The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

Original post by candycake
Hi! :hello: Nice to meet you! Are you coming from far or are you a UK student? I live in East Anglia so I'm fairly close to the uni. I'm guessing your exams went well - what subjects did you study? I took English, Latin and physics.
Nice to meet you too! I'm from Pakistan (pretty far). They didn't go as great as I thought to be honest ahah, I did Maths, Physics, Economics and history!
(edited 7 years ago)
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Hi all, I'm going to be starting the education with English course this year and it would be great to get to know some people before the term starts! Any incoming freshers around?

Hi :biggrin: I'm from the West Midlands and am going to be studying Education with French. Are you doing any reading for Education? And are you on the freshers facebook pages? (I don't use facebook so just curious!)
Original post by Melonbug
Hi :biggrin: I'm from the West Midlands and am going to be studying Education with French. Are you doing any reading for Education? And are you on the freshers facebook pages? (I don't use facebook so just curious!)

Hi! I've joined the Homerton Facebook page and the general Cambridge page too. I've just ordered a few education books - I'm planning to read at least one from each discipline before term starts along with some English books too. Have you seen the reading list for education which Homerton have published online?
Hi! I've joined the Homerton Facebook page and the general Cambridge page too. I've just ordered a few education books - I'm planning to read at least one from each discipline before term starts along with some English books too. Have you seen the reading list for education which Homerton have published online?

That's good :smile: Yes, I'm trying to do like you and read a bit about each discipline. I luckily found books on psychology and philosophy of education in a local library but found nothing on the sociology or history. Might order a couple but not sure yet which to pick...

Are you looking forward to freshers? :tongue:
Original post by Melonbug
That's good :smile: Yes, I'm trying to do like you and read a bit about each discipline. I luckily found books on psychology and philosophy of education in a local library but found nothing on the sociology or history. Might order a couple but not sure yet which to pick...

Are you looking forward to freshers? :tongue:

I found a history book (A Century of Education) on the Cambridge online library - you can download it for free using your Raven account. Freshers should be great, looks like there'll be loads of activities to choose from. Also - if you're not on Facebook, did you get the message about the freshers' bop? It's fairytale themed so freshers are supposed to dress up as a character from a fairytale/myth/legend.
https://www.facebook.com/events/921427698003978/
I have no clue what I will wear though!
I found a history book (A Century of Education) on the Cambridge online library - you can download it for free using your Raven account. Freshers should be great, looks like there'll be loads of activities to choose from. Also - if you're not on Facebook, did you get the message about the freshers' bop? It's fairytale themed so freshers are supposed to dress up as a character from a fairytale/myth/legend.
https://www.facebook.com/events/921427698003978/
I have no clue what I will wear though!

Sorry for the delayed reply! And thanks for letting me know about the bop, I didn't know at the time. I'll have a look at that book soon too. Hope you're enjoying it here!
:biggrin::biggrin::smile::biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Is anyone doing econpmics?
Education with English anyone?
Education with Psychology?

Anyone got an interview yet?
Yep, got mine tofay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qwerty Lad

Great news - what track are you applying for?
I have applied for computer science, havent got an interview yet :frown:
Original post by Psycho222
Great news - what track are you applying for?

Economcis

Posted from TSR Mobile
applied for education and psych, havent heard back yet
Me too!
Is anyone doing Classics?
Is anyone doing ECONOMICS?
anyone heard back for history & politics?
Does anyone know if they send letters or emails ??
Anyone got an interview at homerton for Music? Or know anyone that has?

Latest