The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

I've gotten an interview for Architecture on 7th Dec! :smile:
Anyone else applying for this course here?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
I've got an interview on the 9th for Physical Natural Sciences. Are there multiple TSA practice papers online or just the one on the website?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interview on the 7th for Maths. Looking at the sample interview Emma posted to their page, it seems like there isn't actually much to prepare, or am I wrong?
Original post by Star Light
Accommodation is free :smile: You can have 1 night, 2 nights if you've travelled over 250 miles I think!

Ok, that's great, thanks! :smile:
Original post by laesterherz
Interview on the 7th for Maths. Looking at the sample interview Emma posted to their page, it seems like there isn't actually much to prepare, or am I wrong?

I've got an interview for maths at Emma on the 8th. I wouldn't solely go by that interview. They will probably go through problems like that with you, but I expect they will talk to you about your personal statement as well. Just know your personal statement and be prepared to talk about it really :smile:
Original post by nitromeguy
I've got an interview for maths at Emma on the 8th. I wouldn't solely go by that interview. They will probably go through problems like that with you, but I expect they will talk to you about your personal statement as well. Just know your personal statement and be prepared to talk about it really :smile:

My personal statement wasn't mentioned at interview. Best thing I can recommend is just doing maths problems. Obviously you should be able to back up anything you say on your PS though but don't be surprised if they don't mention it.
Original post by DomStaff
My personal statement wasn't mentioned at interview. Best thing I can recommend is just doing maths problems. Obviously you should be able to back up anything you say on your PS though but don't be surprised if they don't mention it.

Oh right ok, I've been practicing STEP for quite a while now so I suppose that is good preparation.

Okay, thanks a lot :smile:
With regards to accommodation for the interview, should I assume this will be available to me if I have requested it or is there a chance I won't be able to stay at the college?
With regards to accommodation for the interview, should I assume this will be available to me if I have requested it or is there a chance I won't be able to stay at the college?

It's only not available when all the spaces have filled up-- it's first come first serve. If you requested it as soon as you got the interview notification, you should be fine... I think.
Original post by laesterherz
It's only not available when all the spaces have filled up-- it's first come first serve. If you requested it as soon as you got the interview notification, you should be fine... I think.

Ok thanks :smile:
Yes! I have an interview for maths on 8/12 :biggrin:

Oh fantastic! Good luck!
Original post by AmarPatel98
Also, who were your interviews with?

Original post by AmarPatel98
Hi I have an interview tomorrow. How was yours! How did the whole thing generally work and if you could give me any tips/advice I'd be ever so grateful!

I hope you're looking forward to your interview! In terms of practicalities, the day will run beautifully smoothly if you follow the official guidance and times, and the lovely admissions staff and helpers will get you everywhere on time and watch out for you.

Just remember - you have signed a contract agreeing not to discuss the content of any interviews, or any of the interviewers, with anyone else, and you are posting on a public forum, with what appears to be your name as your actual username. Be very careful about asking for, or giving, interview-specific advice.

Follow general interview advice - get a decent night's sleep, stay focused but calm, take time to think about your answers, and do yourself justice.
I hope you're looking forward to your interview! In terms of practicalities, the day will run beautifully smoothly if you follow the official guidance and times, and the lovely admissions staff and helpers will get you everywhere on time and watch out for you.

Just remember - you have signed a contract agreeing not to discuss the content of any interviews, or any of the interviewers, with anyone else, and you are posting on a public forum, with what appears to be your name as your actual username. Be very careful about asking for, or giving, interview-specific advice.

Follow general interview advice - get a decent night's sleep, stay focused but calm, take time to think about your answers, and do yourself justice.

Ah great! That's reassuring. I'm looking forward to it! :smile:
Yo, so I had my interview today and I just wanted to let you guys know that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! (According to the e-mail you received,) They want you to be in the Common Room about half an hour before the interview but don't worry, because a lot of people chose to stay outside for the fresh air-- just remember to check in with the student helpers who have a list of your names and will lead you to your interviewer a few minutes before the interview. They are all really nice and you can always ask them questions, too!
Also, remember that many of the other applicants are also nervous so it's always nice to start a conversation with them if you are feeling nervous as well :smile:

Good luck with your interviews!! And remember, stay calm and confident-- after all, there is a reason you've been chosen :wink:

PS: They provide food and drinks, which is really nice.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1775
Hi,

I was wondering if Emmanuel view economics A Level as a relevant subject for engineering. Also would they recommend carrying all of your A levels? I'm currently in year 12 taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Economics and Computer Science.

Finally, what UMS are they expecting for engineering?

Thank you in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ehmb
Hi,

I was wondering if Emmanuel view economics A Level as a relevant subject for engineering. Also would they recommend carrying all of your A levels? I'm currently in year 12 taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Economics and Computer Science.

Finally, what UMS are they expecting for engineering?

Thank you in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

The most this question can be answered is by looking at the Emma/UoC page for Engineering. The relevance of A-Levels and expected UMS should be equal across all the colleges as part of the standardising of applications, so won't be specific to Emma, but as usual, higher is better for UMS so just work hard. The maths, physics and computer science sound relevant and sufficient for an Engineering application, so Economics is fine to have as far as I'm aware.

As for A-Levels, you probably know the offer only looks at 3 of them, so if you think you'll be fine going forward with 5, then do that, but not if it might cause you to miss the offer. The college itself won't offer any advice in terms of A-Levels/UMS that would differ from the rest of the uni.
Reply 1777
The most this question can be answered is by looking at the Emma/UoC page for Engineering. The relevance of A-Levels and expected UMS should be equal across all the colleges as part of the standardising of applications, so won't be specific to Emma, but as usual, higher is better for UMS so just work hard. The maths, physics and computer science sound relevant and sufficient for an Engineering application, so Economics is fine to have as far as I'm aware.

As for A-Levels, you probably know the offer only looks at 3 of them, so if you think you'll be fine going forward with 5, then do that, but not if it might cause you to miss the offer. The college itself won't offer any advice in terms of A-Levels/UMS that would differ from the rest of the uni.

Thank you :smile:
Random question, what is the food like at Emma?
Really don't know whether to put down Pembroke or Emma D: anyone prepared to convince me?

Latest

Trending

Trending