The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter Accommodation Questions Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eden3
Aha it's okay, since yesterday the status of my application has changed to 'processing', so hopefully I'll hear from them soon :smile:

Glad to hear it. :smile: Mine was processing for ~3 days, so you shouldn't have to wait too long. Make sure you check the 'Offer Information' tab when it says you have a provisional bed space. :h:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by eden3
Why have you left your application so late? :O Is Exeter your firm choice?I think applications for accommodation opened in April.
Exeter is my firm choice. I haven't applied yet because of A level exams and going on holiday straight afterwards. Does it make a difference as long as I apply before 31st of July?? :s-smilie:
Original post by Praetorian_X
Glad to hear it. :smile: Mine was processing for ~3 days, so you shouldn't have to wait too long. Make sure you check the 'Offer Information' tab when it says you have a provisional bed space. :h:

Will do! :smile:
Original post by Daisy May
Exeter is my firm choice. I haven't applied yet because of A level exams and going on holiday straight afterwards. Does it make a difference as long as I apply before 31st of July?? :s-smilie:

It doesn't matter, you can apply before A-level results (obviously). If you don't get into the uni, they'll just reject your application, no biggie. Nothing to worry about :smile:

Erm I don't think it should affect you too much, since most new undergrads are waiting for their A-level results in August. Just make sure you send it before the deadline :smile:
How come people are already receiving offers? I haven't even begun my application yet!

People who have an unconditional firm offer get processed for accommodation first. You still have until 31st of July, if you're an A-Level student your application won't get processed until around August anyway. Applications don't get processed in date order or anything, so you're fine as long as you do it before the 31st. Go and log-in, it doesn't take that long. :P

https://www.exeter.ac.uk/accommodation/applying/login/
Original post by eden3
Will do! :smile:It doesn't matter, you can apply before A-level results (obviously). If you don't get into the uni, they'll just reject your application, no biggie. Nothing to worry about :smile:Erm I don't think it should affect you too much, since most new undergrads are waiting for their A-level results in August. Just make sure you send it before the deadline :smile:
So there's no difference between applying for accommodation now and applying in April? :smile: I didn't think so, that's why I prioritised exams. BTW I'm pretty certain I'll get into Exeter.
So there's no difference between applying for accommodation now and applying in April? :smile: I didn't think so, that's why I prioritised exams. BTW I'm pretty certain I'll get into Exeter.

I don't believe so - I recall reading somewhere in the Exeter website that they do not deal with accommodation applications in chronological order (or something along those lines).

I'm glad to hear it, I hope you got in! :smile:
Original post by eden3
I don't believe so - I recall reading somewhere in the Exeter website that they do not deal with accommodation applications in chronological order (or something along those lines).I'm glad to hear it, I hope you got in! :smile:
Thank you, you too. :smile:
Does anyone know how much work is involved in self catered accommodation in terms of cooking? It's not that I'm lazy but I do get quite tired and I'm worried that I won't want to cook that much :s-smilie:
Original post by Tweedley
Does anyone know how much work is involved in self catered accommodation in terms of cooking? It's not that I'm lazy but I do get quite tired and I'm worried that I won't want to cook that much :s-smilie:

Self catered? Cook as much or as little as you want, you're just in charge of what you buy. If you want to live on sandwiches, salads, and biscuits, nobody is going to stop you. :P

I found that cooking things in big portions (like chilli) and storing them in tupperware for the rest of the week was a good way to save effort/time, personally. That way, you could just nuke a decent meal in the microwave on days where you just don't feel like cooking, but still need something nutritious.
Original post by lledrith
Self catered? Cook as much or as little as you want, you're just in charge of what you buy. If you want to live on sandwiches, salads, and biscuits, nobody is going to stop you. :P

I found that cooking things in big portions (like chilli) and storing them in tupperware for the rest of the week was a good way to save effort/time, personally. That way, you could just nuke a decent meal in the microwave on days where you just don't feel like cooking, but still need something nutritious.

Thanks for this! It's made me feel better :h:
Finally got my accommodation :smile:

I have a question though - how do you pay for accommodation through an instalment plan? I already paid my accommodation deposit online but I don't know how to set up an instalment plan for paying for my accommodation (which will be paid by a relative, not through loans).

When I selected accommodation on the online system, it wanted me to pay the whole thing in one go.
Original post by eden3
Finally got my accommodation :smile:

I have a question though - how do you pay for accommodation through an instalment plan? I already paid my accommodation deposit online but I don't know how to set up an instalment plan for paying for my accommodation (which will be paid by a relative, not through loans).

When I selected accommodation on the online system, it wanted me to pay the whole thing in one go.

If you click on view your offer and scroll to the bottom of the page, it should show your rent split into three different instalments and the date they're due.

There's a box on the online e-pay system where you can enter the amount you want to pay (next to the option entitled "Accommodation (Exeter Based)", so you should enter the amount shown on your offer for the first instalment into that box.

Voila, you'd paid your first instalment. :smile:

Repeat a few months later for the second instalment, and then the third a few months after that. Just keep that little table at the bottom of the offer page safe somewhere so you can refer to it.

Hope this helps.
(edited 7 years ago)
If you click on view your offer and scroll to the bottom of the page, it should show your rent split into three different instalments and the date they're due.

There's a box on the online e-pay system where you can enter the amount you want to pay (next to the option entitled "Accommodation (Exeter Based)", so you should enter the amount shown on your offer for the first instalment into that box.

Voila, you'd paid your first instalment. :smile:

Repeat a few months later for the second instalment, and then the third a few months after that. Just keep that little table at the bottom of the offer page safe somewhere so you can refer to it.

Hope this helps.

Ohhhh so you pay for the instalments one at a time, before the given date.

Yes that makes perfect sense, thank you! :smile:

I believe on the accommodation site it says we have to take £150 off for terms 2 and 3, to make up for the £300 deposit we paid initially. :smile:
Should look something like this (this is mine).
Original post by eden3
Ohhhh so you pay for the instalments one at a time, before the given date.

Yes that makes perfect sense, thank you! :smile:

I believe on the accommodation site it says we have to take £150 off for terms 2 and 3, to make up for the £300 deposit we paid initially. :smile:

Yes, this is all correct. :h:
Should look something like this (this is mine).

Yes, this is all correct. :h:

Yep, I know exactly what you're referring to now. Thanks again for helping! :biggrin:
I have a large one bed maisonette in central exe up for rent with a private company! Although you are on your own it's in a block of flats with other students? Please let me know if you're interested! Would be happy to send you more details.
Hi I'm looking for a housemate who can join 4 girls and a boy in Bishop Blackall School flats on Pennsylvania road. It's a great new modern flat that's £130 a week starting on the 29th August 2016. The flat are all second years and a really friendly bunch! Please message me if interested or if you have any questions
Original post by mathsmusicfrench
Rowe House and St Germans are pretty much Lafrowda, but not quite as new, but newer than "old lafrowda" (not ensuite). They are in the same location, about the same cost (?) and basically the same idea. Bit less of a rowdy social "lad" reputation I guess, but not really any different. You can be as rowdy or non-rowdy as you like in any of the halls.

I second Lafrowda. You'll be in Harrison which is almost at the top of a hill, so all halls will be downhill, but Lafrowda/St Germans/Rowe House will be on the right side of campus at least. Cut through past Amory!

Deposit - in my year (ages ago now) it was £300 to be paid ASAP I think, and then £150 was deducted from two of the termly payments. This info should be available online quite readily... Google!

-I was wondering, i'm seeing 'old lafrowda' and 'new lafrowda' popping up alot, can you explain the difference to me pleasE? I applied for accomodation in lawfrowda ensuite self catered, where would i most likely be given a place if i was to be given one, old or new? thank you
Original post by h_ash08
-I was wondering, i'm seeing 'old lafrowda' and 'new lafrowda' popping up alot, can you explain the difference to me pleasE? I applied for accomodation in lawfrowda ensuite self catered, where would i most likely be given a place if i was to be given one, old or new? thank you

The only rooms in Old Lafrowda are the Standard rooms. If you've applied for en-suite then you will be in New Lafrowda.

The difference is that, as the names would suggest, Old Lafrowda is older than New Lafrowda! It's much more basic, the rooms are bare brick and they're all standard so there's a couple of shared bathrooms between the whole flat.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending