The Student Room Group

UCA Rochester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by grace_mary
hiya, i have my interview for uca rochester on monday and i dont know what to expect. any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Well, I'm not too sure about the interview for Rochester (never got one) but for my CSM one, they basically flipped through my art sketchbooks and portfolio and asked me a couple of questions like:

What made you want to take fashion design?
Why specifically womenswear?
What is it about fashion that interests you?
When did you first realize your interest in fashion? How did it start?

Just relax, do your homework (research on the course) and probably talk about your work in your portfolio. And I guess be prepared to answer questions like those mentioned above. Other than that it should be fine :smile:
Suddenly I'm super glad I did internal progression.
So who else is gonna be staying at the student halls? I'd love to know of people before hand, I don't wanna be alone! Ehehe...
Reply 82
I have made UCA Rochester my firm choice for Fashion Promotion and have booked a room in halls too! :smile:
Original post by BessInACorset
Suddenly I'm super glad I did internal progression.
So who else is gonna be staying at the student halls? I'd love to know of people before hand, I don't wanna be alone! Ehehe...

Hey, I've just firmed my offer for the Fashion Design course. I've been trying to apply for an accommodation at Doust Ways but somehow the system's been down. And I thought I was the only one freaking out about not knowing anyone lol.
Original post by gacoleman1
I have made UCA Rochester my firm choice for Fashion Promotion and have booked a room in halls too! :smile:

I also firmed for Fashion Promotion!! :smile: Hope to get a room in halls too!
Original post by cassiie0103
Hey, I've just firmed my offer for the Fashion Design course. I've been trying to apply for an accommodation at Doust Ways but somehow the system's been down. And I thought I was the only one freaking out about not knowing anyone lol.

Ah- cool! I shall count that as 1 more person! Hopefully the accommodation sorts itself out quickly, UCA are pretty quick at sorting out bugs.
There's probably going to be a bunch loadsa people freaking, especially if they're moving out. I think it's time for the old, 'Let's be nice to everyone and see who's nice back' xD
Ah- cool! I shall count that as 1 more person! Hopefully the accommodation sorts itself out quickly, UCA are pretty quick at sorting out bugs.
There's probably going to be a bunch loadsa people freaking, especially if they're moving out. I think it's time for the old, 'Let's be nice to everyone and see who's nice back' xD

Yeah I managed to complete the application a day after. Just curious, what course did you apply for?
Reply 87
Original post by HannahM1994
I also firmed for Fashion Promotion!! :smile: Hope to get a room in halls too!

firmed for fashion atelier :smile: applied for halls! excited :smile:
Original post by alisonnn
firmed for fashion atelier :smile: applied for halls! excited :smile:

Brilliant :smile: I can't wait for september!
Yeah I managed to complete the application a day after. Just curious, what course did you apply for?

Creative Arts for Theatre & Film
Main excitement is for the costume design~
Creative Arts for Theatre & Film
Main excitement is for the costume design~

Aweesomee, yeah pretty excited about september!
Aweesomee, yeah pretty excited about september!

First timing moving out is gonna be exciting and damned scary as hell. xD
First timing moving out is gonna be exciting and damned scary as hell. xD

Yeaahh I know the feeling... just thinking about how I'm going to survive on my own is kinda scary. :confused:
Hi Guys,
I'm just finishing my first year of my Fashion Promotion course here at UCA, so if anyone has any questions then feel free to ask :smile:
I've lived in halls all year too, so feel free to ask about them, and i'll be happy to respond :smile:
Well done to all of you with offers/interviews!
Reply 94
Original post by xsophiejane
Hi Guys,
I'm just finishing my first year of my Fashion Promotion course here at UCA, so if anyone has any questions then feel free to ask :smile:
I've lived in halls all year too, so feel free to ask about them, and i'll be happy to respond :smile:
Well done to all of you with offers/interviews!

Hi there - thanks for offering out your inside knowledge! I have an offer for fashion promotion which I have made my firm choice. I would love to know what you think of the course, the tutors, if you have found anything a particular problem with the course. Also how have you found it living in halls? Thank you
I think it's a great course. The tutors are all mainly really nice, although there's an odd couple that aren't but you get that anywhere. There's nothing I've really found a problem, although be prepared for some boring/pointless workshops/lectures as they sometimes happen :P The facilities and opportunities given are incredible though!

Living in halls has been great. It's in a great location, and not actually too bad. It's a good way of getting to know people more, so if you get the opportunity to go into halls, i'd definitely take it.
Reply 96
Great thanks that's reassuring - guess I won't be the only one who's first time living away from home - that will be a huge thing but looking forward to doing something I love! :biggrin:
Reply 97
Firmed for fashion promotion and applied for accomidation!
So excited!! :smile:
Reply 98
is anyone here going to uca in september?ive just applied for accomodation! nervous to hear back!
Original post by hellomy18
is anyone here going to uca in september?ive just applied for accomodation! nervous to hear back!

I AM :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest