The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
As I have pointed out before, universities are NOT required to send out acknowledgments at all. Aberdeen do but I seem to recall waiting for months before it arrived in the post (Aberdeen aren't big on email throughout the application process). When your UCAS welcome letter arrives it will list your choices. This is essentially proof that those choices have your application.

They sent me SOOOOOOOOOO much spam it was unreal. Every time I got an email from them I got really excited, only to open it to find out it was about their sports village or library...
Sorry, the medical school isn't big on email :tongue:

Lies. I'm not even there and I'm getting emails almost daily :tongue:
Sorry, the medical school isn't big on email :tongue:

Do you ever check your uni email account? :tongue: I may not get emails daily but I get a good collection over a week!
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Lies. I'm not even there and I'm getting emails almost daily :tongue:

Original post by TheRabbit
Do you ever check your uni email account? :tongue: I may not get emails daily but I get a good collection over a week!

During the application cycle I seem to recall all of the important stuff coming in the post or via track.

Forgive me for thinking that applicants wouldn't like to hear about current student's domestic complaints about email :smile:
During the application cycle I seem to recall all of the important stuff coming in the post or via track.

Forgive me for thinking that applicants wouldn't like to hear about current student's domestic complaints about email :smile:

Yeh, but for applicants emails are from SRAS, not the medical school in particular, if I remember correctly.
I can remember them not emailing about my interview :tongue:

Off topic, am I the only person slightly weirded out to see King's chapel/buildings on the front page of TSR every time I log in?
Off topic, am I the only person slightly weirded out to see King's chapel/buildings on the front page of TSR every time I log in?

They have taken out a TSR advert, nothing clever or sinister going on :tongue:
Not to be controversial - but I definitely recieved my interview by email though my offer was by letter. Included in the email was a map and a few other information things. And there is a regular general applicants newsletter and other random info which I got by email.
Reply 268
I got my adknowledgment letter from Aberdeen today! I know it means nothing more than they have my UCAS application, but I did get somewhat excited especially after my email from admissions re chemistry content! Hopefully I meet what they are looking for and they want me after all lol!
Im applying to aberdeen again this year as a graduate in anatomy... good luck everyone and good luck to me! haha! :smile:
Reply 270
Original post by gh70
I got my adknowledgment letter from Aberdeen today! I know it means nothing more than they have my UCAS application, but I did get somewhat excited especially after my email from admissions re chemistry content! Hopefully I meet what they are looking for and they want me after all lol!

Do you mind me asking when they sent the letter? I live in a really remote area of Scotland so i'm expecting letters to take 2-3 days longer to get to me ha :smile:
Original post by LPScot
Do you mind me asking when they sent the letter? I live in a really remote area of Scotland so i'm expecting letters to take 2-3 days longer to get to me ha :smile:

Tbh I'd expect you to get it sooner than everyone else considering how much closer you must be to Aberdeen than the rest of the UK... :wink:
Reply 272
Original post by gh70

great.

now I know one other person has received something from aberdeen, I shall presume I have been rejected if I don't get mine tomorrow. Gotta love application paranoia.
Reply 273
Tbh I'd expect you to get it sooner than everyone else considering how much closer you must be to Aberdeen than the rest of the UK... :wink:

VERY good point actually haha i'm going to go by that theory so that I don't stress about not receiving letters :wink:
Reply 274
I got an acknowledgement today, they also said I didnt put in my full address on the UCAS form :frown:
Reply 275
Original post by kingme
great.

now I know one other person has received something from aberdeen, I shall presume I have been rejected if I don't get mine tomorrow. Gotta love application paranoia.

how many people do you know that have received something from aberdeen? Do you know of any interviews? If it makes you feel any better, I still have received absolutely nothing! :smile:
Original post by LHC
how many people do you know that have received something from aberdeen? Do you know of any interviews? If it makes you feel any better, I still have received absolutely nothing! :smile:

IF AND WHEN YOU GET AN INTERVIEW, OFFER OR REJECTION YOU WILL BE TOLD.

In due course you will get an acknowledgment, there is nothing to worry about at this stage. At this rate you lot will be having nervous breakdowns by Christmas.
Reply 277
Original post by LPScot

I got my letter yesterday (25/10/2011) it doesnt say much, just about the application process and once all relevent checks have been done etc.. it can go forward to academic selection.
Not exciting in the least but still... lol
Reply 278

In due course you will get an acknowledgment, there is nothing to worry about at this stage. At this rate you lot will be having nervous breakdowns by Christmas.

I know, I know :P I just can't help panicking :L and actually my panicking/worrying has increased now that one of my other choices (st andrews) have given out interviews already :O and that is without the ukcat scores sent from pearson vue :O so just hearing absolutely anything from any university will help me not panic so much :smile: hence why i am desperate for an acknowledgement from aberdeen :P
Reply 279

What do you mean by Xmas, some of us are already having nervous breakdowns and I have acknowledgemnts from all my choices lol!
Thanks for the sentiment and wise words though!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest