The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mikeyd85

It's quite nice :smile:

I got hold of the beta flying around on XDA and it looked quite good.
Google parody video about the recent Google Glasses. This made me laugh lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3TAOYXT840&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Original post by youngzwavey
just got the "incompatible" GTA 3 downloaded apk to run seamlessly on a desire s (CM7.1stable + tiamat 1.1.5 kernel) ever so slightly overclocked on SmartassV2, oh did i mention controlling it with my ps3 controller :bl: now i remember why i didnt get an iphone for £49379473 a second lol

What phone do you have?
Original post by mevidek
What phone do you have?

just a humble desire s
Original post by G8D
It says in his post...

Oh right :colondollar:

just a humble desire s

Like the one I'm getting then :tongue:
Original post by mevidek
Oh right :colondollar:

Like the one I'm getting then :tongue:

yup :smile:
yup :smile:

Does it still work well after just under 2 years then?
Original post by mevidek
Does it still work well after just under 2 years then?

yeah i got mine last november and i'm pretty sure it will be with me running well till oct 2013 when i upgrade but i may by the new iphone when its released, i would definitely recommend this phone for the price and capabilities, glad my contract wouldn't give me a sensation now once rooted differences between htc's become less important
Reply 7289
Is it true I should do a factory reset on my phone before and after installing Ice Cream Sandwich for optimum performance? And would I be able to back up all my apps so that the progress is saved?
Original post by cz100
Is it true I should do a factory reset on my phone before and after installing Ice Cream Sandwich for optimum performance? And would I be able to back up all my apps so that the progress is saved?

Apparently so have a look http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S2/Ice-Cream-Sandwich-Preparation/td-p/1068651

I myself wondered why but I understand now and people with the HTC sensation who have upgraded to ICS have found that they are getting multiple problems which are mainly due to the fact that they didnt factory reset before and after.
yeah i got mine last november and i'm pretty sure it will be with me running well till oct 2013 when i upgrade but i may by the new iphone when its released, i would definitely recommend this phone for the price and capabilities, glad my contract wouldn't give me a sensation now once rooted differences between htc's become less important

I'm not very good with phones; computers are more my thing... What does it mean for a phone to be rooted?

Please excuse my ignorance :colondollar:
Reply 7292
Original post by mevidek
I'm not very good with phones; computers are more my thing... What does it mean for a phone to be rooted?

Please excuse my ignorance :colondollar:

A phone is 'rooted' when the OS has the administrator privileges unlocked :smile:
Hello, I'm just wondering why all the HTC Desire S contract phone deals are now gone? I can't fine one anywhere now.. I could find plenty around in January. I was waiting a bit in the hope that the contract prices for this phone would fall by now.. is it likely that websites/shops will re-stock this phone? Thanks
Reply 7294
Original post by yabbayabba
Hello, I'm just wondering why all the HTC Desire S contract phone deals are now gone? I can't fine one anywhere now.. I could find plenty around in January. I was waiting a bit in the hope that the contract prices for this phone would fall by now.. is it likely that websites/shops will re-stock this phone? Thanks

Deals galore there http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/choose-tariff/HTC_DESIRE_S/MONTHLY/NEW?network=
Reply 7295
Original post by F_shakeey
Apparently so have a look http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S2/Ice-Cream-Sandwich-Preparation/td-p/1068651

I myself wondered why but I understand now and people with the HTC sensation who have upgraded to ICS have found that they are getting multiple problems which are mainly due to the fact that they didnt factory reset before and after.

Is it possible to have app progress saved though?
Original post by cz100
Is it possible to have app progress saved though?

Yes, with Titanium Backup, but you need root first.
Reply 7297
Yes, with Titanium Backup, but you need root first.

I've been googling around about how to root but still aren't sure because I have a Macbook and the info I've come across aren't very good, is it possible to root with a Mac?
Original post by cz100
I've been googling around about how to root but still aren't sure because I have a Macbook and the info I've come across aren't very good, is it possible to root with a Mac?

Assuming SuperOneClick works with your phone, that should do it. :smile:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682
Original post by ebee
A phone is 'rooted' when the OS has the administrator privileges unlocked :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending