The Student Room Group

Which Famous People have you met

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hbk4894
I was just thinking has anyone ever met any TV star's and they where really nice and has anyone met any that are not so nice?

My Mate met Clare and Sarah of Hollyoaks and they seemed nice

john barrowman very nice :smile:
Ruth Jones very sweet woman
Gethin Jones is pleasant
katherine jenkins is cool too
Reply 81
Osama bin Laden, nice guy really don't believe the media hype though...
Reply 82
i think also i saw Amy of Hollyoaks but wasn't sure it was her or not
Reply 83
Oh I forgot - Ben Onwukwe, an actor who used to be in London's Burning yonks ago (remember that show?) is now a supply teacher and occasionally works at the school I work at.
Original post by Milky Milk
I wasn't going to mention it or anything until I saw this.

I met James McKenzie (Raven) because I was on the programme :ahee: Awesome Claim2Fame.
And he was a lovely guy! Got a photo with him that just turned out black... :hmmm:

Aaah, you're so lucky! I always applied but never got on :frown:
Do they still make that programme? I wanna watch it and drool over his accent!
A friend of mine plays football with Neil from the Inbetweeners, who is apparently very nice :smile:
I've never met any TV stars lol
Original post by Xristina
I would find it extremely difficult to like Timothy spall. I know it sounds stupid, but god I hate Peter Pettigrew with a passion (more than Sirius black does :tongue:)
I think if I met him I'd probably slap him on the face and scream "How could you! How could you sell James and lily to Voldemort! You were their friend!!"

how old are you?
Reply 88
Esther Rantzen isn't very nice. I was on the Orient Express when I was 6, and bearing in mind she supposedly loves children balh blah blah, she ignored me when her husband was talking to me.

On the same trip I had to play with Gian-Carla Cappola, Francis Ford Cappola's (directed The God Father amongst others) grand-daughter or something. Her grandfther was busy with some work or whatever so instructed the steward to take her and find another kid for her to play with. I was the only other child on the train. She was OK, but bearing in mind I was basically forced to play with his grand-daughter when I was happy on my own, he ignored me too.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 89
I met some of the Glee cast when I was doing some work in London.

A lot.. Shorter in real life (compared to what I apparently expected). Nice people though. :smile:
Original post by forsaken_earth
how old are you?

I'm 23, why? Is my answer too childish for your liking?
David Tennant is the nicest man i've ever met.
Anthony Head was lovely
Noel Clarke was lovely also.
Elisabeth Sladen (RIP) was so nice
Billie Piper was just... ugh.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I've never met any TV stars lol

Haha I ve never met any British ones either (although!! The first time I visited London, I swear I saw the guy who played Patrick at coupling walking past me)
However, I met one of my favorite singers in Greece, I was at the airport, walking around waiting for my flight and he just came right in front of me, I was like "oh my god". He looked at me amused. I kept saying oh my god for an embarrassing amount of time. Then I asked to take a pic with him and then we talked a bit about where each of us was flying too
:smile:
I was so excited :smile::smile:
I met Scooby Doo after his show in Southport as we had backstage passes. He was such a diva. Wouldn't let me shake his paw until I'd given him his Bonio.

(Bizarrely, that's a true story..:wink:).
Reply 94
Met Jonathan Ross in China Town years ago, went to say hi and shake his hand, he did but he seemed arrogant and didn't look at me, didn't give a damn.
Reply 95
John Cleese is a tool. He was on at our theatre and didn't come to the post show drinks, refused to leave via stage door so he didn't give his signature out for free [he has signed merch on sale] and had his car parked in the scene dock so he could literally walk off stage and leave.

Al Murray was lovely though. He came down to where I was working after the show and thanked us for getting him drinks throughout the show. He also really cared about the theatre and was more than happy to tell people they were being pillocks. One guy tried to get up on stage and Al Murray pushed him into his seat and poured a pint over his head. He also made our job easy by allocating a phrase he could say if he wanted someone kicked out.

Matthew Lewis [Neville Longbottom] is gorgeous and a really nice guy, Derek Jakobi is quiet but very actor-y, David Haig is lovely [came out and apologised to us when he cancelled the show and we had to turn people away]. Ermmmm... That's all I've got right now...
Original post by sophia_
I met some of the Glee cast when I was doing some work in London.

A lot.. Shorter in real life (compared to what I apparently expected). Nice people though. :smile:

Totally agree! I bumped into Max Adler who plays Dave Karofsky in leicester square a few weeks ago and was really surprised at how short he was.

I also met Jonathan Groff who plays Jesse St James, he stayed and signed after a play he was in- he was lovely:smile: Stage-door-wise people who were kind enough to stay and sign; Anna Chancellor, David Tennant, Simon Russell Beale and Stephen Fry:smile:

But hands down the best encounter has to be Miriam Margoyles (aka professor sprout) in a cue for the toilets at a theatre, she decided she wouldn't wait and so after chasing the men out of their bathroom ("ANY MEN IN THERE-A LADY IS ENTERING!") she asked me to "stand guard" and prevent anyone from entering the mens toilets while she used them. Very surreal and possibly one of the greatest moments of my life:tongue:
Reply 97
My dad met Delia Smith while he was working. She took the time to sign one of her books and he says she was an absolute pleasure to meet.
Russell Kane's pretty nice, as is Shappi Khorsandi and Al Murray.

The only "bad" experience I've had was when I was about 9, standing with my dad outside Anfield. John Toshack inadvertently elbowed me in the head and didn't stop to apologise o:<
My dad was all, "Oh my god. You just got elbowed by John Toshack!"
I wasn't so impressed. I'm sure he's lovely, just had a bad experience :p:

Gary from EastEnders is also a regular at a local Co-Op, and he insists on wearing his sunglasses inside. It's obvious who he is because everyone knows he goes to the shop there, and he's the only one ever seen wearing sunnies inside. He gets pissed off if people take a second glance.
I have Katie Price coming to work soon, game on.

Quick Reply

Latest