The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Donald Duck
Well, what sort of woman would refuse sex on her wedding night? The only argument I can think of is that she had sugery down there, and was afraid the stitches may pop. Any other time I completely agree with you, both people need to want sex. At the wedding night, it's just part of the package (and according to a whole bunch of traditions/laws/etc, it's the most important thing that happens during the entire wedding).

It is certaintly not the most important bit of the wedding! The most important bit of the wedding is knowing youre are legally paired to the person you love hopefully for life.

Ill give you reasons

She was drunk and wanted to wait till she was sober so she could enjoy iy properly and remember every minute of her first time
She may have been nervous or scared
She may be tired
She may have been on her period

No matter what night it is both people need to want sex all of the time and no means no even on a wedding night.

You cant understand how much it hurts having a dick shoved in you when you dont want it or arent ready for it, so dont judge her.
Reply 141
Original post by Perseveranze
Being drunk fair enough, but she kept denying him again and again for no reason, then I wouldn't be surprised if he had just cheated on her.

Standard Islamic view justifying rape! LOL

In other people's marriages, the woman isn't considered property of the man.
This is what I don't like about marriage, because the only reason it exists is because until a few years ago it was basically legalised slavery for women. People forget this.
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
What sort of person doesn't want to have sex on the wedding night? :lolwut:

I'm not defending him, he shouldn't have raped her, but seriously :lolwut:

she could be menstruating!
Reply 143
I'm not defending the man if what she alleges is true, but if somebody rapes you and you then later go onto have consensual sex and only bring it to the attention of the police once your marriage breaks down it does seem a lot like revenge to me.
I haven't read through all 8 pages of this so apologies if this has already been stated.

As horrible as it is, it wasn't actually illegal for a man to rape his wife until 1991! which I find shocking.
Reply 145
Original post by JohnC2211
I haven't read through all 8 pages of this so apologies if this has already been stated.

As horrible as it is, it wasn't actually illegal for a man to rape his wife until 1991! which I find shocking.

It's not really that shocking considering we have a common law system, here we are in 2012 and there is still no statute that says murder is illegal.
Original post by churchilsquare

She can't be menstruating from everywhere...
:rofl:
It is good to see that she knew who she was marrying......:giggle:
Reply 148
I bet they are Asian.
Original post by James82
I'm not defending the man if what she alleges is true, but if somebody rapes you and you then later go onto have consensual sex and only bring it to the attention of the police once your marriage breaks down it does seem a lot like revenge to me.

you clearly have no idea then mate, a person cannot often walk away that easily. If you've ever been married to a person, had a child, been in love you would probably realise that. Married couples do have sex, she may have felt pressured to have sex with him in other situations.

one minute you are going at her for not putting out next its because she has? Can women ever win?
Original post by foreveranon
Wow, a lot of people here who I'm guessing aren't married.

This is a student forum... are you really surprised? I'd say the largest demographic would be age 16 - 18 by a mile(People doing A levels/IB). Then followed by 18 - 21(undergrads) and 15 - 16(people doing GCSEs). The vast majority of these people, by the sheer definition of the word student, are highly intellectual and are likely to marry at an older age than the average person who leaves education at 16, or maybe even 18. I doubt I'll end up getting married before the age of 30, and I wouldnt be surprised if many other people here did the same thing or didn't get married until they were almost 30.

As for the rest I won't comment due to my aforementioned lack of first hand knowledge on the subject. I understand the points you make but at the same point I don't think it's all quite that straightforward.
relatively speaking spusal rape is a fairly new law only coming into force untill 1991, interesting that it took them so long to cotton on to this and this man still believes its justified, what a delightful world we live in..
Original post by JohnC2211

Shocking? Or more likely such cases barely coming up on radar and the general population assuming rape is generally done because they can't have someone, whereas when you're married to someone you have them.
Reply 153
Original post by TRS-T
I bet they are Asian.

LOL? They are probably white, given the details of this story.
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
She can't be menstruating from everywhere...

she might have an otitis media as well...
Original post by kunoichi
She may have been on her period

Original post by churchilsquare

I never have understood this objection - it's blood, not superglue or acid.
Original post by Robinson's_Crusade
I never have understood this objection - it's blood, not superglue or acid.

the area is sore you idiot!
Original post by Jimbo1234
:rofl:
It is good to see that she knew who she was marrying......:giggle:
You find the notion of rape amusing? What is wrong with you?
Reply 159

So what happens now? Does everyone forget their mistaken outrage?

Latest

Trending

Trending