The Student Room Group

will having casual sex during freshers week ruin a girls rep for the whole degree ?

just asking out of interest....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It would make her rep :colone:
Reply 2
Pretty much, unless it's with me - them's the rulez.
Reply 3
I've been wondering about this too!!
Reply 4
It won't effect your degree persay...but to be honest why should you care what other people think? If you wanna have sex have sex....just don't CATCH anything. That should be your only regret :wink:
Reply 5
not really, I slept with a guy on saturday night i met at a freshers event, nothing wrong in it.
Reply 6
Haha, no. Unless of course she goes around bragging about it...nobody likes a show off.

University is a big place - you don't know anywhere near everyone, why would they know you or even care what you get up to?
Well, to be fair a lot of people won't be able to judge seeing as they'll have done exactly the same thing. And other students don't have much right to judge anyway, seeing as it's entirely your own decision.

It won't necessarily "ruin" your reputation, but I guess if it becomes public knowledge, more guys might try it on with you and other guys might be a bit wary of asking you into a relationship.
Reply 8
How many guys are you planning on having 'casual sex' with....depends on that really.
Reply 9
keep it on the dl and no one will find out, except for all of us. we'll know.
How will people find out unless you talk about it? (or are you a screamer? :sexface:)
strange question
Just do the ****ing or keep the rep; you can't have your cake and eat it, girl.
Reply 13
Original post by Eclair
keep it on the dl and no one will find out, except for all of us. we'll know.

LOL

And I bet you call Ipswich "the Swich"
Nah, chances are she will just lie about it.
If it's a small Uni, everyone will know your business, and then you may get a rep - but then it isn't like you will be the only one having casual sex during freshers. If it is a large Uni I'd say go for it haha, you'll just be another student having fun before the studying begins.
Reply 16
Original post by PinkMocassin
just asking out of interest....

Yes it will. freshers last year a girl slept with two guys in freshers and has forever been branded a slag
Reply 17
Original post by Planar
LOL

And I bet you call Ipswich "the Swich"

ip****

and nah
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 18
okay so roughly what would cross the line between 'noone would care' and 'she's a whore' ?
Reply 19
Original post by Eclair
ip****

and nah

I was under the impression that some people did call it that. I worked there for about two weeks. "Right boo-ee" and all that, eh?
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply