary
Congrats! That's great news :smile:.

That lowers my chances I'm afraid. Applied around the same date and still at 'consideration by department'.

I applied in September/October, still heard nothing. I wouldn't worry about it.
Original post by Hanshen
I applied in September/October, still heard nothing. I wouldn't worry about it.

Yea I don't think the date when one applied means that much..

Best of luck to both of you anyway, don't give up hope.
Reply 118
Original post by mt heart attack
Yea I don't think the date when one applied means that much..

Best of luck to both of you anyway, don't give up hope.

Thanks! :smile: I will post the outcome the moment I hear something. Good or bad...
Reply 119
They way it normally works is that strong candidates will be given offer first... the rest will be on wait-list...

Quick Reply