The Student Room Group

The (un)Official Thread for Access to HE 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by rackethead
I guess I have to.

I got an open day there next Wednesday but still in shock as I just need a 'pass' in all of my work that I need to do.

I know, it does take a bit of the pressure off doesn't it!
Reply 1381
Thankyou for filling out my survey, I still haven't figured out what I'm going to base it on but think it will be health promotion xxx
How's everyone doing? We have mock exams in 3 weeks, only 6 weeks to go til the real thing I'm getting nervous already! Got our group presentation marks back today, seemed to be a real mixed bag people either did really well or scrapped a pass. Thankfully I managed to get a distinction so that's another 3 credits in the bag. 21 Ds now, still need another 24 to meet my Uni offer!

Is anybody else feeling like the workload has really been cranked up since Easter?
Reply 1383
Original post by *whatkatiedidnext*
How's everyone doing? We have mock exams in 3 weeks, only 6 weeks to go til the real thing I'm getting nervous already! Got our group presentation marks back today, seemed to be a real mixed bag people either did really well or scrapped a pass. Thankfully I managed to get a distinction so that's another 3 credits in the bag. 21 Ds now, still need another 24 to meet my Uni offer!

Is anybody else feeling like the workload has really been cranked up since Easter?

Yes, I think I will limp on all 4s over the finish line in June lol. I have what I need for uni so the pressure is off for me a little, we are having level 2 and level 3 work thrown at us, and everything has to be in by the beginning of June so it is all marked in time.

On a personal level, I have amazed myself on what I have achieved, Distinctions across the board with the exception of 1 essay which I dropped to a merit (that was my wake up call, to not get lax!). I will be sorry to end this course, but at the same time I am excited to come to the end and be able to breathe for a few months. I can't wait to actually pick a book up and read because I want to, not because I have to study it!

I think we can all pat ourselves on the back for what we are achieving, and in a couple of months this portion of our adventure will be over, this time last year who would have thought it?
Reply 1384
I only have 5 assignments left to complete and hand in and 4 of those are nearly finished. However, exams in four weeks and I haven't started revising yet :eek:.
Original post by Soule
Yes, I think I will limp on all 4s over the finish line in June

This made me laugh! Well done you for getting the grades you need.
Original post by jami74
I only have 5 assignments left to complete and hand in and 4 of those are nearly finished. However, exams in four weeks and I haven't started revising yet :eek:.

Me neither :s-smilie:. Will start creating a revision plan tomorrow to put it off further... Our penultimate assignment due in on Monday then 2500 word essay for end of May. Wish coursework was all out the way. 5 assignments sounds loads!
Reply 1387
I only have an english exam at the end, the rest has been essays and mini exams throughout the course, so i am so lucky! but still what feels like millions (about 3) essays, a research project, and god knows what for Bio, psych and

Oh theres loads left :frown: i thought i didnt have nych left, then the above made me realise there is loads.. roll on mid june! :smile:
Reply 1388
Me neither :s-smilie:. Will start creating a revision plan tomorrow to put it off further... Our penultimate assignment due in on Monday then 2500 word essay for end of May. Wish coursework was all out the way. 5 assignments sounds loads!

That sounds like me, I can quite easily spend a couple of hours preparing a timetable and making lists, organising resources etc. Much more fun than just getting down to revising.
Reply 1389
Is everyones exams set out the same way? 2 hours 3 essays for one subject? im dreading it!
Reply 1390
Original post by RinniieX
Is everyones exams set out the same way? 2 hours 3 essays for one subject? im dreading it!

No, thank goodness! But my subjects aren't essay-y sort of subjects.

Exactly the same as ours. We've got 4 to do all in one week, wish they were more spread out. How many credits are your exams worth? Each of ours is 6 so the last 24 credits of the course are all dependent on one week- scary stuff!
What subjects are your exams in?
Reply 1392
Exactly the same as ours. We've got 4 to do all in one week, wish they were more spread out. How many credits are your exams worth? Each of ours is 6 so the last 24 credits of the course are all dependent on one week- scary stuff!

Our exams are 6 credits, but 3 credits from an assignment and 3 from the exam. So even if we crash and burn with the exam we can still swing a merit if the assignment is good enough. I have one that is 2 essays in 2 hours (History), and 1 that is questions and and essay (psychology) but they are spread out we have one in the middle of May and the other at the end.
Original post by jami74

sounds like you going okay at the moment Jami74,I had to take some time out due to health reasons on my Access course,still have a few assignments left to do.

I had a exam last week RinniieX However due to health reasons.I delayed the exam,need to sort things out at college in the next few weeks.I am sure you will do well RinniieX as long as you revise enough.
Reply 1395

I dont know how many credits theyre worth off the top of my head, but i know i have to do 3 essays in two hours for psychology and 3 essays in two hours for criminology an hours maths exam and an english exam, all over three consecutive day :frown: DREAD!
Reply 1396
Wow, after reading through some of your threads it seems you are overloaded with coursework and assignments etc. I've got it all to come, I was given a conditional offer of a place on HSA course in Sheffield last week and I am thrilled. I know it's extremely hard work but I'm determined to get through it.

Can I just say congrats to all of you who are achieving the grades you all need and well done for persevering through the times when you may have thought you cant do it, because you've proved to yourselves that you can :-)

I hope I am in the same situation as most of you are this time next year. Cant wait :-)
Hi everyone,

I'm on the Access To HE Science course, i'm 22 and finished 6th form in 2009 with not quite enough UCAS points from my A Levels so eventually decided to go to college and try once more to get into Uni.

Really enjoying it so far, not long left now though, it's flown by!

I noticed people talking about exams, must say I feel pretty lucky because i've only had mini exams within each subject. I've had an essay for Psychology, timed graphs for Biology, a Chemistry test and a PowerPoint exam for ICT.
Reply 1398
Two essays to hand in for my History coursework by Friday, and then I've gotta prepare for 7 exams, of those 7, four are maths :frown:.
Reply 1399
Original post by AK0001
Two essays to hand in for my History coursework by Friday, and then I've gotta prepare for 7 exams, of those 7, four are maths :frown:.

Seven exams? :eek: Rather you than me, I've only got 4.

I got a write-up back today with a D on it :biggrin: although it is only part of the unit so I still have to perform well in the exam and essay to get all those credits at distinction.

Also submitted another assignment so only four more of those to finish and submit in the next couple of weeks and a couple of practical write-ups.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending