The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8260
Original post by Ghost
Gentlemen.

For a long time I've been looking for a nice pair of shoes to wear with jeans when out at a nicer restaurant or a club. I absolutely hate brogues and boat shoes or anything of that nature, so I really struggle to find something that I think I'd feel comfortable wearing. I found these shoes on Asos though, and I seem quite drawn to them. Do you think they would do for what I need them for?

Nice, simple shoes. No ugly needless detailing, no silly square or pointed toes. They look quite comfortable too.
Reply 8261
Original post by Ghost
lol are you being sarcastic? I've received such bad feedback about them from other people, but I've genuinely fallen in love with them!

No I like em. I'd have to see them in person but they look great.
Reply 8262
Original post by py0alb
Nice, simple shoes. No ugly needless detailing, no silly square or pointed toes. They look quite comfortable too.

Blue piping and double stitch detail is needless, and in some minds, ugly.
Reply 8263
Original post by cgvince
Right so i bought some dark purple skinnys in the topman sale £15,

anyway i can wear them with a light/mid-blue oxford shirt and that shirt goes with the jeans (it looks white in the photo for some reason) , But im unsure what other colour tshirt/shirt would go with them

any ideas ?

DSC_1591.jpg

They're more plum that purple from the looks of that

Stick to white/pale blue tops, perhaps pale yellow if you're feeling bold. add other colours through jackets, etc.
Reply 8264
Original post by cgvince
Right so i bought some dark purple skinnys in the topman sale £15,

anyway i can wear them with a light/mid-blue oxford shirt and that shirt goes with the jeans (it looks white in the photo for some reason) , But im unsure what other colour tshirt/shirt would go with them

any ideas ?

DSC_1591.jpg

Unfortunately, this is the big problem with unusually coloured trousers. It severely limits what you can wear with them without looking silly, which is an unfortunate characteristic for a item that you should really be able to get quite a bit of wear out of.

That's the reason 95% of trousers are the main neutral colours: black, grey, white, beige, brown, navy and muted blue.

However, all is not lost: you just need to see these as your one bold item and combine with neutral colours. Normally the shirt or tie would be the accent item, but in this case its the trousers. No big deal.

White, Grey or Black (depending upon the weather) is the obvious option, and I can see either a navy or a dark green sweater working as a good complimentary pairing.

Probably avoid red/orange/brown/beige tops. Too many warm colours together looks a bit weird.
Original post by Roxas
So I am 6 ft 5 and very skinny, looks like I haven't eaten in a few days and summer clothes really aren't good for me!
There is no material to hide behind and I generally feel exposed or something! Fashionable shorts this year are above knee length, and I can imagine them looking remotely good on stick like legs..

Skinny people how do you dress for summer?!

how much you weigh? go to the gym
Original post by Ghost
Gentlemen.

For a long time I've been looking for a nice pair of shoes to wear with jeans when out at a nicer restaurant or a club. I absolutely hate brogues and boat shoes or anything of that nature, so I really struggle to find something that I think I'd feel comfortable wearing. I found these shoes on Asos though, and I seem quite drawn to them. Do you think they would do for what I need them for?

http://www.asos.com/H-By-Hudson/H-By-Hudson-Lamane-Lace-Up-Shoes/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1924266&cid=4209&sh=0&pge=2&pgesize=200&sort=-1&clr=Brown

Not a fan tbh, agree with Mess, distressed shoes just look like you don't know how to look after them.
Reply 8267
Original post by srsmass14
how much you weigh? go to the gym

I weigh just over 9 stone, and I've been advised by my gp to concentrate on gaining weight, not losing weight at the gym :P
Original post by Roxas
I weigh just over 9 stone, and I've been advised by my gp to concentrate on gaining weight, not losing weight at the gym :P

daamn 9st, dude thats skinny as ****, 3 years ago i was 6'4'' 11st, and i was very skinny, now after 3 years of gym and lot of eating, I'm 6'6'' 16.5st and aiming for 17st.

you seriously need to eat and hit the gym, otherwise, you'll just gain fat
Reply 8269
Original post by Roxas

Hit the gym as in, do weights, not cardio.
Reply 8270
Original post by srsmass14
daamn 9st, dude thats skinny as ****, 3 years ago i was 6'4'' 11st, and i was very skinny, now after 3 years of gym and lot of eating, I'm 6'6'' 16.5st and aiming for 17st.

you seriously need to eat and hit the gym, otherwise, you'll just gain fat

Your food bill must take the piss!!
What do you guys think of desert boots? If you have some, what colour/style are they and what sort of clothes do you wear them with? Looking to get some.

Also, what are the best sort of things to buy from primark? Like taking advantage of the cheap price but still getting decent quality.
Original post by Ryan2159
Your food bill must take the piss!!

it does, but mostly drink weight gainer shakes cos i don't time to consume so many calories

What do you lads think of slimmer fitting shorts? Apparently I need some new shorts but I don't know about this style. :confused:

At the moment I'm just sporting the baggy, 'three quarter' length type. Are slimmer denim jeans that cut off closer to/at the knee a good look, or a bit silly? I'm unsure, ta.

*I'm not talking about that 60 quid pair in particular, that's just an example, cheers.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Converse Rocker

What do you lads think of slimmer fitting shorts? Apparently I need some new shorts but I don't know about this style. :confused:

At the moment I'm just sporting the baggy, 'three quarter' length type. Are slimmer denim jeans that cut off closer to/at the knee a good look, or a bit silly? I'm unsure, ta.

*I'm not talking about that 60 quid pair in particular, that's just an example, cheers.

They look really odd in my eyes! If I stare at it, then it looks like two seperate pictures... one of half a pair of jeans and then a pair of legs D:! They look okay I suppose? Not actually that sure!
Original post by Spoonforknife
They look really odd in my eyes! If I stare at it, then it looks like two seperate pictures... one of half a pair of jeans and then a pair of legs D:! They look okay I suppose? Not actually that sure!

I know what you mean mate, particularly the guy's right leg, it looks photoshopped in :tongue:

I'm just not sure about the style, wondered what people thought.
Original post by Converse Rocker

I personally like them, but I feel they'd look better if they were rolled up so they rest just above the knee. I've been DIY'ing some and created some from slim/skinny jeans that I no longer wear. Just cut to below wear you want them to stop and roll them up to hide the raw edge!
Original post by minimalpenguin
I personally like them, but I feel they'd look better if they were rolled up so they rest just above the knee. I've been DIY'ing some and created some from slim/skinny jeans that I no longer wear. Just cut to below wear you want them to stop and roll them up to hide the raw edge!

This this this this! I've done the same with an old pair of mine.:biggrin:
Original post by i love mummy
What do you guys think of desert boots? If you have some, what colour/style are they and what sort of clothes do you wear them with? Looking to get some.

Also, what are the best sort of things to buy from primark? Like taking advantage of the cheap price but still getting decent quality.

I'm tempted to buy some to wear with shorts but I doubt I can pull it off.
Original post by minimalpenguin

Cheers mate :smile:

I've seen one guy I know in this style, looks okay to me, maybe better than the baggy parachutes I'm rockin' right now :wink: Will see what's around and try some on for a better idea of whether they suit, thanks again.

Latest

Trending

Trending