The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So has Pogba been officially confirmed then?
Original post by sahil19
Zlatan's shirt sales have made a profit of £76M, by next week Pogba's fee will be paid off. Can't see why any United fan would be worried about his price tag.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1469806129.126564.jpg
Original post by Zerforax
:love: Fizzel talking all the sense.

Although can't ignore that Adidas are paying Man Utd like £75mil a year to be able to sell the shirts..
To give some background, we sold like 3 million shirts last year, even the best deals the clubs get like 20% of that money. So at £60 a shirt, that would be £180million in revenue of which at most we are going to get 20% of profit. If we live in dream land, and say revenue=profit for purposes of simplification then 20% would be £36m from total shirt sales. For the most part any point made about shirt sales paying for transfers is usually rubbish. Not to mention few players actually increase shirt sales for the most part you're just saying people will get X instead of Y on the back.

Original post by Lúcio
So has Pogba been officially confirmed then?
No but all the sources seem to be suggesting its a case of paperwork now. Once thats done, Juv will sanction a medical. Will be a massive deal for us if it goes through though.

Also saw its 20 years to the day we signed Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Now that was a value signing.
(edited 7 years ago)
LALALA I can't hear you Fizzel
Underlined it as well you know.
Our line-up tonight looks fairly full strength.

De Gea
Valencia - Bailly - Blind - Shaw
Schneiderlin - Herrera
Mkhitaryan - Rooney - Martial
Zlatan

Subs: Johnstone, Romero, Darmian, Jones, Rojo, Carrick, Fellaini, Lingard, Mata, Memphis, Young, Rashford
(edited 7 years ago)
De Gea
Valencia Bailly Blind Shaw
Schneiderlin Herrera
Mkhitaryan Rooney Martial
Ibrahimovic

What a team for a preseason game.

Edit - I was too slow.
Blind should change his shirt name to Daley, then we have Bailly and Daley.
Who is creating the match thread?

@sr90

@rk2k16

@Kenan
(edited 7 years ago)
Match thread for a pre season game?
Original post by NathanW18
Match thread for a pre season Zlatan's first game?

Yes, where is it?
ZLATAN
Zlatan scored already :lol:
8 minutes in I know but Rooney is misplacing passes all over the place just like at the Euros.
As soon as I turn it on, we concede. :frown:
Rooney hopeless in every aspect of this game so far. Nothing has really come of it but I like Mkhiraryian's movement.

Shocking, shocking defending to concede.
(edited 7 years ago)
Definitely some defensive question marks about this team.
Sell Rooney.
Rooney and Herrera thing just isn't working, we need somebody with presence.
Original post by _Morsey_
Definitely some defensive question marks about this team.

I think the whole team has played at like 4/10 this game so far. I know it's a preseason but you're still supposed to try and win the game. Most of them look like they're just seeing out the final drill of a training session.

Edit: Has Rooney been practicing corners with Harry Kane?
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest