The Student Room Group

Crazy university stories!!

Scroll to see replies

Oh! I've just remembered a prank you can pull on people. What you do, basically, is tape bits of paper together so it makes a long line, and then draw a giant penis. Then, you slide it slowly under someone's door. Bonus points for drawing a smiley face on the head. Did this many a time during first year. The lift journeys up to the higher floors were fun, clutching this giant penis picture. :smile:
Reply 41
Some great stories folks! Tbh, I feel excited for the freshers, I know I was excited this time last year! :biggrin:
Reply 42
Crazy university stories!!

Also, watching one of my long-haired housemates whip his hair back and forth to Willow Smith.

Crazy

watching one of my long-haired housemates whip his hair back and forth

wut
Reply 43
Original post by tommm
wut

:lolwut:
Original post by cinnamon442
Oh! I've just remembered a prank you can pull on people. What you do, basically, is tape bits of paper together so it makes a long line, and then draw a giant penis. Then, you slide it slowly under someone's door. Bonus points for drawing a smiley face on the head. Did this many a time during first year. The lift journeys up to the higher floors were fun, clutching this giant penis picture. :smile:

Doesn't really sound like much of a prank tbh. A prank is filling hundreds of little plastic cups up with water outside of their room. Then, when they open the door they have to remove them one by one and empty them out the window/drink them before they can safely walk out without getting soaked.

At least be a bit imaginative.
Reply 45
Either:

Ending up fleeing from the apartment of a 70 year old disabled crack addict on a mobility scooter and her drug dealer wayne in brighton (2 hours train journey away) at 3am

Forcing our way into a campsite in london, getting kicked out and waking up at 4am in a bush with a male tramp masturbating over us, but I'm almost glad that happened just for the jokes!
oooh, i remembered anothe thing we did,

one of my friends went away for the weekend and had left his door unlocked so we went down to poundland and brough loads of rolls of tin foil, then went back to his room and wrapped everything individually in tin foil,
his pens, books, computer, bed, chair, door, all of his clothes and coathangers, curtains, shoes,

all individually wrapped in foil, it was amazing!
Original post by edlambeth

one of my friends went away for the weekend and had left his door unlocked so we went down to poundland and brough loads of rolls of tin foil, then went back to his room and wrapped everything individually in tin foil,
his pens, books, computer, bed, chair, door, all of his clothes and coathangers, curtains, shoes,

That is brilliant, seen someone have theirs done with cling film.
Reply 48

Wow that looks amazing! It must have taken ages.
Original post by RollerBall
Doesn't really sound like much of a prank tbh. A prank is filling hundreds of little plastic cups up with water outside of their room. Then, when they open the door they have to remove them one by one and empty them out the window/drink them before they can safely walk out without getting soaked.

At least be a bit imaginative.

We cling-filmed a guy's Weetos once. Each individual one. Covered everything in newspaper in another girl's room. I mean, everything. Pens, makeup, lids to things, her curtains, the floor, the ceiling. We also stole one thing a day from another girl until she had pretty much nothing in her room. Stretched some tights between two doors so the guys inside couldn't get out as the doors opened inwards. Filled a room with balled up newspaper to the ceiling. Put a robot spider in a girl's bed. Sneaked into a girl's room and put an inflated paddling pool next to her bed and filled it up with water while she slept so when she woke up and put her feet on the floor, she put them into ice water and then had to slowly empty the pool because she couldn't move it when it was full.

We've done many things. The penis one is the easiest and has the most impact for the effort involved.

Edit: Newspaper room. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 50

that's a Sheffield room! :sexface:
Reply 51
Original post by cinnamon442
My friend went out to a club and got insanely drunk. He met a midget in the club and invited him back to play cards with him and some of his friends. Over the course of this evening, the midget said something to upset him, so he locked him in a cupboard, went to his room and passed out. The next morning he'd forgotten all about it and opened the cupboard door... this midget comes flying out of the cupboard swearing and attacks my friend around the ankles, so he does the first thing he thinks of and kicks him. The midget goes flying across the kitchen screaming 'WHEEEE!' and lands on the floor. He then jumps out of the kitchen window. They never saw him again.

that was one of the funniest things I've ever read!!!
Reply 52
I can't wait to here more of these, and also to go to uni!!!
Original post by Dorito
that's a Sheffield room! :sexface:

no it isnt, thats a room from nottingham, as my mate goes to nottingham trent uni and i went down there to see another friend for the weekend :biggrin:

no it isnt, thats a room from nottingham, as my mate goes to nottingham trent uni and i went down there to see another friend for the weekend :biggrin:

It looks exactly the same as the sheffield rooms!
Reply 55

I would literally go berserk if that were my room. Otherwise, that's amazing.
So it was the first week of Uni. We'd made a friend who could drive, and we were looking for something interesting to do.
"TO GUMTREE!" We said.
We quickly found an ad for a farmer selling some ducks for £3 each in Alton (close to the Uni, it was Staffordshire). So later that day, we drove to Alton and collected two ducks. I didn't want to buy one, I thought it was a little bit harsh on the ducks and didn't want to get thrown out of accommodation in the first two weeks.
But never the less, we ended up back at the house with two ducks. I came back from an introductory lecture and found them in the bath (that's where they were kept, you see.)
One of the housemates was in his room, probably hiding from these three crazy people running around the house looking after ducks which had come from somewhere. We proceeded to feed them, then go to the SU for some drinks. Upon returning, one of the guys we came back with who lived near us was really excited about these ducks, grabbed one out of the bath and ran downstairs and out of the house. He found 4 people sitting in their kitchen, all playing some kind of game on laptops. He threw the duck towards the window, and ran. Strange night, can tell you that much. My housemate had pictues but I don't know what happened to them.

EDIT: I'm sort of honoured that our adventure has gotten this many negs, thank you all! However, I would like to remind you that the rep system is meant to encourage on-topic contributions and discourage off-topic ramblings. It is not meant to be an indication as to how popular or unpopular a certain opinion or post is, that would do the opposite and in fact discourage positive contribution and encourage off-topic comments.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 57

No way! Just had another look and it is almost identical to the Sheff rooms, except the drawers under the desk. In Sheffield there are three drawers not one but other than that they're the same... even the building outside look like the ones in Sheffield. :tongue:
Cows used to mysteriously find their way into the lifts of Castle Leazes Halls, Newcastle and find little to do as they wandered around the upper floors.

Backing a cow out of a lift can also be surprisingly interesting to watch/achieve.:biggrin:

At least they were never put in the Claremont Paternoster :smile:
Original post by Dorito
No way! Just had another look and it is almost identical to the Sheff rooms, except the drawers under the desk. In Sheffield there are three drawers not one but other than that they're the same... even the building outside look like the ones in Sheffield. :tongue:

hell of a lotof these student accommodation appear to be built to like the exact same specs, its kind of disturbing how alike they all are lol

Quick Reply

Latest