The Student Room Group

Language applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JakeE10
Ah yeah, they are quite high :s-smilie: Maybe it was a harder exam this year though, almost everyone in my class thought it was quite difficult anyway. My firm is Aston Uni and I need BBB. I got a B in German at AS but quite a strong one. Think I got about 75% so I just need a high C for A2 and i should be ok... My oral exam went terribly wrong too though so I think there may be a re-sit year for me as they will definitely not let me in with a C in German!! Lol :smile: Just hoping I can scrape a B now. The scary thing is I was actually predicted an A this year for German but im just too lazy!!! :rolleyes:

Yh I'm hoping they are a lot lower because then I could scrape an A but I was thinking today, if I get a B, I'm hoping that it's an average B and not two marks off an A or something otherwise I will be kicking myself!! Ah right, BBB isn't too bad, mines similar in that it's ABC,but the A has to be in French and B in German, I always find the oral my weakest throughout the course, last year I had a C in the as oral, resat this year which went a lot better :smile: I could not imagine resitting the year, I just want to go to uni :frown:
Original post by nennybeans
Goood :biggrin: and yeah the social worker one was slightly awkward, and the one where you put in 2 letters :L ah well coulda been a lot worse I suppose :P

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Yeah. And I wasnt too keen on Q1 either...ah well.
Any idea what the grade boundaries will be?
For the literature/film essays is it likely for the essays to be the same for different languages? Because the Italian exam had something on an important event in the piece so is it possible or likely for the same to come up in French. I've sort of not really revised very well so I'm PRAYING that what came up the past two years (themes and contemporary society) don't come up which leaves characters and style/form etc. Is that a really bad idea? I literally have nothing to say for contemporary society, I could probably handle themes though I guess.
Original post by nennybeans
Omg I was so close to putting Aston as my firm, which course? :P

German :smile:
Original post by JakeE10
...Just hoping I can scrape a B now. The scary thing is I was actually predicted an A this year for German but im just too lazy!!! :rolleyes:

ditto for French! ...and every other A-level actually :rolleyes:
good luck :biggrin:
Original post by JakeE10
German :smile:

Ahh cool I was gonna do German and translation :P going to Portsmouth instead now!

Agh. French exam tomorrow. So nervous. :frown:
Original post by SimplyComplex

:ditto:
just knowing I have to get the grades puts too much pressure on! :ahhhhh:
good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 3748
Original post by SimplyComplex

I'm also doing French tomorrow! OCR? hoping that it's kinder than the Spanish paper was last week which was horrific and very difficult.
Original post by nuage
I'm also doing French tomorrow! OCR? hoping that it's kinder than the Spanish paper was last week which was horrific and very difficult.

I'm doing OCR French... I've got Chemistry that afternoon so I have literally just picked up my French books for the first time! I'M NOW FREAKING OUT. I'm relying on the first two essay topics being bearable because I did that kind of thing for my oral - how many topics have you revised? Please don't say all of them.
Reply 3750
Original post by georgie94
I'm doing OCR French... I've got Chemistry that afternoon so I have literally just picked up my French books for the first time! I'M NOW FREAKING OUT. I'm relying on the first two essay topics being bearable because I did that kind of thing for my oral - how many topics have you revised? Please don't say all of them.

Chem and French look at you! best of luck. I've looked at all of them but only feel comfortable writing about the environment and immigration. I did film for my speaking so would perhaps consider that in the culture section
Original post by nuage
Chem and French look at you! best of luck. I've looked at all of them but only feel comfortable writing about the environment and immigration. I did film for my speaking so would perhaps consider that in the culture section

Oh god it was a great idea back in 2010, not so much fun now. Oh so we're kind of in the same boat with the number of topics, I've basically got crime, immigration and nuclear power. Which bit are you the most worried about? In all the practice papers I keep messing up the bit where you have to define the underlined words from the passage. So frustrating!
Reply 3752
Original post by georgie94
Oh god it was a great idea back in 2010, not so much fun now. Oh so we're kind of in the same boat with the number of topics, I've basically got crime, immigration and nuclear power. Which bit are you the most worried about? In all the practice papers I keep messing up the bit where you have to define the underlined words from the passage. So frustrating!

nuclear was one of my big ones but I'm looking at the 2012 Jan report (the past paper isn't on the site) and nuclear was a question then! I'm quite comfortable with the whole reading section. I guess my biggest worry is the writing. I'm absolutely gutted that nuclear was so recent. we won't get it tomorrow

http://pdf.ocr.org.uk/download/rep_12/ocr_67164_rep_12_gce_jan.pdf?

also, question 15 - no candidates chose this essay! wow!
(edited 11 years ago)
French exam Finally over yayyyyyy! How did everyone find it? I did the wjec paper
Original post by JadoreHan
French exam Finally over yayyyyyy! How did everyone find it? I did the wjec paper

I don't do French but how did you find it?? Easier than the WJEC German paper? :biggrin:
Original post by JakeE10
I don't do French but how did you find it?? Easier than the WJEC German paper? :biggrin:

Well the essay that came up was the one I had learnt so Yayyyyy! But the translation and one of the reading was really hard and the listening was okay so I would say probably the same really, but in my head I think French went a bit better :smile: so now I am finally free of exams :smile:
Anyone else do Edexcel French? The literature essay surprised me :frown:
Original post by Dr. Bassman

Yep. It was a tricky tricky slant on it. Luckily I had history up my sleeve instead - a gift of a question. Did you brave the literature one anyway?
Original post by Ho Chi Minh
Yep. It was a tricky tricky slant on it. Luckily I had history up my sleeve instead - a gift of a question. Did you brave the literature one anyway?

Yeah , like i sort of just made htigns up. I'm a vit drunk.
Original post by Dr. Bassman

Yeah, I did that essay. I quite liked it, actually. I was just pinpointing various bits of duality. What text did you do it on?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending