The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Applying to York for 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

Your prospectus for Philosophy says,

"General Studies or Critical Thinking A level are accepted alongside other subjects..."

Is this correct?

Does this mean that you will accept three Al levels including General Studies?
University of York
York
Original post by little red rock
Hi,

Your prospectus for Philosophy says,

"General Studies or Critical Thinking A level are accepted alongside other subjects..."

Is this correct?

Does this mean that you will accept three Al levels including General Studies?

Yes: we will accept General Studies or Critical Thinking as one of three A levels, but we would be dubious if someone offered *both* out of three.

Of course, if you take General Sudies, Critical Thinking and 2 (or 3, or 4) others, that’s fine.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further queries:
https://www.york.ac.uk/philosophy/contact/

Dr Nick Jones
Associate Lecturer, Undergraduate Admissions Tutor,
Department of Philosophy
Hi,

For the Next Step York scheme, what is the typical grade reduction? I may want to do an MPhys in Physics which requires AAA - what would these entry requirements be reduced to upon completion of the Next Step York scheme? ABB?

Thanks.
Original post by DarkEnergy
Hi,

For the Next Step York scheme, what is the typical grade reduction? I may want to do an MPhys in Physics which requires AAA - what would these entry requirements be reduced to upon completion of the Next Step York scheme? ABB?

Thanks.

Hello and thanks for your query.

The Next Step York programme is only available to eligible Year 12 students within targeted schools and colleges, in certain parts of the country. We would need to know which school or college you attended before we could accept you on to programme.

Could you contact us using the private message function or directly so we could discuss if you are eligible?

All the contact details you need are here: https://www.york.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/outreach/next-step-york/#tab-2

I hope this helps?

Mark

Quick Reply

Latest