The Student Room Group

Higher Geography CfE 2015/2016

Scroll to see replies

Everything I bossed apart from the first stupid question part 2
Original post by Mystery.
It stands for Climate Relief Organisms Parent material Vegetation

So for each soil remember these five points and just expand on them -

Brown Earth -
Climate- warm, summer,,dry (rapid decomposition)
Relief- G ently sloping so doesn't get waterlogged
Organisms- yes because they can survive
Parent Material - broken up by roots
Vegetation -deciduous tree stand othe long roots

Podzol-
Climate-cold with Spring snowmelt (slow decomposition)
Relief- high, waterlogged, leaching
Organisms- not many survive because it's too cold
Parent Material- not broken by long roots
Vegetation-corniferous trees, mor humus

Gley-
Climate- very cold, Tundra
Relief - low lying
Organisms- aerobic= ferric oxides to ferrous oxides
Parent Material -weathered by freeze thaw
Vegetation- none, thin humus

I'm just taking a guess but since u know what crop v is u must go to a school in Eastrenfreshire ?
Anyone think or know if the percentage for A will be increased, cause they exam was so easy, like everyone in our school found it so easy.
Original post by NGEO
Anyone think or know if the percentage for A will be increased, cause they exam was so easy, like everyone in our school found it so easy.

It depends on how people do overall. I know a lot of people who found it easy, however I think some people may have been put off by revising a lot of formations, soils and maybe weren't prepared for those questions in the exam e.g. the 10 marker on land use conflicts.

Personally, I think the grade boundaries will be increased slightly, but there's also the assignment to equal things out and I don't really know how people perform in that.
Original post by ashleymacleod
It depends on how people do overall. I know a lot of people who found it easy, however I think some people may have been put off by revising a lot of formations, soils and maybe weren't prepared for those questions in the exam e.g. the 10 marker on land use conflicts.

Personally, I think the grade boundaries will be increased slightly, but there's also the assignment to equal things out and I don't really know how people perform in that.

Does anyone have a copy of the paper they could upload?
Original post by 12345kiran
Does anyone have a copy of the paper they could upload?

I think I do somewhere I'll go look

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you?
Original post by rachaelbtf
I think I do somewhere I'll go look

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you
So did you find the paper???
Thank you so much
Hi, I'm sitting my higher geography exam in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone had any model answers....it would be a great help..thanks :smile:
Original post by haroon1998
Everything I bossed apart from the first stupid question part 2

Hi, I'm sitting my higher geography exam in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone had any model answers...it would be a big help..thanks :smile:
Original post by Yammy
Hello fellow higher geographers:biggrin:
Quick tips for the geography exam, doesn't matter if its cfe or not. Get your hands on some past papers and memorise the answers. Most of the notes teachers give you are helpful, but not concise enough to write in the exam under timed conditions if you want good marks. You don't have too much time to write excess stuff if you are missing the main points. Its a really just a simple case of writing exactly what the marker wants to see, and since they follow sqa guidelines, they have to give you marks. I did this last year on old Higher Geography and got a good grade, so good luck!

Ps: You still have to revise your case studies though...

Hi, I'm sitting my geography prelim in a couple of days, and have tried looking for physical topic model answers but have been unsuccessful. I was wondering if you had any model answers available to share?

Thanks 😊
Original post by ashleymacleod
I'm crashing higher geography this year and so far I've actually really enjoyed it and I wished that I took it before. I got an A in my prelim which I was quite surprised with. However, the physical section is definitely my weakness. I got 10/20 in that section because two questions that came up were ones that I really wasn't confident with. I got 19/20 for the human section though which I find fairly easy to revise.

Hi, that is phenomenal!!! I'm sitting my higher geography prelim in a few days...how did you find the questions? Also, what r u doing your assignment on ? 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending