The Student Room Group

What not to do on results day

Embrass yourself on National TV. btw while watching this video, try playing the realisation game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSRy6p-mLgE&feature=related

Pure comedy gold.

(edit: fixed the link)
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

An error occurred during validation.
Reply 2
Original post by chelseafan
Embrass yourself on National TV. btw while watching this video, try playing the realisation game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSRy6...eature=related

Pure comedy gold.

Link's dodge.
Reply 3
Original post by CraigKirk
Link's dodge.

Links fixed now.
Reply 4
Original post by whattheheck
An error occurred during validation.

Fixed now. Enjoy :smile:
Reply 5
Painfully awkward

The reporter couldn't have asked a worse question either..
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by nickss
Painfully awkward

indeed.
Reply 7
this makes me feel physically sick :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by ser00
this makes me feel physically sick :frown:

Look at it from a humorous perspective. Its actually quite funny.
If that was me I wouldn't have said anything :laugh:.
Poor girl :frown:

Nomally I would find this funny but with all of our results looming in August, things like this don't seem so amusing anymore. Even when you convince yourself that YOLO and you don't care what you get, you know you've got problems when you have nightmares about huge letter Ds attacking you.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by DeadGirlsDance
If that was me I wouldn't have said anything :laugh:.

I would have just waited til he left.
Reply 12
I'm not even an Alevel student but I remember that day so vividly and horribly that I don't even find that funny
Reply 13
Original post by planetearth
Poor girl :frown:

Nomally I would find this funny but with all of our results looming in August, things like this don't seem that so amusing anymore. Even when you convince yourself that YOLO and you don't care what you get, you know you've got problems when you have nightmares about huge letter Ds attacking you.

I got excellent gardes at GCSE and i felt sad for people who didnt do as well as they shouldve, not mess arounds who deserved it for being pricks but ppl who put the effort in but it just didnt happen, it was horrible to see.

I guess i will be seeing summat similar for A Level results, i did BTEC (equivalent to two A Levels) and have already got Distinction*/Distinction* although this will have to receive the final approval from moderators (but the BTEC grades have never been marked down at my college) and I have already got 3 A's in the three previos units in my accounting A level and just sat my last exam yesterday which I only need a C in to get A in accounting, so I suppose i wont be having all the summer nerves i did for my GCSE's.

So although i wont be having an anxious summer, i know 90% of of you will and its a horrible feeling, so good luck for August!

Mind you I wouldnt have admitted it on camera but i cna see why people might laugh but its not funny at all, it really isn't
(edited 11 years ago)
That video always gets posted on this site just after exams or just before results day :lol:
Oldie but a goldie! :smile:
Reply 16
Seems like some people are a bit too stressed about exam results. Chill out people.
Reply 17
Original post by jaadau121
I got excellent gardes at GCSE and i felt sad for people who didnt do as well as they shouldve, not mess arounds who deserved it for being pricks but ppl who put the effort in but it just didnt happen, it was horrible to see.

I guess i will be seeing summat similar for A Level results, i did BTEC (equivalent to two A Levels) and have already got Distinction*/Distinction* although this will have to receive the final approval from moderators (but the BTEC grades have never been marked down at my college) and I have already got 3 A's in the three previos units in my accounting A level and just sat my last exam yesterday which I only need a C in to get A in accounting, so I suppose i wont be having all the summer nerves i did for my GCSE's.

So although i wont be having an anxious summer, i know 90% of of you will and its a horrible feeling, so good luck for August!

Mind you I wouldnt have admitted it on camera but i cna see why people might laugh but its not funny at all, it really isn't

BTECs are pretty much useless for uni so A* in a worthless BTEC and an A in a 'soft subject' arent great....
Reply 18
That was me last year - whole family gathered round waiting for my results (got them on holiday) - I got an A in maths! OMG! ...

misread 57 as 97... Fail. Hello C2 retake!!
Reply 19
Thought this thread was someone asking for tips on things to get you through results day....here's my tips anyway:

1. If you're results are bad, don't kill yourself.
2. If you're results are beyond excellent, don't have too much of a wild one and die of binge drinking by next morning.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending