The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
what do you think the chances of a devolution question coming up as it was up in 2007, 09 and 2010?
Reply 161
Re: Predictions for this years Higher Modern Studies?
For the president one, just go on to speak about how he is checked-

His powers that I have are-
Commander and Chief(war and treaties)
Power of appointment (appoints supreme court judges+ambassadors)
Legaslistive
- laws
-excetive orders
- vetos.
Impeachment
Midterm election - eg democrat lost in 2010 making it hard for Obama to pass laws.

If you need anymore details, I will be happy to help

Thank you soo much for that I was thinking the same but wasnt sure, could you also tell me what you would write for "limitations by the congress and supreme court". Thank you again
Reply 162
Original post by Derri-95
I really don't think so. Immigration has come up recently~2010.

My best be is:

The importance of the minority vote.
OR
The powers of the president USA Checks and Balances.

if checks and balance question came up, could i still talk about how president has more power e.g.) Initiate legistaltion and introduce a veto in a bill and how supreme court and Congress has more power e.g) overturn a veto etc?
Reply 163
Original post by Scottish123
For DME is the most likely topic to be alcohol minimum price, school meals or fat tax? Also is there any chance that scrapping child benefits could come up or would that be next year as that would be under wealth and not health

The D.M.E could be on anything. Just learn your social and economic inequalities that exist in uk and factors that impact health.
Reply 164
what do you think the health question is likely to be ?
Original post by Leannarama
Local Government OR Devolved/Reserved Powers question

Electoral Systems - most likely AMS V FPTP. Voting behaviour is a maybe but then a pattern would have developed and they don't want that.

Welfare State and/or Gender/Race Inequalities

Powers of the President OR influence of ethnic minority vote

We're the only school that do Global Security and for that I'm banking on a NATO question.

Am stressing out ma tree :P but good luck everyone i'm sure we'll all get at least B's :tongue:

Not the only school that's doing global security we done it too! Hope its an international response one, like to include usa, nato and un :smile:
Reply 166
What will the China essay ( C8) be???
Any guesses??
# well stressed O.o
Original post by Scottish123
For DME is the most likely topic to be alcohol minimum price, school meals or fat tax? Also is there any chance that scrapping child benefits could come up or would that be next year as that would be under wealth and not health

these papers are made up 2 years in advance, i highly doubt that alcohol minimum pricing will be in it, as that is still a proposal?
Original post by Laurendick.17
these papers are made up 2 years in advance, i highly doubt that alcohol minimum pricing will be in it, as that is still a proposal?

really? 2 years?
Original post by yelhsa007
Having a look, don't you think theres a possibility it could be PR vs FPTP?

Yeah, I'm sure I said that on another thread. Maybe something to do with FPTP being the best for representation etc. and then you could go on and talk about AMS and/or STV too
Original post by Laurendick.17

Minimum pricing has been in the news for years though.
Last year was National Minimum Wage and that wasn't a highly discussed topic 2 years previous to the exam.

And they can change the DME if something huge was to happen in relation to their topic.
Reply 171
Original post by scottish19
Yeah, I'm sure I said that on another thread. Maybe something to do with FPTP being the best for representation etc. and then you could go on and talk about AMS and/or STV too

yea, thats cool then. what do you think about devolution coming up? i was thinking local councils but people seem to be thinking devolution
Reply 172
yea, thats cool then. what do you think about devolution coming up? i was thinking local councils but people seem to be thinking devolution

They have not done local councils since 2008, this would be the fourth year that they have not done local councils therefore I think it must be a local council question.
Reply 173
The last STV question came up in 2010 (which isn't that long ago) so I would be pretty surprised if that came up again so soon. AMS and FPTP seem a lot more likely.

Could it not be a question on the 'Party List' system?
Reply 174
Original post by Derri-95
They have not done local councils since 2008, this would be the fourth year that they have not done local councils therefore I think it must be a local council question.

thats cool then, do you think it could be like local councils and holyrood co-op and conflict?
Original post by Esmeee
Could it not be a question on the 'Party List' system?

I would highly doubt a question on Party List and if it did I think most people would probably freak out as they expected FPTP/AMS/STV to come up. Also, Party List is used in the AMS electoral system (first vote using FPTP, second vote using Party List).
Reply 176

Could it not be a question on the 'Party List' system? :smile:

I only do question A4 for politics, sorry.
Reply 178
Original post by Esmeee
What will the China essay ( C8) be???
Any guesses??
# well stressed O.o

Think it will be a human rights question or political opposition to the CCP ... Also may throw in a market economy question .
Original post by Dave! Yognaut
Anyone think Causes of Wealth inequalities may come up?

bump (for Wealth and Health Inequalities in the UK)
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending