The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by badcheesecrispy
http://vinienco.com/2012/05/27/australia-prominent-muslim-youth-leader-charged-possessing-1-5-million-cocaine/

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/muslim-youth-leaders-15m-cocaine-charges/story-e6freuy9-1226367805808

A PROMINENT Muslim youth leader, who preaches the perils of crime to his community, has been charged with possessing more than $1.5 million worth of cocaine.

Police allege 36-year-old Fadi Abdul-Rahman, who featured in Kevin Rudd's 2020 Summit in 2008 and has been a fighter for justice in western Sydney, was part of a commercial cocaine syndicate that was caught with 5kg of the drug hidden in a chess set.

Abdul-Rahman appeared in the Downing Centre Local Court on Tuesday, facing two commercial drugs charges after he was arrested during a police sting at Punchbowl in March. Abdul-Rahman's lawyer Brett Galloway told The Sunday Telegraph he would defend the charges.

Another hypocrite from this community..where will it end? Its well known that many muslim descendants (mainly pakistanis) are involved in the selling of illegal drugs in the UK on large scales. This is another very hidden issue in the media and I'm sure more digging would reveal cases of other muslim named men involved in drug offences.

"They will eat our children! OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Reply 21
Original post by Organ
I thought you were a free market fanatic?

Yes .. probably, or something.
Reply 22
Original post by prog2djent
Yes .. probably, or something.

You should be applauding those enterprising drug dealers then!
Original post by Organ

Heaven forbid they legalize such things and make it taxable! :lol:
Original post by Organ
Not really. One of the main arguments for legalization is the negative effects of illegalization. Drug dealers tend to contribute to these negative effects. If you're pro-choice, are you going to be applauding non-physicians who carry out backstreet abortion procedures?
Oh no, a hypocrite. Never seen one of them before.
Reply 26
he's clearly a high Prominent Muslim Youth Leader
Reply 27
Original post by Organ

Not really, I'd like to see these drugs legal for the very reason the types of people and market associated with them would be weakened :angry:
Reply 28
Original post by NuckingFut
Heaven forbid they legalize such things and make it taxable! :lol:

Legal and untaxed would be great.
Reply 29
No, its only comparable when theres logic there.

I'm not religious, and as there have likewise been cases of imam paedophiles, recently actually, I'd say both are comparable in that sense. Of course, they are both religions. Pretty obvious really, the koran is just a slightly more cultish copy of the bible.

There is nothing wrong with criticising a group of people for the beliefs they hold. However, what you are doing is attributing the actions of people born into a religious culture to the religion, without knowing whether those people are actually Muslims or not. Furthermore, you're taking 'Muslim' to mean anyone who was born to a Muslim family and has a Muslim name as well. It would be like pinning the South American drug cartels on Christianity.

Your main point in the original post makes sense because he was a Muslim youth leader but the rest doesn't really.
Reply 30
Another really old and tired response, which has been used countless times.

That was a problem solely with priests, not the catholic community. If the only muslims committing offences were imams then it would be comparable.

So through that logic it's only a problem with some gangs not the Muslim community
Reply 31
Original post by prog2djent
Legal and untaxed would be great.

If we did make it taxable we could probably generate enough revenue to pay off the deficit in a couple of months.
http://vinienco.com/2012/05/27/australia-prominent-muslim-youth-leader-charged-possessing-1-5-million-cocaine/

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/muslim-youth-leaders-15m-cocaine-charges/story-e6freuy9-1226367805808

A PROMINENT Muslim youth leader, who preaches the perils of crime to his community, has been charged with possessing more than $1.5 million worth of cocaine.

Police allege 36-year-old Fadi Abdul-Rahman, who featured in Kevin Rudd's 2020 Summit in 2008 and has been a fighter for justice in western Sydney, was part of a commercial cocaine syndicate that was caught with 5kg of the drug hidden in a chess set.

Abdul-Rahman appeared in the Downing Centre Local Court on Tuesday, facing two commercial drugs charges after he was arrested during a police sting at Punchbowl in March. Abdul-Rahman's lawyer Brett Galloway told The Sunday Telegraph he would defend the charges.

Another hypocrite from this community..where will it end? Its well known that many muslim descendants (mainly pakistanis) are involved in the selling of illegal drugs in the UK on large scales. This is another very hidden issue in the media and I'm sure more digging would reveal cases of other muslim named men involved in drug offences.

This is why im an athiest
(edited 11 years ago)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 35

Another hypocrite from this community..where will it end? Its well known that many female descendants (mainly women) are involved in the selling of illegal drugs in the UK on large scales. This is another very hidden issue in the media and I'm sure more digging would reveal cases of other housewives involved in drug offences.
Reply 36
Original post by Carecup
If we did make it taxable we could probably generate enough revenue to pay off the deficit in a couple of months.

Certainly not from hard drugs, given that usage would fall and like >2% of the population use them regularly anyway.

If you are talking about hemp ... isn't that supposed to be a very US centric view?
Reply 37
Really? London doesnt have any worse criminals than burglars and those who fail to appear? :confused:

Well, it's on the crimestoppers website! I'm not saying that whites are the ones who mess up and blame the Muslims....but come on, over 1 guy out of 7billion+ people, people are attacking the Muslims!!! There's no need!
Original post by noorul87
Well, it's on the crimestoppers website! I'm not saying that whites are the ones who mess up and blame the Muslims....but come on, over 1 guy out of 7billion+ people, people are attacking the Muslims!!! There's no need!

Don't bother. It's like telling the KKK to change allegations againsts blacks lol.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by Perseveranze
Don't bother. It's like telling the KKK to change allegations againsts blacks lol.

Whites are to Muslims what the KKK is too black people?

Latest

Trending

Trending