The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Curent Hull Students-can you post some pics of your accomm?

Hi guys,
On their website it says we should receive accommodation stuff from mid- May so I'm starting to think about where to choose.
The uni website has no pics of the inside though so it would be really helpful if people could post a pic or two of their room.
Thanks in advance!!
Reply 1

my room at the lawns - lambert D
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
I was in Grant A :smile: it was lovely! Sorry i forgot to take pics when all my stuff was in there! :frown:

My En-suite:

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by captainox

Thank you, looks good!
Reply 4
Original post by Jellybean91
I was in Grant A :smile: it was lovely! Sorry i forgot to take pics when all my stuff was in there! :frown:

Wow, looks really nice, like it been refurbished fairly recently. I think I really do want to get into one of the halls at the lawns, it sounds like the best place to meet people.

Thanks for the pics!:biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by captainox

i think i looked round your room when i went up! haha
Reply 6
more pic for taylor court pls ^^
Reply 7
pics for Needler?
cheers :smile:
Original post by alvers
more pic for taylor court pls ^^

Sorry i cant help you with Taylor courts ive never set foot inside them but they seem nice enough, i would assume theyre pretty similar to the rooms at the lawns.

Original post by SpySapper
pics for Needler?
cheers :smile:

Sorry not got pics but all the rooms at the lawns are pretty similar... also depends if you got en-suite or not (needler has 2 en suite blocks and 3 non) if youve got an ensuite it will be fairly similar to the pics i posted above.. although its more than likely you will have a bigger room (i drew the short straw in my block! even still i loved my room and wouldnt have traded it for anything else!)

Also if anyone wants to see pics of houses for 2nd year then let me know :smile: (preferably sooner rather than later before i move out so i can take some... try and catch me before mid-june when i move out before my year abroad though or you'll have to wait a year! :tongue: )
Reply 9
hi guys, anyone got pics of downs hall block a
Reply 10
I stayed at Pacific Court, building 3, flat 4
Um yeah, don't expect a great deal if you end up here! It's cheap but you do get EXACTLY what you pay for!

My bedroom, one of the larger ones on my corridor. Standard bed, sink, wardrobe, desk, pinboard.

My corridor, handy bridge to the flat across in the next building, door only opens when the fire alarm goes off though!

Kitchen- half the microwaves not working and bins frequently overflowing, fridges like to freeze stuff and the hobs are for some reason on a slant so all the oil trickles to one side of the pan- v annoying!

We did have a balcony over the *cough* beautiful *cough* river Hull though... the balcony was usually used for throwing things out into the river, climbing down to the flat below (NOT recommended!) and letting the pigeons in in the morning... niiiice.

But wherever you end up, you'll make new friends, and if it is completely rubbish (like PC) then you'll bond over moaning about how rubbish it is! :tongue:
Original post by igorah
I stayed at Pacific Court, building 3, flat 4
Um yeah, don't expect a great deal if you end up here! It's cheap but you do get EXACTLY what you pay for!

My bedroom, one of the larger ones on my corridor. Standard bed, sink, wardrobe, desk, pinboard.

That is actually quite a gorgeous room, maybe it's the exposed brick wall that gives it a sort of chic/artsy feel :tongue:
Reply 12
Original post by *Funky-buddha*
That is actually quite a gorgeous room, maybe it's the exposed brick wall that gives it a sort of chic/artsy feel :tongue:

Aha, it was once I'd got my hand on it and stuck a billion things all over the walls! The exposed brick and single glazing made it FREEZING in the winter though, didn't help that my radiator was broken up until nearly the end of december when Jim (the fix-it guy) managed to repair it by WHACKING it with a hammer and grumbling at it!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
I thought the previous pictures were Nicholson as they seemed to have a balcony and ensuite... oh well.

Can anyone put some up for nicholson?
Original post by Peon
I thought the previous pictures were Nicholson as they seemed to have a balcony and ensuite... oh well.

i think grant is the same as nicholson in terms of them both being en-suite. it's just that nicholson is self-catered. tbh nicholson looks just like the pictures posted of grant. the rooms are designed the same, they're very long and have good sized bathrooms with awesome showers!
I feel like this thread needs to be resurrected! :bump:
Original post by Peon

If you befriend Nicholson Hall on facebook, I have pictures of all types of rooms on there :smile:
Reply 17
Does anyone have any photo's of student accommodation? such as Cranbrook ave? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest