The Student Room Group

What not to do on results day

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
normally i'd find this hilarious but considering thatll probably be me in just over a month .. :rolleyes:
Original post by chelseafan
BTECs are pretty much useless for uni so A* in a worthless BTEC and an A in a 'soft subject' arent great....

that's not true, lots of universities take btecs, it all depends on how each uni views them :P they aren't softer subjects :P and if they take btecs which loads do, then it doesn't matter if it's not viewed as an a level (which it is) because it still counts as an A*A* or as 280 ucas points (: good on her for getting her marks, btec isn't as easy as people assume :')

i never understood the concept of softer subjects, people think psychology is soft, but it's actually incredibly difficult to learn the huge amounts of information they give you, let alone remember it all!
Original post by littleone271
Not necessarily. Also A-levels require learning a lot of unnecessary crap that you're incredibly unlikely to ever use. BTECs are much better for giving you direction because you actually learn about the industry and do a lot of practical work. You learn a lot more about yourself and your skills etc. through doing a BTEC because you're forced to be independant. It's not all about university prospects. The nature of the BTEC that I did combined with hopefully a degree in psychology and criminal behaviour will make me far more employable in the police than someone with the same degree who did A-levels before it.

Original post by jaadau121
Behave yourself, BTEC get so much negative comments from ignorant people so I won't hold it against you but they aren't useless, I know people who have got straight A's at college but did badly at uni becuase they couldn't cope with constant deadlines and coursework and were crap at presentations and team or group work, BTEC allows you and forces you to do this or ou fail the course and accounting isn't a soft subject and even if it was the grading is not fixed but is relative so if its easy for everyone the boundaries go up, but to get an A in accounting you usually need around 68 or 69/80 for the AS exams and arounf 78or 79/90 for the A2" exams.

Just to add I have a conditional offer from University fo Manchester so how exactly is BTEC useless lol

THANK YOU!

I have just finished a btec in performing arts (D*D*!!!!!) and it wasn't easy, i've learnt so many skills from that that are widely applicable to work scenarios, way more than i would have learnt doing a level drama, you have to work as a team, you have to learn how to function with anyone, no matter how much you don't like them, especially with drama, deadlines are deadlines, if you don't get it done, you've got a real audience watching you **** up on stage! :O Trust me, even if i do it the night before, if i have a deadline, i get it done! xD Though i hate leaving it to the night before because it always goes badly (another life lesson from btec!)
I Need an advice from you guys ,im not planningon seeing my results before track ,because im 100% sure i've missed my offer with one grade so im just praying to god they will let me in :frown:
But alot of people say ucas track doesnt work on the day and im getting very worried about this issue !
what do you guys suggest?
Reply 44
Original post by planetearth
Poor girl :frown:

Nomally I would find this funny but with all of our results looming in August, things like this don't seem so amusing anymore. Even when you convince yourself that YOLO and you don't care what you get, you know you've got problems when you have nightmares about huge letter Ds attacking you.

Don't think I'd mind being attacked by a couple of huge D's:colone:
Ah could be much worse, it could've been a good uni.

Neg away
Reply 46
Ah, this worrys me. That could VERY easily be me come August 16th.
Don't you have a UCAS application to fill in?

I dont really understand your point here...yes, yes i do
I would have just waited til he left.

And then secretly cry at home :colondollar:.
what i've realised after much arguing with the btec lot is that, it depends on what course you want to apply, if its medicine or something hard do alevels
if its nursing or media or IT do btec
engineering do alevels
journalism welcomes btecs and etc
Original post by ConnorB
Declare war to Edexcel?

You mean OCR.
Reply 51
Meh, will make me feel a bit better about myself if I do crap atleast (hopefully not).
Original post by HayleyQuinn
THANK YOU!

I have just finished a btec in performing arts (D*D*!!!!!) and it wasn't easy, i've learnt so many skills from that that are widely applicable to work scenarios, way more than i would have learnt doing a level drama, you have to work as a team, you have to learn how to function with anyone, no matter how much you don't like them, especially with drama, deadlines are deadlines, if you don't get it done, you've got a real audience watching you **** up on stage! :O Trust me, even if i do it the night before, if i have a deadline, i get it done! xD Though i hate leaving it to the night before because it always goes badly (another life lesson from btec!)

but thats exactly the same as a level drama, you have to perform in that and work in a team and meet deadlines/ very hard exams too, well done on your grade though!
Original post by Whatever9999
I Need an advice from you guys ,im not planningon seeing my results before track ,because im 100% sure i've missed my offer with one grade so im just praying to god they will let me in :frown:
But alot of people say ucas track doesnt work on the day and im getting very worried about this issue !

Basically, track does work on results day but the server often crashes (since so many people check it before 10am I'd say)

Just keep refreshing and you should eventually get on
Reply 54
I remember watching this on TV when it happened.
I now intend to open my results in the girls toilets away from any one.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 55
Original post by Whatever9999

Be patient and if your up try and get on early, around half 6 or 7, I think i got on at half 6 last year even though it says you can only access it as of 8. Keep trying and you will eventually get on, however, it will crash A LOT, so you may have to wait a bit.
Reply 56
... turn your phone on on the morning of results day.

It is not good when a friend calls you with the news that they've made their firm and you're still ******** yourself as you're yet to see either track or your results.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by accountant-future
Basically, track does work on results day but the server often crashes (since so many people check it before 10am I'd say)

Just keep refreshing and you should eventually get on

I have it on my iphone ,so i'm just hoping it will be easier to access from an I phone !
Original post by Gubey
Be patient and if your up try and get on early, around half 6 or 7, I think i got on at half 6 last year even though it says you can only access it as of 8. Keep trying and you will eventually get on, however, it will crash A LOT, so you may have to wait a bit.

I am going to use my Iphone for track !assuming it will be easier to access ,hopefully i get to see mine pretty early !godd talking about this is making me panic ,oh dear !
45 days.

I'm starting to panic even more.

Quick Reply

Latest