The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham 2012 Firmers!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Felinori
I've applied and got an offer for Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience, really excited. Am toying with Sussex instead though but pretty sure I'll firm Nottingham, it's just so worrying that I'll make the wrong choice! Essentially I think I might just have to go to the one who will give me the most in bursaries :wink:

Has anyone else got an offer for Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience? Also for current students, how far is BGP from the school of Psychology? I'm really lazy...

What? :eek: I'm sorry guys but I personally know this girl, and can tell you she's not applying for Psychology and Cognotive Neuroscience at all.

In fact, she's applying for Film Studies at the University of Lincoln. You'd better think twice before you post lies in a forum your classmates regularly use....
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by hydrolysis
99% sure I'll firm :biggrin: does anyone know if we get to choose the halls on UP campus this year or if we'll be randomly allocated?

UP is randomly allocated, however I know a ton of people (myself included) that put down a hall preference and we all got it.
I like being in catered halls, i love the fact that for dinner and breakfast (when I attend), everyone is together and its a huge social time. If you have any questions about catered halls feel free to quote me. I live in a single study in Cripps
Reply 62
most probably gonna firm for Finance, Accounting and Management
Reply 63
Original post by Sandra1993
UP is randomly allocated, however I know a ton of people (myself included) that put down a hall preference and we all got it.
I like being in catered halls, i love the fact that for dinner and breakfast (when I attend), everyone is together and its a huge social time. If you have any questions about catered halls feel free to quote me. I live in a single study in Cripps

Ah thats great then :smile: so when you apply for accomodation is there a box or something which you can say what hall(s) you'd preffer? & also what sort of food is there? (I'm a vegetarian) & how many people share a bathroom/what's it like? I think I'm going to go for private shared bathroom as 1st choice and single study for 2nd. Sorry for all the questions!
Reply 64
Original post by hydrolysis
Ah thats great then :smile: so when you apply for accomodation is there a box or something which you can say what hall(s) you'd preffer? & also what sort of food is there? (I'm a vegetarian) & how many people share a bathroom/what's it like? I think I'm going to go for private shared bathroom as 1st choice and single study for 2nd. Sorry for all the questions!

its fine! don't worry about!
there is a personal preference block where you can say if you have a disability/ need storage and thats where i put which hall i wanted to be in.
Well for breakfast there is cereal, hot food and toast (plenty of options though i never actually go to it, I'm not a morning person)
Lunch, you can eat anywhere on campus so it shouldn't be an issue, you can get chinese, pasta, soup, omelets, baguettes, pretty much anything
Dinner, there are usually 2 meat options and 1 or 2 vege options for a main plate plus sometimes they have quiches or something you can get instead. There is also yogurt and fruit available, plus a potato and 2 or hot vegetables plus a salad bar and also soup and bread.

For my single study, the first floor has 6 people and one bathroom, the second floor has 6 people and 2 bathrooms and the third floor has 3 people and 2 bathrooms plus a tutor flat which has its on bathroom. But this totally depends on the block you are. But there has never been an issue of there not being a bathroom free plus if you are in a single study then your bathrooms get cleaned every week day. So i don't think you really need to pay the extra for a private shared bathroom or a ensuite. Also I find ensuite bathrooms are not big. In Cripps the private shared bathrooms are big and do have bathtubs which can be a plus but its not the same in all halls.

If you have anymore questions let me know!
Original post by TheMetCast
That makes three of us so far! :biggrin:

I'm firmed for Computer Science at Nottingham too. That brings us up to 4.:biggrin:
Seems like quite a popular subject here, hope that means I've chosen well.
Reply 66
Just firmed Nottingham for economics!
Does anyone know when/ how we can apply for accommodation?
Reply 67
Original post by Sandra1993
its fine! don't worry about!
there is a personal preference block where you can say if you have a disability/ need storage and thats where i put which hall i wanted to be in.
Well for breakfast there is cereal, hot food and toast (plenty of options though i never actually go to it, I'm not a morning person)
Lunch, you can eat anywhere on campus so it shouldn't be an issue, you can get chinese, pasta, soup, omelets, baguettes, pretty much anything
Dinner, there are usually 2 meat options and 1 or 2 vege options for a main plate plus sometimes they have quiches or something you can get instead. There is also yogurt and fruit available, plus a potato and 2 or hot vegetables plus a salad bar and also soup and bread.

For my single study, the first floor has 6 people and one bathroom, the second floor has 6 people and 2 bathrooms and the third floor has 3 people and 2 bathrooms plus a tutor flat which has its on bathroom. But this totally depends on the block you are. But there has never been an issue of there not being a bathroom free plus if you are in a single study then your bathrooms get cleaned every week day. So i don't think you really need to pay the extra for a private shared bathroom or a ensuite. Also I find ensuite bathrooms are not big. In Cripps the private shared bathrooms are big and do have bathtubs which can be a plus but its not the same in all halls.

If you have anymore questions let me know!

Thanks so much for the information, its really helped :biggrin:
Reply 68
Accepting a conditional place at Nottingham for Law and Spanish as my firm choice :smile: !
Reply 69
Original post by Black_Jack
Thought I’d start a thread for everyone who’s received an offer and is firming Nottingham for 2012! Good opportunity to meet people you’ll be starting with in September and ask any questions about Nottingham life etc to people already there! :smile:

Quote me with the subject you'll be studying - and it should make it easier finding people starting the course with you!

I'll be firming it for medicine as soon as I hear back from the other unis! Going to the interview was my first time there and I absolutely loved it:smile:!
Reply 70
Firmed for Law. :smile:
Reply 71
Original post by LizAnn
Firmed for Law. :smile:

See you there in September! :biggrin:
Reply 72
Thought I’d start a thread for everyone who’s received an offer and is firming Nottingham for 2012! Good opportunity to meet people you’ll be starting with in September and ask any questions about Nottingham life etc to people already there! :smile:

Quote me with the subject you'll be studying - and it should make it easier finding people starting the course with you!

Firmed Finance, Accounting and Management :biggrin: excited out of my brain woo!
Reply 73
Track is taking forever to update :frown:
Reply 74
So far I think there's about five of us for Law? September seems a decade away
:bebored:
Original post by TheMetCast
BCDE :frown: what about you?

No just G400, which ones the G404?

The G400 is a three year bachelor degree and the 404 is a four year undergraduate masters. If you think the G404 sounds better to you they will let you switch to it by emailing them (just did this yesterday). It's a longer degree but it's worth a bit more too. The conditions are the same too but I think you said they lowered yours from ABB to BBB? If so you may need to look into that if you decide to switch.

Either way it doesn't make a huge difference, see you there!:biggrin:
So far I think there's about five of us for Law? September seems a decade away
:bebored:

It'll come round very very quickly...
Reply 77
Original post by CharleyChester
It'll come round very very quickly...

I hope so... Accommodation applications next month - exciting times. Really torn between UP and Broadgate... hmmmm :s-smilie:
Adam Martin, were you there at the open day on the 1st? :P
Reply 79
Almost definitely firming for Law :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending