Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by studentgirl875
5 forces:confused::confused:

Ahh same! Did most people do so ?
Reply 121
5 forces:confused::confused:

What exactly did you talk about, if u don't mind me asking?
Reply 122
Original post by ruby_v
what did everyone else talk about?

porters strategic tools but the teacher hadnt taught us it id just noticed it on the syllbus like the day before so the rest of my class all did 5 forces. and mine was crap anyway! so annoyed it was unclear, needed an A* :frown:
Original post by mclovin1
porters strategic tools but the teacher hadnt taught us it id just noticed it on the syllbus like the day before so the rest of my class all did 5 forces. and mine was crap anyway! so annoyed it was unclear, needed an A* :frown:

our teacher showed us an email he got from edexcel a while back as he questioned what had to be taught about porters and the email said something along the lines of "students will be tested on porters 5 forces, they need to understand the 5 factors which contribute to a competitive environment¨

this all seems really unfair, most people i have spoken to answered about porters 5 forces as this is what they were taught and from the sounds of it this is what teachers were told to teach!

my teacher was pretty good too, i felt he taught us well and he knew what to teach us, a few of us got A`s last year in AS.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 124
our teacher showed us an email he got from edexcel a while back as he questioned what had to be taught about porters and the email said something along the lines of "students will be tested on porters 5 forces, they need to understand the 5 factors which contribute to a competitive environment¨

this all seems really unfair, most people i have spoken to answered about porters 5 forces as this is what they were taught and from the sounds of it this is what teachers were told to teach!

my teacher was pretty good too, i felt he taught us well and he knew what to teach us, a few of us got A`s last year in AS.

Is there any way we can find about what they were talking about? So is porters 5 forces right?
Reply 125
Original post by ruby_v
Is there any way we can find about what they were talking about? So is porters 5 forces right?

No. It was porters strategic matrix ( cost leadership , differentiation , cost & differention focus) . This is the tool that helps businesses gain a competitive advantage.
Original post by Marvinm
No. It was porters strategic matrix ( cost leadership , differentiation , cost & differention focus) . This is the tool that helps businesses gain a competitive advantage.

The question required us to use porter's strategic matrix which is the 5 factors..Porter's generic matrix is the one which uses differentiation etc.
Reply 127
Original post by CutieAngel
The question required us to use porter's strategic matrix which is the 5 factors..Porter's generic matrix is the one which uses differentiation etc.

Nope , it said porters strategic matrix in the exam , which is the porters generic matrix.
Reply 128
Original post by CutieAngel

Google porters strategy matrix and look at the pictures.
Reply 129
Original post by Marvinm
Nope , it said porters strategic matrix in the exam , which is the porters generic matrix.

Great i failed the exam.....
Reply 130
whenever i google strategic mix it comes up with cost focus differentiation etc, imo if they wanted us to talk about 5 forces wouldn't they have just said 5 forces. I hated that exam anyway 10 and 20 could've been much better
Reply 131
Original post by Jadece
whenever i google strategic mix it comes up with cost focus differentiation etc, imo if they wanted us to talk about 5 forces wouldn't they have just said 5 forces. I hated that exam anyway 10 and 20 could've been much better

I hated that 10 mark question. Why did you talk about?
Reply 132
Original post by Marvinm
I hated that 10 mark question. Why did you talk about?

Cant remember too much, the points i made for why their history affects culture were terrible couldnt think of any. All i remember is my evaluation which I said they were moving towards a role culture so their history wouldnt matter but :s-smilie: i had no idea
Reply 133
Hey guys how did your exam go??? :smile: i gave this exam in Jan so just curious...was the June paper harder??? How did Superdry treat you this time?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending