The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1840
Off topic but if anyone's entered the HSBC student bursary competition let me know and I'll vote for you. If not but your on facebook (or even if you have) please could you vote for me. This is why I feel I deserve the 15,000 more than others.

"How will I leave my mark on the world? By breaking through adversity and giving on a phenomenal scale. £15,000 will enable me to volunteer, get through university and truly get me out of the circumstances that have plagued my life. Please vote for John Morris - 'From YOPEY to Gambia.' and give the money to someone who has made a difference already, having already given thousands of hours of his time doing volunteering from rural Gambia to my local town. "

Just follow the link or search for the hsbc student bursary comp - search John Morris and click on 'From YOPEY to Gambia.'

http://www.facebook.com/hsbcstudents?sk=app_173156132754133

Thanks and six days until Keele :-)
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
I got two lectures on the 30th of this month...is that even right?...I means its freshers week!!
Reply 1842
Just gunna throw this out there; I'm going to be living in off-campus accommodation (still to be sorted) doing science foundation year progressing onto biology afterwards. As I will be living off campus I'm trying to be as social as possible before moving so I can get to know people. Hello all :biggrin:
Im doing Law so..btw mate a mate of mine wants to come stay for freshers...is that allowed??
What about if they want to go to teh events...and they dont have Keele card, wont security check if they been signed in or not??
Original post by Swimmer
What about if they want to go to teh events...and they dont have Keele card, wont security check if they been signed in or not??

You only have to sign them in if they are staying in halls I think, meaning that they wouldn't check as going to events does not mean that you are staying overnight.
Reply 1846
Am i the only one that thinks bringing non uni freinds to freshers week is a very very bad idea?
Original post by mrk12a
Am i the only one that thinks bringing non uni freinds to freshers week is a very very bad idea?

I don't think it is the best of ideas either.
Reply 1848
Original post by mrk12a

I agree, seems a bit anti-social
Reply 1849
anyone applying to medicine to keele? :smile:
Another quick question mate, I have to pay 45 for accomandation, is there anyway this could be done when we come on saturday?? I dont have direct debit and wont be able to set it up on time...
Reply 1851
on the keele log in thing if I click to where it says "courses in which you are enrolled" it says the instructor is the same for all of them except one where its them and someone else... I hope they are er good
Are the timetables incorrect or do I actually have an English lecture and tutorial during freshers week? I'm being led to believe it is the case considering that both are seperate modules.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
Reply 1853
All I have in freshers week is a 1 hour 'introduction to library'.
My Tuesdays are pretty awful though. Although only quite so much every second week. In lectures etc. 10am - 2pm. Just try and beat that.
Reply 1854
i only have 4 lectures on my timetable, when will this update as i know il have some seminars?
Reply 1855
Nothing on my timetable at all. So perhaps I won't have any lectures ever? Or is that just wishful thinking?
Reply 1856

I will keep an eye on it next week.
My time table is a pain in the arse... my lectures leap frog. One lecture on politics, another lecture on politics, then a lecture on politics but the same module as the first one... ffs
Reply 1858
Original post by Teaddict
My time table is a pain in the arse... my lectures leap frog. One lecture on politics, another lecture on politics, then a lecture on politics but the same module as the first one... ffs

Mine do the exact same thing. I also have one lab work in one class room then the exact same lab work for the exact same module in a completely different room. Stupid timetablers.
(edited 12 years ago)
Yeah my lectures are also rather sporadic. Seems that instead of spreading lectures over the week so each day is fairly consistent all the lecturers like to put loads on in one day and then none on the next :s

I have 4 lectures on a Tuesday in one week and 5 on the next Tuesday and it alternates like so but then I have none on Wednesday. Strange :s

Quick Reply

Latest