The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3240
Original post by xxstephxx
waiting to hear from BCU, then see if there's anything in clearing and then just get more experience for next year x

I think everyone is waiting for BCU lol. Admissions said there had been a bereavement, so will take another week or so x

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
anybody who has done their C licence where/who did you do your lessons with?
Reply 3242
BCU are just taking the mic! I feel sorry for all of you who are still waiting for a uni offer. It's pretty bad on the university actually. If this is how unorganized they're going to be before the course (BARING IN MIND the course starts in 2 months and no one has been offered places yet), then what're they going to be like during the course? It'll be good for those who can't stick to deadlines anyway!
Reply 3243
Original post by xxstephxx
anybody who has done their C licence where/who did you do your lessons with?

i did mine in hull, theres a driving school there that works with the ambulance service to make sure pupils taking their C1 for the paramedics (and not just for lorry driving) learn right in the city and down the small streets etc aswell as the outskirts so that they have some experience of what it might be like to manovuer a vehicle that big in busy streets. i did my theory and hazard perception then did two days out in the lorry, then the test the next day. its not too scary :smile: i enjoy driving so i really enjoyed it, only got 1 minor, probs hardest part is knowing when to stop on the reverse park.
Original post by elchilds
Hiya Guys

Hope everyone is good. For everyone who has offers for Worcester, we have a FB group. PM me and then I can add you.

xxx

Hi,
Just saw you had a face book page for Worcester paramedic course I start in sept so love to be added.
Thanks
Rick
Reply 3245
Original post by r1ckpowell
Hi,
Just saw you had a face book page for Worcester paramedic course I start in sept so love to be added.
Thanks
Rick

https://www.facebook.com/groups/327552170637095/

(hopefully it works) :smile:
Reply 3246
im guessing theres still no more news from BCU then :s
Has anybody on the St Georges waiting list heard anything from them?

Mark
Reply 3248
Original post by mark_richards
Has anybody on the St Georges waiting list heard anything from them?

Mark

wait are you on about st *johns..
the ambulance service?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3249
Original post by flower17
wait are you on about st *johns..
the ambulance service?

No he's on about St George's
the university...
Original post by Alex27
No he's on about St George's
the university...

Just spat my tea out :biggrin:

This was sent from TSR's iPhone app, as I couldn't be arsed to turn on the laptop.
Reply 3251
Hiya!
Has anyone heard anything at all in the last few weeks of BCU for paramedic science?
Im fed up my hopes are dying!

X
Original post by rose2445
Hiya!
Has anyone heard anything at all in the last few weeks of BCU for paramedic science?

X

Have you tried calling them? I thought all offers had to be given by now.

This was sent from TSR's iPhone app, as I couldn't be arsed to turn on the laptop.
Reply 3253
Original post by rose2445
Hiya!

X

the last time i emailed them they replied saying there had been a bereavement which had held things up, but that they had started shortlisting, that was three weeks ago, seems no ones heard anything :frown:
Reply 3254
Original post by zombie1
the last time i emailed them they replied saying there had been a bereavement which had held things up, but that they had started shortlisting, that was three weeks ago, seems no ones heard anything :frown:

Apparently the head of department has passed away, they are in turmoil, but are making their way through 400 applications. X

Original post by Zmit2260
Apparently the head of department has passed away, they are in turmoil, but are making their way through 400 applications. X

How sad :frown: well hopefully there will be news for you guys soon. Bear with em in what must be horrible circumstances for them x

Reply 3256
Oh that's awful :frown: plenty of patience needed then. Good things come to those that wait as they say :smile:
Reply 3257
The head of department has passed away I emailed Adele and that was my reply.
Let us know if any of you hear anything please xxx
Hi everyone,
I will be joinin you in this big game of anxiety and dissapointment as i too have decided to become a paramedic.
Just wanted to share my work experiance in the hope you could give me a little feedback.
I dicked around in school far too much and got kicked out before i even tryed my GCSE's since then i have grown up and managed to complete an NVQL3 in motor mechanics (it was sort of a road i was forced down and thankful for at the time.

That was 6 years ago and this christmas i weighed up what i wanted in life and concluded on becoming a paramedic, since that point i have done my first aid at work/medical gases/AED/spinal immobilisation and various forms of airway management. This has landed me with a voluntary job as an event first aider, i have worked for sporting events festivals and i even helped cover the olympic torch, on top of this i have become a rescue medic (glorified first aider) with the hovercraft search and rescue and i am applying to become a community first responder.
Im hoping with 12months of this behind my belt it should put me in a good position, the event companys i work for are run by an ex army field medic and a paramedic both willing to give me a referance.
As well as this i am doing an online course in anatomy & physiology and in september i will be attending an access to nursing course. This will include key skills in english and maths.
Im so desperate to get in and any advice or criticism would be welcome.
Thanks , dan
PS; good luck to all those applying this year and all those who are going to uni this year.
Original post by Danielson
Hi everyone,
I will be joinin you in this big game of anxiety and dissapointment as i too have decided to become a paramedic.
Just wanted to share my work experiance in the hope you could give me a little feedback.
I dicked around in school far too much and got kicked out before i even tryed my GCSE's since then i have grown up and managed to complete an NVQL3 in motor mechanics (it was sort of a road i was forced down and thankful for at the time.

That was 6 years ago and this christmas i weighed up what i wanted in life and concluded on becoming a paramedic, since that point i have done my first aid at work/medical gases/AED/spinal immobilisation and various forms of airway management. This has landed me with a voluntary job as an event first aider, i have worked for sporting events festivals and i even helped cover the olympic torch, on top of this i have become a rescue medic (glorified first aider) with the hovercraft search and rescue and i am applying to become a community first responder.
Im hoping with 12months of this behind my belt it should put me in a good position, the event companys i work for are run by an ex army field medic and a paramedic both willing to give me a referance.
As well as this i am doing an online course in anatomy & physiology and in september i will be attending an access to nursing course. This will include key skills in english and maths.
Im so desperate to get in and any advice or criticism would be welcome.
Thanks , dan
PS; good luck to all those applying this year and all those who are going to uni this year.

Good luck to you! Your experience sounds great. Obv lack of GCSE's and A levels is an issue but the Access course will help you loads. Have you looked at entry requirements for some of the unis you want to apply to? Sounds like you're doing all the right things though :smile:

Latest