The Student Room Group

Emergency Stop

Scroll to see replies

I did one :smile: The examiner's glasses flew off and hit the window, it was hilarious.
Original post by tattybojangles
i did one :smile: the examiner's glasses flew off and hit the window, it was hilarious.

LOL! Hahaaa!

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
i had to do it because if i never i would of hit a sheep, i decided to speed up
Original post by Runninground
LOL! Hahaaa!

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

It was hilarious :lol: He picked up his glasses and just went, "right. Won't be making you do that again.."
He's lucky his glasses didn't fall out the window, actually - my car doesn't have air con and it was really warm yesterday so the windows were open.
Original post by TattyBoJangles
It was hilarious :lol: He picked up his glasses and just went, "right. Won't be making you do that again.."
He's lucky his glasses didn't fall out the window, actually - my car doesn't have air con and it was really warm yesterday so the windows were open.

LOL! I can just imagine that happening. If that happened to me i wouldn't be able to stop laughing ahaa. I bet you wondered what had happened when a pair of glasses suddenly hit the windscreen!
Reply 25
Original post by Emma-Ashley
Examiners try to do 1 in every 3.

Incidentally I had a pupil going for his second test (first with me :smile:) and he had previously been a tester for ABS. On his first test he was asked to do an emergency stop and nearly put the examiner through the windscreen! (This wasn't the reason he failed...)

He had the same examiner on the second test and, unsurprisingly, was not asked to perform an emergency stop... :biggrin:

If you stall in your emergency stop then do you get a minor?
Original post by qasidb

Try not to bump 5 year old threads but no, I don't think you do
The main thing they're looking for is that you can stop the care safely and promptly although stalling is a bit annoying, it won't hinder your ability to stop the car.
tbh, i think quite a few drivers actually do stall the car when they have to stop in a real emergency. On test you have some time to think and prepare yourself which you don't get in a real world emergency
Original post by qasidb

I doubt it. The idea of an emergency stop is to stop ASAP no matter what. I would've thought that punishing people for stalling during an emergency stop would encourage people to just plant their foot on the clutch pedal, which, at higher speeds, can be a very costly, and even deadly mistake (separate the clutch plates and you separate the engine from the wheels, thus you loose engine braking, the difference is negligible at 30 and below. But the faster you go, the more that engine braking matters).
The reason only 1 in 3 people are asked to do an emergency stop is because of the excessive force that is experienced during the manoeuvre basically it’s to protect the testers from getting whiplash

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending