Yes.

Sweet. Better get working...
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
abc
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by JasonSome
Hi!! Do we have any CompSci interviewee around here? I had my interview on the 10th.

None so far! Have you asked on the chat for the whole of Cambridge? How did you feel it went?
Original post by JasonSome
Hi!! Do we have any CompSci interviewee around here? I had my interview on the 10th.

I gave a CompSci interview on the 14th
abc
(edited 2 years ago)
anyone else get in for phys nat sci?
Original post by tas1998
anyone else get in for phys nat sci?

Yes

http://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/admissions/pg/studentships

It's called the Internal Graduate Studentship and more details (sketchy admittedly, so you'll just have to take my word for it) are on MyTrin. Essentially it means that if you have not managed to secure funding from other sources and get a 1st, Trinity should in most cases pay for you to stay on and do an MPhil.
Could any trinmos or engineering/Chemeng students tell me what they had for their GCSEs/IGCSEs?
Original post by Enigmatically
Could any trinmos or engineering/Chemeng students tell me what they had for their GCSEs/IGCSEs?

check out the link to the stalking page on the op of the official Cambridge offer holders thread, I think I put a link a few posts above
edit: yep, post 878
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Enigmatically

I'm a current chemeng student at trinity. Check my profile (though my school results are at the highest end, and not typical of the average student here) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys! I thought it would be nice to have a little page to everyone considering applying to Trinity this year! I'm Gautam, thinking of applying to Economics at Trin! :smile:
Applying for Maths :smile:.
Original post by DonAchille
Applying for Maths :smile:.

Daaaaammmmnnn, how're your grades? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gmahapatra
Daaaaammmmnnn, how're your grades? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very good. But not studied maths formally for many years. I'm picking it up pretty well though, so hopefully my good academic track record and the fact my tutor thinks I can get decent grades will help me get an interview. He is also a trinity alumni so every little helps.

After that, it's all down to STEP. I plan to study for that consistently and rigorously, as even if I don't end up at Cambridge, it will help me bed into uni maths elsewhere.
My name is Linjun and I'm also applying to study economics.
Very good. But not studied maths formally for many years. I'm picking it up pretty well though, so hopefully my good academic track record and the fact my tutor thinks I can get decent grades will help me get an interview. He is also a trinity alumni so every little helps.

After that, it's all down to STEP. I plan to study for that consistently and rigorously, as even if I don't end up at Cambridge, it will help me bed into uni maths elsewhere.

Ahh, I sort of understand - how come you haven't studied maths formally in a while? I am sure you'll succeed excellently man :smile:
Original post by Josh.Lyman
My name is Linjun and I'm also applying to study economics.

Hi Linjun - good choice of course ;P How are your grades?
Original post by gmahapatra
Ahh, I sort of understand - how come you haven't studied maths formally in a while? I am sure you'll succeed excellently man :smile:

I got pushed towards the classics and English when at school and took 2 years of the 4 year classics degree at Oxford before getting totally fed up.

I've always like reading about sciencey stuff, physics especially and sort of got into the idea of doing maths, so decided I'd go for it. I don't like my job at the moment and have no real commitments so I have the opportunity to do a degree. Hope your application goes well.
I got pushed towards the classics and English when at school and took 2 years of the 4 year classics degree at Oxford before getting totally fed up.

I've always like reading about sciencey stuff, physics especially and sort of got into the idea of doing maths, so decided I'd go for it. I don't like my job at the moment and have no real commitments so I have the opportunity to do a degree. Hope your application goes well.

Incredible! I totally understand the sentiment man, what college at Oxford, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks bro :smile:

Latest