The Student Room Group

Language applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JadoreHan
How did everyone find the WJEC german? I found it really hard :frown: hard to say how I have done, wasn't a disaster but wasnt amazing either

I've just done WJEC German .. I Thought the first half of the paper was OK, better than I expected actually... but the essay..........oh dear! :redface: That's my fault though as I didn't revise the film (Goodbye, Lenin!) at all. :rolleyes: Hopefully I'll do just enough to get the B which I need!
How did you find it??
Original post by JakeE10
I've just done WJEC German .. I Thought the first half of the paper was OK, better than I expected actually... but the essay..........oh dear! :redface: That's my fault though as I didn't revise the film (Goodbye, Lenin!) at all. :rolleyes: Hopefully I'll do just enough to get the B which I need!
How did you find it??

Haha, I did goodbye Lenin for the oral thank god cos I looked at their questions and thought they were hard, i thought the listening was alright, but some of the gap fill and questions in German and translation was quite difficult, I did my essay on der besuch der Alten dame, which was okay cos i revised for the essay, I just hope that they bring the boundaries down so we can get good marks :P
I did AQA German. Could've gone better but wasn't terrible. How did people find it?
Haha, I did goodbye Lenin for the oral thank god cos I looked at their questions and thought they were hard, i thought the listening was alright, but some of the gap fill and questions in German and translation was quite difficult, I did my essay on der besuch der Alten dame, which was okay cos i revised for the essay, I just hope that they bring the boundaries down so we can get good marks :P

Ahhh I hate Goodbye Lenin. The essay question was just which character do you find most interesting and why ... bit vague. couldn't even think of much to say as i've only ever seen it once :rolleyes: lol - I thought the other part of the exam was ok though. a few chunks of the translation were actually given to you in the text!!! :biggrin: I'm praying for low grade boundaries though!
Queen Mary- French with ab initio Russian... all depends on how my french exam on tuesday goes :/ so nervous
Reply 3725
Original post by JakeE10
Ahhh I hate Goodbye Lenin. The essay question was just which character do you find most interesting and why ... bit vague. couldn't even think of much to say as i've only ever seen it once :rolleyes: lol - I thought the other part of the exam was ok though. a few chunks of the translation were actually given to you in the text!!! :biggrin: I'm praying for low grade boundaries though!

You only watched it once?! :eek:
I've watched El laberinto del fauno and au revoir les enfants like twenty times! :lol:
It's so hard to remember all my French. I haven't looked at any of it since I went on study leave and I'm scared i've forgotten all of it ;_;
Original post by Dr. Bassman
It's so hard to remember all my French. I haven't looked at any of it since I went on study leave and I'm scared i've forgotten all of it ;_;

Same. When I do practice papers, I forget words that I know I knew a few weeks ago.:frown:
Because it's not such a content-heavy exam as my English and Welsh exams, I've sort of neglected French revision, which wasn't really wise since it's the only one I actually need an A in.:s-smilie:
Original post by JakeE10

i dont mind goodbye lenin but because i have watched the film a fair few times, i cant watch it anymore :P yh it is quite vague, i probably would have said Alex but im not really sure why haha. yh im so glad some stuff was in the text because if i t wasnt, i dont think i woiuld have been able to do the first sentence lol! me too! i was looking at the ums and raw mark boundaries from last years paper and they were quite high :s-smilie: but maybe it was an easier paper last year, did everyone in your class find it quite hard? there were only two of us who did the paper and we said it was the hardest paper we'd done
Reply 3729
Original post by Dusty12
Same. When I do practice papers, I forget words that I know I knew a few weeks ago.:frown:
Because it's not such a content-heavy exam as my English and Welsh exams, I've sort of neglected French revision, which wasn't really wise since it's the only one I actually need an A in.:s-smilie:

Just followed you on tumblr btw. I'm in the same situation as you, I've done tonnes of revision for geography, but the bare minimum for French! :tongue:

Pob lwc!
Original post by Gales
Just followed you on tumblr btw. I'm in the same situation as you, I've done tonnes of revision for geography, but the bare minimum for French! :tongue:

Pob lwc!

I saw! I just scrolled down about ten pages of your tumblr instead of revision. :cool: :tongue:

Pob lwc to you too! Hopefully it'll be all right! :biggrin:
I haven't done an essay in so long, I'm terrified that I will just write a load of French garbage at the end of my paper!
Original post by greengables
I haven't done an essay in so long, I'm terrified that I will just write a load of French garbage at the end of my paper!

I know the feeling. I've left all the French revision until 2 days before because of the 2 horrible Latin exams either side of it. Good luck everyone who's taking French tomorrow! :smile:
Original post by BeccaCath94
I need to learn some more vocab and just pray the translations are ok! haha
Ermm i'm doing Lola Rennt and Ich fuehl mich so fifty-fifty....
You?

Ahh right I did Weimar republic and Rheinland pfalz....obscure much :P how did you find it? I thought it w as ok, the only essay question i had practiced and could do came up wooo!
Original post by nennybeans
Ahh right I did Weimar republic and Rheinland pfalz....obscure much :P how did you find it? I thought it w as ok, the only essay question i had practiced and could do came up wooo!

Haha yeah i got one of the essay qs on the book i'd done before so that was ok!! Would've maybe liked a slightly different Q but ah well... :tongue:
Ooh cool :biggrin:
Hmm I thought parts of it were ok, some of the questions were a bit strange!
Original post by BeccaCath94
Haha yeah i got one of the essay qs on the book i'd done before so that was ok!! Would've maybe liked a slightly different Q but ah well... :tongue:
Ooh cool :biggrin:
Hmm I thought parts of it were ok, some of the questions were a bit strange!

Goood :biggrin: and yeah the social worker one was slightly awkward, and the one where you put in 2 letters :L ah well coulda been a lot worse I suppose :P

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
i dont mind goodbye lenin but because i have watched the film a fair few times, i cant watch it anymore :P yh it is quite vague, i probably would have said Alex but im not really sure why haha. yh im so glad some stuff was in the text because if i t wasnt, i dont think i woiuld have been able to do the first sentence lol! me too! i was looking at the ums and raw mark boundaries from last years paper and they were quite high :s-smilie: but maybe it was an easier paper last year, did everyone in your class find it quite hard? there were only two of us who did the paper and we said it was the hardest paper we'd done

Where did you find the grade boundaries from last year?? :smile:
I have just tried to find them and according to the website I think they will be something like 87/98 for an A*, 77/98 for an A, 67/98 for a B, 57/98 for a C and so on.... sounds about right. What do you need? I need as close to a B as I can get so just hoping I can scrape just enough marks to reach around 65 or over!! (that's raw marks by the way). :smile:
Original post by JakeE10
Where did you find the grade boundaries from last year?? :smile:
I have just tried to find them and according to the website I think they will be something like 87/98 for an A*, 77/98 for an A, 67/98 for a B, 57/98 for a C and so on.... sounds about right. What do you need? I need as close to a B as I can get so just hoping I can scrape just enough marks to reach around 65 or over!! (that's raw marks by the way). :smile:

https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/default.aspx?l=en :smile: just go at the top and change the subject to German gn4 2011, but they change every year, well for my first choice which is Cardiff i need a B, but I'm targeted an A and really want an A, I had an A at AS but after that exam, I honestly dont think I'm on an A which is really bloody annoying, but as long as I get into uni, thats the main thing :smile: what's your uni choice? I have been calculating what I need and I think I need around 80-85 out of 120 for an A, I think I might have a B, just relying on an A for French now! :smile:
https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/default.aspx?l=en :smile: just go at the top and change the subject to German gn4 2011, but they change every year, well for my first choice which is Cardiff i need a B, but I'm targeted an A and really want an A, I had an A at AS but after that exam, I honestly dont think I'm on an A which is really bloody annoying, but as long as I get into uni, thats the main thing :smile: what's your uni choice? I have been calculating what I need and I think I need around 80-85 out of 120 for an A, I think I might have a B, just relying on an A for French now! :smile:

Ah yeah, they are quite high :s-smilie: Maybe it was a harder exam this year though, almost everyone in my class thought it was quite difficult anyway. My firm is Aston Uni and I need BBB. I got a B in German at AS but quite a strong one. Think I got about 75% so I just need a high C for A2 and i should be ok... My oral exam went terribly wrong too though so I think there may be a re-sit year for me as they will definitely not let me in with a C in German!! Lol :smile: Just hoping I can scrape a B now. The scary thing is I was actually predicted an A this year for German but im just too lazy!!! :rolleyes:
Original post by JakeE10
Ah yeah, they are quite high :s-smilie: Maybe it was a harder exam this year though, almost everyone in my class thought it was quite difficult anyway. My firm is Aston Uni and I need BBB. I got a B in German at AS but quite a strong one. Think I got about 75% so I just need a high C for A2 and i should be ok... My oral exam went terribly wrong too though so I think there may be a re-sit year for me as they will definitely not let me in with a C in German!! Lol :smile: Just hoping I can scrape a B now. The scary thing is I was actually predicted an A this year for German but im just too lazy!!! :rolleyes:

Omg I was so close to putting Aston as my firm, which course? :P

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending