The Student Room Group

F581 OCR Economics May 18th

Hi everyone started this thread cause i couldn't find one
Any idea on what will come up?
Hows revision for it going?
I reckon it's about time information provision comes up for the essay.
Out off all the past papers on the OCR website there wasn't a single question on it and also appears as if it didn't appear in Jan so that is DEFINITELY due even if it isn't the essay I'm certain it could come up as a 8 marker.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,

Exams only two days away aaaaaaaahhhhhh! :/
I've been highlighting all the topics i'm not good at and doing past papers aswell.

I recommend looking at the mark schemes as they provide accurate definitions

i'm not quite sure what you mean by information provision... is it information failure??
Reply 2
yh its same thing
Reply 3
Original post by Arsenal007
yh its same thing

Cheers :smile:

I have a feeling negative externalities and producer surplus might be in it... just a guess
Reply 4
Well, I was talking to my teacher and she pointed out that Elasticites (The rise in tuition fee's for example) and Business relevance hasn't come up as an Essay for a long time, she also said it could be on Negative Externalities such as Pollution.

I've been answering chapter review questions my teacher made, they're really good at gathering all the information and you can find out the specific topics you need to practice, if you wan't please ask :smile:
So struggling with Micro! :/ help me!
Reply 6
Original post by whufcftw
Cheers :smile:

I have a feeling negative externalities and producer surplus might be in it... just a guess

Information failure and information provision aren't the same thing Information failure is a lack of information or inaccurate information whereas information provision is giving information so there isn't information failure e.g. though health warnings.
Information provision can be used to help encourage the use of merit goods, by highlighting the social benefits and also be used to discourage consumption of demerit good by showing the social costs.
Reply 7
Original post by rose.wakefield

What do you need help with in particular?
Reply 8
Original post by eawilliams
Well, I was talking to my teacher and she pointed out that Elasticites (The rise in tuition fee's for example) and Business relevance hasn't come up as an Essay for a long time, she also said it could be on Negative Externalities such as Pollution.

I've been answering chapter review questions my teacher made, they're really good at gathering all the information and you can find out the specific topics you need to practice, if you wan't please ask :smile:

I don't think a essay on elasticitys is likely as you can't so much comment on them the essay is always from elasticity's market failure part of the spec
Reply 9
Original post by eawilliams

Can send them to me please :smile: thank you

Original post by Clare1994
Information failure and information provision aren't the same thing Information failure is a lack of information or inaccurate information whereas information provision is giving information so there isn't information failure e.g. though health warnings.
Information provision can be used to help encourage the use of merit goods, by highlighting the social benefits and also be used to discourage consumption of demerit good by showing the social costs.

thanks for clearing that up... would of been horrificly wrong if i wrote that in the exam :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by rose.wakefield

what topics do you need help with???
Reply 11

thanks for clearing that up... would of been horrificly wrong if i wrote that in the exam :smile:

Welcome and i guess it would of been :L so feeling ready for the exam?
Graphs and things, i never seem to understand drawing a producer surplus graph or negative externalities graph! :/ like msb<msc ? is that even right? and how to evaluate..because apparently you need that for higher marks? xx
Reply 13
Hi guys, if you haven't seen so already, i posted the January 2012 OCR Economics unit 1 (F581) paper on this thread and the mark scheme.
So here's the link to my thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1987860
and good luck :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
AHHHHHHHHHHHH SO SCARED! All my exams have gone horribly wrong so far ... what's a good way to revise for the essay Q? does everyone think it'll be negative externalities?
Original post by Notsureabout123
AHHHHHHHHHHHH SO SCARED! All my exams have gone horribly wrong so far ... what's a good way to revise for the essay Q? does everyone think it'll be negative externalities?

Omg im soooo worried about this exam! Share your scared-ness.. :/
Reply 16
Original post by Clare1994
Welcome and i guess it would of been :L so feeling ready for the exam?

kind of, just need a little more exam practise... seems to be the main problem for me.
yay ! All the guys in my class seem to get it...then there's me. Is it just me or were GCSE's so much better, even though I've revised loads I feel so unprepared :/
Reply 18
Hey,
When you're doing a PPC question and it asks you to draw the diagram, do you always draw the curve or do you draw a straight line depending on the situation? I know that a straight line PPC represents a constant opp cost but in every exam question about ppc it has never mentioned this...
Reply 19
kind of, just need a little more exam practise... seems to be the main problem for me.

I'm sure you'll get it :smile: My main problem seems to be 8 marker comment questions but I'm pretty surprised cause i'm resitting and basically haven't done any proper work on it till the weekend i seem fine with it all :L the last time i sat it was Jan last yr haha will be over the moon if i get an A will bring me closer to getting a B overall which i need to get into uni :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest