The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by minhle20
Congrats on the interviews. I know the feeling as well :smile:

Where have you applied other than St Andrews?

Barts, st George and st Andrew.
Rejected by Durham because of UKCAT (my was 738).
UCL biomed - heard nothing.

And thank you. At least I have nothing to worry about now. :L.
Original post by XingBairong
Barts, st George and st Andrew.
Rejected by Durham because of UKCAT (my was 738).
UCL biomed - heard nothing.

And thank you. At least I have nothing to worry about now. :L.

Your UKCAT was 738 and you were rejected!! :eek:

It's a small world I also applied to Barts and almost applied to SGUL but changed it last minute
Reply 3962
Original post by purple and gold
Congrats!! :smile:
What uni is it for?

Sheffield Uni :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey guys,
I wanted to know what jobs specifically have people gotten?

I am looking for a part time one along with my studies but cant seem to find any?

Original post by minhle20
Your UKCAT was 738 and you were rejected!! :eek:

It's a small world I also applied to Barts and almost applied to SGUL but changed it last minute

Aha. Let me know if you get into Barts!!
And yeah the cut off was 745 :L
hey guys,
I wanted to know what jobs specifically have people gotten?

I am looking for a part time one along with my studies but cant seem to find any?

I applied as a Christmas temp at Schuh but got kept on :smile: only problem is I dont get enough hours. I escape the boredom though by volunteering 10 hours a week so its all good :wink:
Reply 3966
Original post by raveen789
Congrats again man!! All those skype sessions were worth it :cool:

Thanks bro! They were definitely worth it- no doubt! XD
iv got another 4 rejections so reapplying was t worth it :/ . im thinking of going abroad, anyone else thinking about it??
Original post by ricerules
iv got another 4 rejections so reapplying was t worth it :/ . im thinking of going abroad, anyone else thinking about it??

Aww man, sorry to hear that!
Was there anything that let you down or just a general "not quite good enough"?

Wow, very surprised to hear that. What's your story?
Original post by ameelia22
Wow, very surprised to hear that. What's your story?

Well I applied last year so in year 12 and got 4 rejections without any interviews but that was probably cause of my really low Ukcat.
So then this year I applied again to Glasgow, Dundee, Manchesyer and Sheffield and got 3 pre-inteeview rejections from all but sheffield where I got an interview. Just got my rejection from sheffield 2 days ago. The 3 rejections I have a feeling were cause of my ukcat cause it was only 685 and maybe sheffiled just didn't like me
Reply 3971
Well I applied last year so in year 12 and got 4 rejections without any interviews but that was probably cause of my really low Ukcat.
So then this year I applied again to Glasgow, Dundee, Manchesyer and Sheffield and got 3 pre-inteeview rejections from all but sheffield where I got an interview. Just got my rejection from sheffield 2 days ago. The 3 rejections I have a feeling were cause of my ukcat cause it was only 685 and maybe sheffiled just didn't like me

I know at least three peoppe who got offers fron sheffield after results day one was rejected pre interview they went that far down their reserve list!!!! The others post

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hl7495
I know at least three peoppe who got offers fron sheffield after results day one was rejected pre interview they went that far down their reserve list!!!! The others post

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow really, that does give me some hope but I really couldn't risk waiting till results day and hoping il get one. Il just apply abroad and if I end up getting an offer on results day il be over the moon and go for it but if not il just go on with the abroad idea.
Wow really, that does give me some hope but I really couldn't risk waiting till results day and hoping il get one. Il just apply abroad and if I end up getting an offer on results day il be over the moon and go for it but if not il just go on with the abroad idea.

They will contact you if you are on their reserve list later in the year. Quite a few applicants got offers but that was only because more people than usual missed their grades/went elsewhere. Wherever you end up, I wish you well. I know the feeling of being rejected. Just keep your head up and wait for the storm to pass. The sun will shine eventually!
Original post by frogs r everywhere
They will contact you if you are on their reserve list later in the year. Quite a few applicants got offers but that was only because more people than usual missed their grades/went elsewhere. Wherever you end up, I wish you well. I know the feeling of being rejected. Just keep your head up and wait for the storm to pass. The sun will shine eventually!

Frogs! hows your application getting/got on this year bro?
Well, I guess I won't have to get a 2nd gap year after all!

St George's offer today!!! wooooo!

the rest will follow next month!!!
Well, I guess I won't have to get a 2nd gap year after all!

St George's offer today!!! wooooo!

the rest will follow next month!!!

Haha, congrats!!! Is it your firm?
*being hysterical because he hasn't gotten a offer yet :biggrin:
Haha, congrats!!! Is it your firm?
*being hysterical because he hasn't gotten a offer yet :biggrin:

Not that I intended to firm it. I may have to eventually! :wink:

Oh I don't care... as long as I get to do medicine
Not that I intended to firm it. I may have to eventually! :wink:

Oh I don't care... as long as I get to do medicine

Congrats!! :biggrin:
Where else have you applied to?
Congrats!! :biggrin:
Where else have you applied to?

Barts and St Andrew's - waiting for post-interview decision

rejected by Durham because of UKCAT (I got 737.5)

UCL biomed never reply - but who cares now? :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending