The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cybell Kiess
Hii!! I have a conditional offer from Queen Mary. Anyone currently studying there ? What are your opinions about the uni??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I go there! Feel free to ask my any questions.

I LOVE it. I'm currently just finishing my year abroad in America, but Queen Mary is one of the most welcoming university campuses I've ever been on! The professors are great, the campus is friendly, and it has a great London vibe. The coffee shops on campus are kinda crap though, but Starbucks just opened nearby!

Original post by kristinaskybova
Is anybody planning on living in private accommodation for their first year? I have put down a deposit and I'm not sure whether I have made the right decision!

I lived in private in my first year and had no issue making friends. There's loads of people who don't live on campus first year. Find QM Commuters society on Facebook, it allows you to make friends before term starts who also don't live on campus!
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 881
does anyone know what accommodation they're in?
Original post by ECL96
does anyone know what accommodation they're in?

Yep, Maynard House! I got my accomodation confirmed around three weeks ago (although I confirmed my place last year haha). Do you know yet?
anyone applied for Economic :biggrin: Reply to this on Thursday and we should hang out celebrating lol
I got Maynard house too!!
Original post by Lucymaij97
I got Maynard house too!!

Cool! Do you know which flat? Some people I know who are at qmul are saying that Maynard House is awful but tbh, I'm just happy to get accomodation.
Original post by loperdoper
Cool! Do you know which flat? Some people I know who are at qmul are saying that Maynard House is awful but tbh, I'm just happy to get accomodation.

Yeah, I'm in 16D. Oh no really? I knew it would be basic but not that bad😂 yeah same here, I thought I wouldn't get in because I could commute
Questions about ‪#‎Clearing‬ and ‪#‎Adjustment‬ at QMUL? Chat to our staff online today from 3-6pm: http://ow.ly/Rbvb3038UyD
‪#‎futureQMUL‬

Cp-P0F6WAAAJClESm.jpg
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lucymaij97
Yeah, I'm in 16D. Oh no really? I knew it would be basic but not that bad😂 yeah same here, I thought I wouldn't get in because I could commute

I think I'm in 17B (or 17 something)? I'm not sure how the numbering system works so we could be neighbours?

Apparently it has a lot of issues w tiny kitchens and old appliances, but considering 90% of my cooking is on a frying pan as long as the hob works I don't really care haha. I can technically commute in (although it'd be around 90 mins each way), but luckily QMUL didn't think so...
Anyone know any good accommodation near queen mary for first years? I live in outer london and dont want to commute to uni, and dont qualify for uni accommodation :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 890
My firm choice is in clearing but I was offered foundation year??
I'm going to Queen Mary's as my insurance, does anybody know what the accommodation process is?
Original post by Divine Turnip
Anyone know any good accommodation near queen mary for first years? I live in outer london and dont want to commute to uni, and dont qualify for uni accommodation :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you want the student experience then check out Scape or UNITE as these are both really nearby. I'd also recommend seeing if you can get together with anyone to find your own housing, there's a lot of options close to the uni. Hope that helps! -Sarah
Original post by Catherinelizard
I'm going to Queen Mary's as my insurance, does anybody know what the accommodation process is?

You can find out more here: http://www.qmul.ac.uk/clearing/next-steps-for-offer-holders/index.html
Or all the contact details are here: http://www.residences.qmul.ac.uk/college/contact/

Hope this helps! -Sarah
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Reda2
My firm choice is in clearing but I was offered foundation year??

I'd recommend phoning or emailing the department to ask. -Sarah
Reply 895
Original post by Queen Mary University of London
I'd recommend phoning or emailing the department to ask. -Sarah

Which number to I call to discuss my application for the course "Software Engineering"?
Original post by Reda2
Which number to I call to discuss my application for the course "Software Engineering"?

Call our hotline: 08003761800
Hope this helps - Sarah
Reply 897
Original post by Queen Mary University of London
Call our hotline: 08003761800
Hope this helps - Sarah

I have been on hold for over 30 min now.
Original post by Reda2
I have been on hold for over 30 min now.

Unfortunately the lines are really busy at the moment, just hold on and they'll get to you as soon as possible!
Can you tell me what your question is about? Adjustment, clearing, general question? -Sarah
Reply 899
Anyone in Pooley House or studying Engineering?😁

Latest

Trending

Trending