The Student Room Group

will having casual sex during freshers week ruin a girls rep for the whole degree ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by PinkMocassin
oh that's good thinking actually so lets say a girl slept with three guys on three unrelated courses, who 100% don't know each other, there is no chance of either of them knowing right ? just out of interest ?

i can't believe you just followed that point as if its a good idea, and a great plan for freshers week. its not. following her idiot logic you may as well sleep with random people on the street based on the fact they're "unlikely to know each other".

you won't be considered a slut if you sleep with someone during freshers week, because (1) people won't give a **** and (2) people will be far too involved in their own problems.
Reply 41
okay so roughly what would cross the line between 'noone would care' and 'she's a whore' ?

the difference between 1 guy and 2+ guys. ditto for the blokes and number of girls.

although if it genuinely is just a casual thing, and that becomes obvious, in freshers even 1 time will get you known.

Fresher's week is, socially, just like any other week ever. Except everyone is paying far more attention to gossip and being far more judgemental. Nothing becomes more acceptable during fresher's, just more gossip-worthy.

Also, unless it's an especially large uni, everyone knows everything that everyone else does. If you know them, they know all your business. If you're going to do anything, own it, be happy to wear it on your sleeve. Don't do anything you'd be embarrassed by or want to keep secret.
Reply 42
Original post by j0nnn
i can't believe you just followed that point as if its a good idea, and a great plan for freshers week. its not. following her idiot logic you may as well sleep with random people on the street based on the fact they're "unlikely to know each other".

you won't be considered a slut if you sleep with someone during freshers week, because (1) people won't give a **** and (2) people will be far too involved in their own problems.

Oh shut it you prude, if a girl meets hot guys during freshers who she won't meet again what is wrong with her engaging in some fun with them ? if they go to her uni that might be annoying because she might see them in the corridor, so if it's her uni guys then obviously she should chose one hottie to shag, but with other uni's she can be more free.

Stop being a frigid snob :mad:
Reply 43
oh that's good thinking actually so lets say a girl slept with three guys on three unrelated courses, who 100% don't know each other, there is no chance of either of them knowing right ? just out of interest ?

It's not your partners knowing about each other you need to worry about anyway.

Even if they don't find out, knowledge of all 3 escapades will filter through numerous people until one person knows of all 3, and then all 3 will becomes intertwined and everyone will know about all 3.
That one person is most likely to be someone living near you or in your friendship group.

That is, of course, if they don't notice in freshers week itself, as you're having your action, which is the most likely event. It is impossible to be subtle about such things.
Reply 44
Original post by The Mr Z
the difference between 1 guy and 2+ guys. ditto for the blokes and number of girls.

although if it genuinely is just a casual thing, and that becomes obvious, in freshers even 1 time will get you known.

Fresher's week is, socially, just like any other week ever. Except everyone is paying far more attention to gossip and being far more judgemental. Nothing becomes more acceptable during fresher's, just more gossip-worthy.

Also, unless it's an especially large uni, everyone knows everything that everyone else does. If you know them, they know all your business. If you're going to do anything, own it, be happy to wear it on your sleeve. Don't do anything you'd be embarrassed by or want to keep secret.

thank you mr z, best advice on here :biggrin:
Reply 45
Original post by Kimoraaa
why do people even think like this ? are u just going to university to get laid ?

Id say its 70/30
Reply 46
No, not unless you slept with many guys.
Reply 47
OP, I will say this once and I will say it again, if they are mingers NO. but if they are hot and sexy, grab em. You only live once hun :smile:
There are that many people that I really doubt that it will haunt you for three years, friendships move on and even you stay with the same people throughout they are likely to forget.
Reply 49
Well the few girls I know who had sex casually in freshers' week with guys they met at uni for the first time are widely known as whores / slags / easy sluts by a lot of people who know them - so on the basis of that I would say yes.

I don't know how long that reputation will last but it survived the first year with ease...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 50
To be honest, I least expect something like this from a girl on TSR (but at the end of the day they are human too) :biggrin:
Reply 51
Not if its with me :P
Reply 52
Original post by Coben
Oh shut it you prude, if a girl meets hot guys during freshers who she won't meet again what is wrong with her engaging in some fun with them ? if they go to her uni that might be annoying because she might see them in the corridor, so if it's her uni guys then obviously she should chose one hottie to shag, but with other uni's she can be more free.

Stop being a frigid snob :mad:

wait a minute, i'm a prude because i'm advising a girl that MAYBE it's not a good idea for her to sleep with multiple guys from multiple unis in one week of being there? well holy **** i guess i'm guilty.

not even going to respond to the "frigid snob" part. you don't know enough about me to be sure of that. obviously hit a nerve :rolleyes:
Reply 53
Hey it's your vagina, do what you want with it and don't care with other people think!
Reply 54
Original post by h.jjj
hey it's your vagina, do what you want with it and don't care with other people think!

exactly. :d
Reply 55
Quite possibly, depends how you do it.

I, for one, made an arse of myself in freshers' week when I was 17. Constantly pissed, constantly doing things I really shouldn't have. It did my reputation no end of damage.

Original post by AidanKD
It won't effect your degree persay...but to be honest why should you care what other people think?

Because humans are social animals and our ability to interact positively with others often determines how successful we can pursue our own goals.
Reply 56
Original post by Coben
exactly. :d

The last comment got removed for 'offesnive implications' I meant it as a good thing though, I love easy girls like that. :biggrin:
Reply 57
Original post by L i b
Quite possibly, depends how you do it.

I, for one, made an arse of myself in freshers' week when I was 17. Constantly pissed, constantly doing things I really shouldn't have. It did my reputation no end of damage.

Because humans are social animals and our ability to interact positively with others often determines how successful we can pursue our own goals.

you started uni at 17 ?:smile:
i have been thinking about this, at the end of the day im a massive flirt/tease especially when drunk...so if i happen to get in that type of situation then thats fine but its my decision and no-one should judge me and what my v-g-jay decides to do about it :tongue:
Nah, just don't go ape. If you have a couple if guys spit roasting you or something, word will probably get spread round. But then on the other hand, that would be amazing for all involved parties. Hmm moral dilemma. Anyway, point is, no one will really know or care unless you go nuts, so get stuck in and spread the love.

Quick Reply

Latest