The Student Room Group
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester

Winchester 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beebee.dc
I've applied for the Archaeological Practice degree, because the course looked fantastic.
About the entry requirements: I went on a course taught by a Winchester grad and she really sold it to me. She said that they take people in with low grades (and higher ones too) but the teaching is fab, and you get a good degree at the end.
The module choice looked very good. Lots on Medieval and Classical period, not really any non-european ones though...

Hope that helps...

Thankyou so much it really does :smile: In fact probably see you there in September? :smile:
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester
Where is everyone thinking of picking for acommodation?
Reply 22
Original post by YogaintheWoods
Where is everyone thinking of picking for acommodation?

Well my course is on King Alfred campus so I'd apply for the accommodation there - it's easier :P and when we looked round the campus the self-catered accommodation looked nicer, so will apply for that rather than catered, despite not being able to cook well! You?
You lot will love it at winch, probably the most beautiful, historic and friendly small city in the country, with a lovely town. Lived in winch my whole life and would never dream of going anywhere else. You'll understand why when you get here. Good luck with your applications!
Reply 24
Original post by Just Josh
You lot will love it at winch, probably the most beautiful, historic and friendly small city in the country, with a lovely town. Lived in winch my whole life and would never dream of going anywhere else. You'll understand why when you get here. Good luck with your applications!

That's good to know :biggrin: :biggrin: thank you! :smile:
Reply 25
i've applied for social work but have just been rejected by bournemouth, which i wasn't expecting so will have to wait and see what winchester does
Reply 26
I wonder how long Winchester takes? Anyone heard back from them yet?
Original post by Jabberwox
I wonder how long Winchester takes? Anyone heard back from them yet?

Nope not yet, really excited though :smile: Have you sent yours off?
Reply 28
Original post by Aarroonnn
Nope not yet, really excited though :smile: Have you sent yours off?

Yeah, did it Wednesday
Anyone know what Law is like there?
Also any ideas as to why the entry requirements are low?
Looks like such a nice university!
Reply 30
I'm applying for Primary Education. Hopefully sending my application off Monday ... just waiting for my reference to be completed!! x
I've applied for Creative Writing and English Language Studies.:smile:
Reply 32
Original post by Beebumble
I've applied for Creative Writing and English Language Studies.:smile:

Good luck :biggrin: I'm applying for English too, when did you send off your application? Also, are you putting it as your firm? :tongue:
Original post by Jabberwox
Good luck :biggrin: I'm applying for English too, when did you send off your application? Also, are you putting it as your firm? :tongue:

My application was sent to UCAS today.:biggrin: It'll probably be my insurance.
Winchester :love:
Unconditional offer received (by my daughter) for Winchester (she's on a gap year) for English Language studies. UCAS form sent in early November, offer received 10th November at 3.30pm (no acknowlegment email/letter). She has 2 A2's and 2AS's (A*,A, a, c). Winchester sounds really lovely, although it sounds like the gender mix is rather unbalanced? Anyway, just thought I'd share this info in case it gives hope and good luck to you all. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
When I was there it was 70% females, but it is a lovely place :yes:
Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~
When I was there it was 70% females, but it is a lovely place :yes:

How comes it's such a high percent?

Also what was the city like? :smile:
Original post by Silver Aurora
How comes it's such a high percent?

Also what was the city like? :smile:

I think it's because there are a lot of students stuyding things like drama which tend to be mostly females, and not many subjects that tend to be mostly males. I know it's stereotyping, but if you look at the range of subjects they offer, they are mostly art/humanities.

The city is small, which may be good or bad as far as you're concerned, expensive, but beautiful. Especially around Christmas - my mum used to love coming to visit and listening to the Salvation Army band playing in the high street :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by Winterbells
Unconditional offer received (by my daughter) for Winchester (she's on a gap year) for English Language studies. UCAS form sent in early November, offer received 10th November at 3.30pm (no acknowlegment email/letter). She has 2 A2's and 2AS's (A*,A, a, c). Winchester sounds really lovely, although it sounds like the gender mix is rather unbalanced? Anyway, just thought I'd share this info in case it gives hope and good luck to you all. :smile:

Wow well done to her! :biggrin: :biggrin: I'm on a gap year too and have applied for English, but haven't heard anything from Winchester yet. Yeah I've heard that it's mainly girls there too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending